What would you do if they come for your guns

The state of Missouri has passed several pieces of legislation that said if any authority, including the federal government, tries to infringe your 2nd amendment rights, the state has an obligation to defend you. The most aggressive of these included law enforcement and legal defense… that is, if the feds tried to unconstitutionally confiscate your firearms, both state and local LEO would be expected to prevent them, and the state would have to bring it’s legal resources to your defense. I believe these are the most aggressive laws tried anywhere and they have easily passed every time. Because of either veto or court action none of them stand but I think it gives a pretty clear picture of statewide attitudes on confiscation and how it would likely be dealt with.

8 Likes

Good post my friend.

1 Like

I hear you 45IPAC. Over the river in Missouri we have awesome Leo’s who, I think, would never come after a law abiding citizens guns. However, the feds will bring in outsiders or possibly UN troops if we get to that point. I sound crazy I know and I don’t really think we’ll get there in the next 25 years. After that I’ll be gone and I worry that there wont be anyone willing to defend Lady Liberty left.

3 Likes

Depends on what ears you’re listening with. It’s all paranoia and hysteria until it turns out to be prudence and clear-sighted prediction.
I’ve got extra tin foil for your hat if you need any. I keep a ready supply.

And totally agree with you on our Missouri sheriffs.

4 Likes

Every man/woman has to determine for themselves just how far they will be pushed.

We’ve already seen gun confiscations occurring in states like NY and CA after the passage of their ridiculous assault weapons bans.

Many people will fight at the ballot box.

many will fight at the courthouse.

Some would resist without force to make a statement similar to the civil rights era.

Some fraction will resist with force.

Unless the last becomes a large fraction and the rest have failed they will succeed.

Every individual has to decide where to draw their own line.

When it comes to gun rights I’ve given all I’m willing to and resist to whatever degree necessary any attempts to confiscate mine absent my first committing a disqualifying offense.

I’m old, I’ve lived my life so it’s much easier to me to defense my principles than someone just starting out in life.

Crowd dynamics and the Bystander Effect are interesting things though. Often people willing to act and take risks will stand around simply waiting for someone else to begin and then it becomes a snowball but it always requires at least one person willing to resist with their all for others to be willing to join and act.

I’m a law and order constitutionalist to the end but when the gov’t ceases to act within those limitations I won’t easily give in to their demands.

My suggestion to our leaders is don’t put “The People” in a situation where they’ll have to make the decision as to just how far they are willing to go to defend their rights.

Widespread general confiscation would quickly divide the nation, erupt in violence, and split our police and military members and leadership with from the civil authorities.

I hope I don’t live long enough to see such a thing in the US and despite the political rhetoric and platform of the democrat leaders and hopefuls I think they realize just what any such attempts would mean.

They’ll use the rhetoric to fire up the base to win office but so far none have once in power been willing to push us to the bring of rebellion.

Hopefully it remains that way.

9 Likes

“You aren’t paranoid if they are really out to get you”.

6 Likes

I would never give up my guns while I’m still alive. My son is a LEO and I told him I helped bring him into this world and I can also take him out. Don’t come to my door demanding my guns. He said he wouldn’t.

3 Likes

If it happens under a “red flag” law, you can’t do anything. because they are going to show up at your front door with a SWAT team at 4am with ARs pointed at you and red laser dots and tactical flashlights, and maybe a police dog. That’s why red flag laws are essentially equal to gun confiscation, ONE AT A TIME. The only way that can take guns without a fight, or with a fight against one citizen at a time. This is the biggest threat to our freedom i see right now!

8 Likes

I live in Indiana and we have the Red Flag Law. I would hate to think, someone that don’t like me could use the Red Flag Law to get my firearm taken away from me. And I’m more likely to call USCCA because of the Red Flag Law them because I had a justified shooting that want bad.
I’m with the boating, it turn over and I lost everything.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Kevin27. I agree this is a huge threat - confiscation without due process is a scary precedent.

3 Likes

Their is IC 35-31.5-2-129 or IC 35-31.52-185

1 Like

Give them up, then use the justice system to the fullest (US SUPREME COURT) to get them back! The only way to fight the government is with the law.

Force resistance is a pipe dream and should be marketed for profit by anyone selling it. Robots and Drones are the new weapons of urban and rural warfare, and the average 1000 group of armed civilians could not compete. My guns as weapons of conflict or war are for unlawful foreign and domestic individuals and groups; not law enforcement of military!

1 Like

Hi Dawn,
These people are crafty and wicked, and they must be watched closely, whereas we must come up with our own creative ideas to protect this nation.

1 Like

All the police need to enter your home is “reasonable suspicion” and an articulable claim of “exigency”.

Please, never resist police entering your home or attempting to arrest you. If you do so with force they will hurt you and hurt you a lot and if you do so with deadly force they will kill you.

The time to fight the police is in front a judge.

Remember if they are not in violation of department policy or law they will be indemnified against a lawsuit as well so your loved one’s won’t get a dime.

Now, if they start trying mass confiscation we can all make a decision as to how far we’re willing to go to resist and we all know that would almost certainly lead to a civil war.

6 Likes

No court order no search warrant. Stupid Red Flag Law.

3 Likes

With the Red Flag Law they don.t need one.

3 Likes

Let them in, give them my guns, then the USCCA will ask them if I committed violation, crime, and or if the Executive Branch recently shaved a little fat off the Constitution? If neither, sue Sue SUE! :man_judge:

3 Likes

“You already have the guns. I saw the light and turned them in at that no questions asked buy back event.”

3 Likes

I’m wondering if putting my guns in a trust owned by my LLC would effectively provide a level of protection for 1. keeping my guns 2. allowing me to run my training business by hiring a firearms instructor? 3. preventing the confiscation by police should they come to take them they aren’t mine they are the corporations. What does everyone think about this?

I’ll just leave this here

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes