What is your favorite carry pistol?

I have a different rotation between the following guns -

1. Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm Sub-Compact
  2. Ruger GP 100 seven shot 357 revolver
  3. Ruger SP101 357
  4. Taurus 856
  5. SCCY cpx-1 car / truck gun as an extra CCW I got as a gift.
4 Likes

@Zee - I sometimes also carry my G17. Years ago, I even once concealed a Ruger Redhawk revolver! I’m a big guy, but I still appreciate the lightweight and compactness of a small pistol like the P365 for all-day carry. I know you would carry a Desert Eagle :wink:

2 Likes

Ha! :laughing: well, OC maybe :rofl:

2 Likes

My favorite carry is an M&P shield 9 been carrying this for about 3 1/2 year’s I’m wanting to carry my sig p320c 40 cal, with winter here I’m going to give it a try it’s a bit large.

4 Likes

My hubby carries a larger glock .40. Let us know how that works @james240!

1 Like

New to the group, lots of great stuff here i see. My edc is p320 chambered in 45 acp.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group @paul118!

2 Likes

40mm… that must be a beast! :laughing:

1 Like

@Scotty :laughing: typo fixed. Thanks for the heads up :joy:

1 Like

I carry my Glock 22

2 Likes

Whatever you carry, if you use different guns for different locations/times, do yourself a BIG favor and use weapons with the same operations system, (various sized Glocks, all DA/SA, etc. switching “systems” (Glock to DA/SA to 1911 to Revolver) is, imho, asking for problems. In the unlikely and awful event you need to actually “use” it you’re more likely to fumble your effort than if you are always consistently armed. I can and do shoot a wide variety of types, however for carry and home defense I always stay with the same type. In an emergency with adrenaline flowing you want to eliminate as many variables as possible…ymmv

2 Likes

You too…I was canoeing and the river swept them all away.

2 Likes

OK, I will be the first to say that I recently switched my EDC to Bersa Thunder 380 Plus. I like having 15 rounds and it is easy to conceal. Yes, I do have 9mm’s and revolvers, but I really like how the Bersa feels and fires.

2 Likes

My favorite carry is my 1911 45 acp Auto Ordinance

5 Likes

I just picked up one for a student to try - got the Bersa THunder 380 Combat Plus - it’s fun to shoot! I think it would make a very nice carry for someone looking for 380.
My student has shoulder issues and a 9mm wears her down pretty fast, but she’s liking the 380s.

2 Likes

The Bersa is fun to shoot! I especially like the 15 rounds. When firing, I would get one or two FTF’s (failure to feed) in one magazine. So it was happening frequently. I tried handling the gun differently but kept getting FTF’s. I went online and researched to find that this is a known thing with the Bersa’s. But I also learned the technical aspects of the problem. I truly love the way the gun feels and fires. Long story short, I took the gun to a gunsmith and he sanded and polished the feed ramp, the receiving ramp and the two sides. The gun shoots flawlessly after 600+ rounds. I did not want to give up on this gun!

2 Likes

Glock 43x, Sig p365, and S&W 2.0 9mm

2 Likes

S&W m&p 9mm is my go to carry.

4 Likes

That’s getting a lot of good press
Welcome to the group!

3 Likes

S&W PC Shield

3 Likes