What is your favorite carry pistol?

I carried A S&W Shield for about 3 years now I carry a Sig p225 A1

3 Likes

Any particular reason for the switch?

2 Likes

I carry a Springfield Armory XDs 9mm. Itā€™s a single stack with palm safety and trigger safety. I just love their safety features. Iā€™m never worried about keeping a round in the chamber while drawing or holstering my firearm.

2 Likes

I purchased the P225 because I like Sig the gun is a compact unlike the Shield subcompact the felt recoil is lighter ( the sig is 30 oz vs S&W at 18 oz ) they both have the same round capacity, the Sig has a double action first pull that I like and a decocker I just feel safer and like the size better.
The Shield will still be carried but my favorite is the P225 A1 better accuracy.

2 Likes

@Zee
Youā€™ll be happy to hear that Iā€™m carrying Glock again.
Despite my joking, I really have grown to appreciate Glockenspiels and their quality/reliability.
This is mostly due to the Glockers on the forum here.
Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Sig P365 SAS or my HKVP9SK, just depends on the weather.

2 Likes

Heckler & Koch P7M8, backup by a USPc .45 and an HK P2000SK, which can fire 9mm, .40 S&W, and 357Sig.

2 Likes

The mrs and I started with Glocks, found a master glocksmith north of Salt Lake, tuned them up for us. Tons of accessories for them. I enjoy watching some of Lennyā€™s videos from glockstore. I have many many rounds thru my 17 and 19. Flawless. We converted to Sigs, but that is personal preference. The mrs and I had a chance to fire a glock racegun from of our trainers, that was unbelievably remarkable. We live in a world with so many choices, at least we have choices, I wish we could try them all!

1 Like

After returning to the EDC world a few months ago I still havenā€™t decided what my long-term favorite is going to be. But for now I will say it is the S&W 442 in a pocket holster. The choice is driven by it having minimal lifestyle impact, and so I really do carry it everywhere I legally can. Including on the couch at home.

4 Likes

I have enjoyed the study and training that I have learned. Here is some of my favorites
that I work with and carry.

GLOCK : 17 Gen 4 9mm
20 Gen 4 10mm
23 Gen 4 .40 caliber
27 Gen 4 .40 caliber
30 Gen 4 .45 caliber
32 Gen 4 .357 SIG

Springfield: Springfield XDM 5.25" barrel, 10mm

Ruger: Super Black Hawk 6.5" barrel, .357 magnum / .38 Special
Super Black Hawk 7.5" barrel, .44 magnum / .44 Special

The one I like the best Glock 30 Gen 4, .45 caliber

2 Likes

Well my favorite used to be my Sig P365 SAS with lima laser but I just purchased the HK VP9SK and now Iā€™m torn between the twoā€‹:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Depending on lifestyle, that can be a great choice. I wear cargo shorts most of the year, and am retired. Pocket carry is the best compromise for me. What ammo do you use, and do you carry a speed loader or speed strip?

1 Like

I carry a QuickLoad StripLoader with QuickCase because of the combination of fitting in the pocket better than a speed loader, protected from lint or other contaminants, and more protected than a speedstrip. Not as fast as a speed loader, but at least I have extra rounds without a reliability concern. Without the QuickCase reloads are faster than a speedstrip, but getting the case off imposes an extra delay.

Iā€™ve been going back and forth on what ammo to carry between Hornady Critical Defense and Winchester W (Train and) Defend, and right now have settled on the W Defend. Besides being a good non-+P round, I have enough to practice with and carry. With the Critical Defense I donā€™t have any practice ammo. But Iā€™ll revisit ammo choice once ammo supplies return to normal.

2 Likes

I carry a full size CZ SP01 tactical steel frame 18+1 with two spare mags. Its big, heavy, hard to conceal, and at times uncomfortable. But I have never owned a gun I trust as much or shoot as well. So I will take a little discomfort and make sure I am carrying what I feel is the one I feel is the best if I ever need it to protect my family, friends or myself. Which is why I carry.

4 Likes

12 Apr 2020
My favorite carry handgun is the S&W Performance CenterĀ® Model 19 Carry CompĀ® which is a .357 Magnum / .38 Special revolver.

4 Likes

Depending on my outfit and season. S&w shield 45 or if I need really small keltec 380.

2 Likes

Lovin my S&W 38 642

2 Likes

Glock 30, to have a .45 hand cannon with 11 rounds makes me not care what Iā€™d be up against. For a shorter barrel and being a .45, itā€™s almost unbelievable how far a target can be and still feel comfortable and confident with the accuracy and damage that can be done from this Uber reliable gem. I have to say Iā€™ve never been a huge Glock fan, but got hooked on the range, especially the groupings I put up for a foreign ( to me ) firearm , I bought 3 that day ha! I have two .40s 2 9mm and a .45 ( considering another ) after being a long time sig sauer fan ( and still am ) Iā€™m elated to have this new hand cannon ( in my mind the best you can carry - if you can handle it, on the market )

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got the 23 27 n 30 as well. The 30 is my favorite thing ever.

2 Likes

Springfield xd mod 2 compact & Taurus 856 - Ruger GP 100 seven shot 357
also Ruger SP101 357 mag

1 Like