What's better than Hoppe's 9?

M-Pro7 user here. Works great. I have picked up some SLIP 2000 weapons grease that I intend on putting on my rifle since it doesn’t get used as often as my pistols do

2 Likes

I have used Hoppes 9 and I have some now. Just started using CLP Breakfree and G96. I have read good reviews on CLP and G96 and I am using it on my M&P Shield now. Some folks claim they use it for practically everything from fishing reals to door hinges. I am expecting good results

2 Likes

A little update to my previous post:
I used Ballistol to clean my gun after last range shooting (400 rounds). It did great job. Worked with the same result as M-Pro7 Cleaner.
It reduced the time of whole process, because I did not need to put an oil coat on all metal parts of the gun.
Looks Ballistol is my cleaner / lubricant now. :clap:

1 Like

Mike, I have been using Ballistol as well and love it. totally agree with Hickok45

1 Like

I actually like the smell of Hoppes. I have also used Ballistol. I’m not too thrilled with the way it smells. As to how they work, they both seem to work pretty much the same to me. But I don’t let my guns get all that dirty so neither has had a very good test.

I was reading some very good things about Shooter Lube so I ordered some to give it a try. I haven’t received it yet but when I do I will try it out on my rifle since that hasn’t been cleaned since the last time I shot it.

My 2 cents on Mobil 1 as a gun lube, That’s all I have put in my truck since I bought it new in 2004. I have 235,000 miles on it and it runs as good as the day I bought it. If it can protect an engine against heat and friction as well as it has for me then I would think it would also do a great job lubricating a firearm.

Hoppe’s 10 (sorry couldn’t resist)

2 Likes

@Rocklock :joy::joy::joy: :love_you_gesture:

I’m wondering if Hoppe’s will follow Microsoft one day…

1 Like

I see more people thinking about Mobile1…
As @Michael1 has mentioned, Mobile1 does a wonderful job on engines and I can tell, also works great on firearms. So far I’ve been testing it on my PPQ (which is a polymer) and have been using it on rails ONLY (it’s not a good product to put a small coat on every metal parts to preserve it, it’s too thick in my opinion). The great thing is, that Mobile1 stays on place all the time, doesn’t spread or burn out - it’s always where I put it.
Next step will be start to use it on my 1911 which needs a little different lubrication. Hopefully Mobile1 will pass the test… if not, I still have Ballistol :point_up:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried shooters lube? What were your results? What makes it so good?

1 Like

Shooter lube.

3 Likes

I use it exclusively. The cleaning agent has no smell what so ever and a couple sprays cleans everything! The oil is great as well. I use it on every single firearm I have. Cuts cleaning time in half.

4 Likes

Nothing better than old #9… When I was given my first rifle back in the old days, my Grandfather gave me a cleaning kit with, you guessed it, Hoppe’s 9. I will try a lot of different oils and such, current favorite for oil is WC Ultima-Lube 2, keeps my 1911’s humming along.

For many years, that was the smell of cleaning guns after shooting or hunting. And I don’t plan on changing. Now, get off my LAWN! :grinning:

4 Likes

Recently tried shooters lube and loved it.

2 Likes

Liberal Tears and its Bacon scented.

6 Likes

I swear by Shooter Lube. Simple and just works.

1 Like

It’s awesome. No frills. No odor. Cleaner cleans and the lube lubricates.

1 Like

I finally ordered some shooters lube waiting for it. I will try it . A lot of people talking about it.

1 Like

Bacon scented gun oil? Be still my heart! :smiley::heart_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

What is better than Hoppe’s #9?
Nothing that I know of.

2 Likes

You might try Lucas! I’m having very good luck with it with all my pistols. Lucas makes very good Automotive Products and lubricants.

3 Likes