Good news for VA!

This is encouraging!

5 Likes

7 and counting! I expect more will follow.

5 Likes

Way to go Virginians!

4 Likes

I think in the demographic of VA it is going to come down to an electoral college divide. There will be the “farmer few” and the “liberal concentration”. The farmer few will be geographically 80% of the state with 20% of the population vs the liberal concentration with 20% of the territory and 80% of the votes. 65% of which will not vote overall. Dunno how this is going to work.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

(with apologies to Dr King)

I have a dream, that one day my children will live in a Nation where second amendment sanctuary cites don’t exist because the Nation itself is a sanctuary for the 2nd amendment, I have a dream today.

But until that day, stories like these give us hope.

5 Likes

From VCDL emails, it looks like pretty much every county that is NOT in a metro area at the very minimum has a sanctuary proposal in the works. Thats about 80% of the geographic area. But there is still a long way to go from proposed to passed by the county board.

2 Likes
6 Likes

46 as of this morning, 12/7. I live in Warren county and the boad of supervisors has moved their meeting on December 10 from the County Government Center to the High School because of the anticipated high turnout. I will be there.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the in-person report!

1 Like

Culpeper County Sheriff says he won’t ignore the law but will deputize thousands of county residents.

6 Likes

That’s brilliant! Good man you’ve got there.

I think his oath of office would allow him to not enforce unconstitutional laws, but without the text of it I don’t know for sure. His solution is creative and does add some juice to the consequences of passing unconstitutional laws.

2 Likes

Had to share this with everyone…we need him to go on a speaking tour to all of our State legislations!!

Well said sir, well said indeed!

5 Likes

That is brilliantly done. Bravo!
I want a transcript and the authors name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

That man needs to run for office!

2 Likes

I’ll donate an AR-15 to that man along with free classes!!! Bright, Succinct, Clear and On Point! Bravo Zulu young Sir!! Yes @MikeBKY that man needs to run for office, preferably in Richmond for state level.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

did anyone catch his name?
I want his speech on a Tshirt and anything that good should be correctly credited.

According to Mrgunsngear (on his B Channel) the gentleman’s name is Tony Myers and is a resident of Suffolk. Also looks like it didn’t work (Suffolk declined to become a 2A sanctuary).

1 Like

Well that sucks because he was truly awesome. Well, besides, it just sucks. :confused:

1 Like

Two bits of news…

48 Counties are now 2A Sanctuaries (track progress here)

Secondly, Gov Northam (restrains from inserting nicknames) is now proposing a “grandfather” clause in SB16.

In this case, the governor’s assault weapons ban will include a grandfather clause for individuals who already own assault weapons, with the requirement they register their weapons before the end of a designated grace period

I think the Dems are thinking “this will make us look like we’re being reasonable and compromising”. I will be calling my delegates (again) later today.

5 Likes

I’ve seen this as well. Being grandfathered in, only if you register your firearm, can’t end well especially if they pass a red flag law. The registration list could easily become a list of people targeted for prosecution and confiscation. I will be attending the Warren County Supervisors meeting tonight. I believe that they will pass a sanctuary resolution. The sheriff elect, Mark Butler, has already come out in favor of this.

2 Likes