Virginia may be ground zero!

WIth 74 counties passing 2A sanctuary resolutions, the governor and legislature is speaking up.

6 Likes

Honestly don’t see this working. The Dems are dreaming. They themselves must have overlooked the oath of office they took.

7 Likes

Well that will throw some gasoline on the fire…

If the following chart is accurate can the President take control of the VA National Guard under Title 10 over the Governor’s objection?

8 Likes

To them the oath they took means nothing. Their actions speak much louder than their words.

11 Likes

Take notice. This state has gone off the rails and plans to use military force against American citizens who are exercising their constitutional rights. If you vote Democrat, you support this.

12 Likes
4 Likes

Combined a couple of threads about this… Carry on.

6 Likes

I am glad I moved out of there in Northern VA it is a liberal haven glad I won’t be there when it hits the fan. Has the potential to be very ugly. Most of the guard will not go for that most likely and then that opens up another mess.

5 Likes

I was thinking that most guardsmen would refuse to act against American citizens.

7 Likes

@Michael7 I hope that’s true. They may be making a choice between following unconstitutional orders and giving up their freedom permanently if they are tried and convicted under military law… that’s not a simple choice to make.

I find this extremely worrisome … “us” and “them” … THAT is a very bad sign.

“They can continue to have their meetings. They can continue to make sanctuary counties, but we’re going to do what Virginians have asked us to do,” he (Gov. Northam) said, referring to the strict gun control platform credited for Democrats’ sweeping election wins in the state.

and this just makes my eyes bug out:

"We’re not going to take people’s guns away,” Northam insisted on Wednesday, dismissing the sanctuary measures.

:lying_face:

Really? REALLY??? That is PRECISELY what y’all are proposing. :scream: :angry: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

and this…

Rep. Gerry Connolly called on law enforcement officials to resign if they refuse to enforce the state’s gun laws. “I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they’re prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Connolly told The Washington Examiner.

Ok, so if the sheriffs don’t want to enforce unconstitutional laws that would violate the constitutional part of their oath of office, you think they should … what… just go home and bake cookies? :angry:

Because I’m sure you’ve got someone in mind to appoint that would be ever so happy to just follow your orders. :rage:

We have lost our collective everlovin’ minds. :triumph:

12 Likes

I’m very concerned about this. Wars have started over much less.

14 Likes

This is the kind of action which can lead to riots in the streets, literally. Next they’ll call to "bring in the scoops. "

5 Likes

And apparently, so are some Virginia legislators.

4 Likes

If they bring in the national guard or any outside force to that state then I’m affraid it could be ground zero. All it could take is one shot fired for all Hell will break loose. If nothing happens and their laws pass then it will enable another Dem state to push the envelope. At some point there will be a Ground Zero. It is inevitable because they will never stop. I am honestly thinking they actually want this to happen so they can point the finger and say…see we told you they shouldn’t have guns.
Gun control is about Control and not guns. With guns we are citizens and without guns we are subjects.

12 Likes
  1. Forget their oath to the Constitution, these legislators are failing in their oath to enact the will of the people that elected them.

2. The VA National Guard may not be as ready to enforce as this Senator thinks, and what exactly does enforce mean…sending the soldiers around house to house…from the neighborhoods they were just mustered up from?

3. There are a lot of States that have decriminalized marijuana…perhaps the President should activate the National Guard in those States to enforce Federal Law?

4. While the President is considering activating the National Guard for additional to enforce Federal law as it applies to drug use, perhaps he can also use them in those sanctuary States and cities and enforce Federal immigration laws and back up ICE since local law enforcement is not.

I see all kinds of problems ahead for VA if they continue down this path. But they will provide us all (regardless of position) an interesting case study and template.

8 Likes

Zee,

Under Title 10, the Guard follows the orders of the President…in this case President Trump. These orders will be Constitutional. One of the ways military members could be tried under military law (UCMJ) would be to fire upon it’s own citizens and/or follow the orders of a tyrannical Governor. I’m not going to get into specific codes under UCMJ, but it’s written in stone under Title 10.

Now, in a dire situation, President Trump could declare martial law and order the arrest of certain Political Heads, such as the Virginia Governor. And then…things get real interesting!

12 Likes

Yes, President Trump can and undoubtably would if the Governor proceeds with his threats.

5 Likes

It will be the “Shots” (Plural) heard around the world all over again!

6 Likes

WARNING : some foul language used but highly recommend watching this video.

Let’s talk about Florida and Virginia

Timeline :
0 to 2:16 is his training dates and schedules. He always allows school teachers and resourse officers to train for free. They are our first responders for kids at school if allowed to carry.
2:17 to 14:13 is UPS highjacked and how badly that situation was handled.
14:14 to the end is the situation unfolding in Virginia. If you only watch one item please watch this. Share with everyone especially with LE and military personnel.
5 Likes

There are, however, state defence forces, and Virginia has one… these report to the governor, not federal authorities or the president.

Aside from that,if there is civil unrest, and the national guard is brought in, I think things will get very murky.

Nope… they’ll use people from other states. You don’t deploy Virginians in Virginia because it’s their home. You use companies from Oregon or Colorado or California or New York.

3 Likes