What would make you jump in the shark tank?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/a-personal-decision/

In the above blog article, Jim didn’t shoot when the attacker bated him - or when the attacker stole his car. And some people didn’t agree with his actions.

I applaud this man for holding his fear/temper and choosing self-defense over stuff defense. It could not have been easy.

In our Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals class, we talk about the Shark Tank Analogy - What are you willing to jump into a shark tank for? We also have talked about it a bit here: What would make you draw?

• Your brand new car
  • Your dog
  • Your child
  • Your mother-in-law
  • An engagement ring
  • Your smartphone

0 voters

1 Like

So was “spouse” just an obvious answer (and if so obvious yes or obvious no?) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wife and kids…I didn’t vote dog but depending on circumstances the dog also.

Also I’d probably do it in defense of any human but it would be more thought out and probably a more conservative approach.

They can have cash cars etc just let me and mine be.

Caveat being in a shtf environment where maybe those material items will mean life/death if without down the line.

1 Like

Wife isn’t listed and she’s the number one most important person in the world to me so resounding Yes, Next kids. A car is just an object and in IL it’s iffy to defend it or not; a pet while worth fighting for, it’s not worth drawing any gun for a couple years of going to court. I can fight even at my age I will I grew up Chicago South Side I know how to street fight.

4 Likes

Tough one. My dog won over my mother in law!

7 Likes

Hope my wife doesn’t see this…

4 Likes

My granddaughter in a heartbeat, my wife and sister in law as well.

1 Like

He shot my dog!
5 Likes

I’d say Jim is a good man who uses excellent judgement. Just because you can shoot lawfully does not mean you should and you will have to live with that decision.

Justifiable and Necessary are not synonymous so be sure that if you make that decision it’s necessary as well as legally and morally justifiable.

5 Likes

It’s mutual for me. My dogs have jumped in to save me numerous times and I’d be hard pressed not to do the same for them even if it was legally questionable.

5 Likes

Falling down laughing :laughing::laughing: I would give my mine over to the dogs, wanna trade Mike?
Lol

1 Like

I’m keeping my dog

4 Likes

A lawyer with a good sense of humor
:wink:

1 Like

You know the first sign of a good lawyer? They generally hate lawyers. :rofl:

4 Likes

I do Charles, yes sir!
Or What’s 10,000 lawyers on the bottom of Lake Michigan?
Answer: A good start :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Why don’t sharks attack lawyers?

Professional courtesy!

8 Likes

Good one Sir! :+1:

1 Like

A “Golden Oldie”. :grinning:

I had a client that for thirty years made his living chewing up crooked lawyers. Great guy and a heck of a lot of fun to hunt with.

3 Likes

Remember, your posts on social media will be looked at if you’re ever in a self-defense incident and need an attorney … careful what you say about attorneys online :wink:

3 Likes

I do love my dogs but if they don’t have a weapon in hand and trespassing on my property along with attacking my dog in some way. I won’t use deadly force, but I will give them a good beatdown. Then call the police to come get them off my property.

1 Like

That’s exactly right. I have no problem with what I say on social media, especially with self-defense. I will do whatever it takes to defend myself, that includes going hand to hand with an intruder. I don’t want to take a life until I’m forced to by the aggressor. If I can handle it peacefully, I’d like that route better.

2 Likes