What's the cheapest gun you own?

Firearms are not cheap! Add in self-defense ammo, training ammo, a plethora of holsters, a good belt, extra magazines… the cost definitely adds up!

There are a lot of different price points for firearms these days - from $200 to $2000+

Here’s an inexpensive firearm review:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/uscca-gun-review-taurus-millennium-g2/

What’s the cheapest gun you own? Would you recommend it?

4 Likes

Ruger 10/22

Got it for 100 bucks cause I found a good deal and the dealer bought 15 of them and cut me a great deal for showing him

3 Likes

I have one of those and I really like it. Years ago I had lots of guns; handguns, semi automatic, revolvers, some shotguns, rifles. But guns just really aren’t my thing anymore. As I get older I have a Millennium G2 C and a Smith&Wesson SD 9mm VE, Both go bang every time I pull the trigger and if I’m caught in another situation in Chicago, well truthfully you just aren’t going to get your gun back, a nice gun will go missing in an evidence locker, a gun deemed fair or not desirable will be melted down or will be used as a drop gun. I’m very attached to my Taurus because I mistakenly dropped the gun and holster on the floor in our bedroom the butt end hit the floor hard so in other words barrel up towards the ceiling, gun was loaded, one round in the chamber my head was over the barrel as it turned out, and the gun did what Taurus claims, it didn’t go off which would have been bad for me. That’s why I said I really like that gun.

2 Likes

Marlin 795, .22 long rifle. It was 149 dollars brand new with a cheapy scope. It is far more accurate than I can shoot, and with the synthetic stock it cleans up easy from the grime on my hands. I use it to kill varmints, around a private fishing hole. I absolutely recommend it.

1 Like

Interesting question. All of my guns I was able to purchase at dealer prices. The dealer is a friend of mine and he calls me when he has legal issues and I call him when I purchase weapons. Quid pro quo.

3 Likes

The cheapest gun I own is my Mosin Nagant 91/30 which I picked up with a sling and an oil bottle for $75 at a local gun show almost ten years ago.

3 Likes

Beretta APX for $69.99… Recommended, but works on chipmunks on backyard only. Caliber 0.177 :yum:

2 Likes

Remington R 51 9mm and a Ruger LC 9s.

3 Likes

Perhaps you mean inexpensive. I postulate, in my case, that overall the firearm is the cheapest part. Quality is important to me as I shoot a lot. Ammo is my largest expense with any firearm.

The most inexpensive I have purchased… Mosin 1938 for $50 under a C&R 10+ years ago.

4 Likes

My hubby has a derringer he bought at a garage sale. It was in with a bunch of toys with missing parts and cutlery in a box marked “$1 each”. He offered them a quarter for it and they took it.

The seller told him it was a cap gun, but he didn’t know if it worked because he couldn’t figure out how to get it open.

:no_mouth:
:scream:
:+1: :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve gotten a couple free guns from folks who just wanted them gone and knew I was a “Gun guy”. I have a couple I am considering refinishing and returning to their owners as wall hangers primarily $25 single shot shotguns.

On a similar thread I daily drive a 1999 Ford Ranger that a buddy left with me when he retired as he had a new Subaru but was coming back to get it. He came back to visit and he was talking about the truck and what a hassle it would be to drive it back to his place.

He says: “How much money you got in yer pocket?”
Me: “I got $60K in credit cards and $1.37 in cash.”
Him: “Gimme the buck thirty seven, it’s yours.”

I told the DMV lady I bought it for $1.37 and she STILL taxed me at the going rate :frowning:

Been driving it for 10 years and it keeps on going :smiley:

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Got a bunch of ford trucks and Broncos around that age @Craig6, but we paid a bit more for them than that :smile:

3 Likes

@Zee

Got any Ranchero’s sitting around? My Hot Rod is a 77’ Ranchero 500.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

@Craig6 no rancheros, but we’ve got a '75 Canadian F250 … :innocent:

1 Like

Hey, Zee, you got any 65 Chevy pickups? That’s what I’m looking for.

2 Likes

@David38… che…what? No, don’t think we have any of those :wink:

1 Like

She is my Mistress Midnight, believe it or not my wife MADE me go look at it, then arranged financing when I told her I couldn’t afford it. Guess after 29 years n’ that I might keep her.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Inexpensive guns. I have a Marlin model 60 .22 rimfire that I bought new for $79. Then there’s the HiPoint .380 pistol bought new for $95. Also a Star Arms Model F .22 pistol I bought from a friend (FFL holder) for $35. But the best deal is a 1929 Mosin Ngant bought from the sporting goods counter of a local department store for $29.95, and all the numbers match.

Regards.

P.S.: Each of these guns, at the time of purchase, was everything I could afford to spend.

3 Likes

Cheapest firearm I own is a Jap 7.7mm rifle. Grandpap bought two of them for $6 each. One for him and one for my dad.

3 Likes

@BJP do they still have the Mum’s? Looking to finish off my Axis side of the house.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes