What is your favorite carry pistol?

Repaint the dot with a paint pen…not a sharpie. Just be ready to wipe excess. You might tape it and cut out the tiny hole so the paint doesn’t spread. Be sure the tape is making good contact or the paint will wick into the spaces.

2 Likes

I carry a Ruger LW CMD 45acp.Because 357 mag does not bode well with auther.

2 Likes

I havent yet I’ve been planning on getting one I just have been putting it off

2 Likes

I’m still enjoying my XDs 9mm. It’s just so easy to carry and fits for condition 1 well. DA/SA that some hate, but it’s great since it’s hammerless and has a grip safety.
Word of caution, the grip safety doesn’t have to be depressed as far into the grip as a 1911. The trigger can pull with it only halfway depressed. I feel this makes it somewhat less safe carrying than the great 1911.
No manual safety, and the little flicker thingy whatchamacallit on the trigger…I never consider it a safety feature on any gun. Just my opinion.
This one is affordable, shootable, and reliable, and if you are well practiced with carrying it, it’s ready at hand if needed.
Just remember to keep your nose digger out of the bang switch hole!

3 Likes

Wow! I think that turned into a review.

2 Likes

:laughing: lol… I love that :star_struck:
I think most folks call it a trigger safety but I rather like your terminology :+1::+1:

1 Like

I don’t consider it a strong safety, so I renamed it accordingly lol.

2 Likes

I love to carry my S&W 9mm it is perfect fits mice in my holster and easy to shoot.

3 Likes

Historically… My Springfield XDs 9mm
More recently… My Walther CCP M2
Moving forward… I am interested in the Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm (in FDE) :thinking:
:v:t5:

3 Likes

Glock 17 in cool months and the 43 in warm weather.

5 Likes

90 responses, not one mentions .380 or lesser caliber. Wow.

3 Likes

That would be me, too, if we ever had cool months around here. I’m not complaining. I have yet to shovel weather off my driveway.

2 Likes

My favorite carry pistols are the SIG P365 for deep concealment, and the Glock G19 when I can carry a larger gun. I have even concealed a G17, but will usually go with a G19.

4 Likes

I live in Tennessee, We can have every type of weather in one day. 70 one day 30 the next, go figure.

3 Likes

Currently I moved from a Glock 43 to a Glock 30. Love the Glock 30. Both fit perfectly in my Alien Gear shoulder holster. Just a quick swap out of the shells and I am on my way.

4 Likes

Yep, me too, one of the ones I EDC

wait… is that a bigger gun? :grin: Kinda seems normal to me :wink:

3 Likes

I carry a Glock 17 Gen 5 and love it I started off with Glock 19 Gen 4.

Now I want something more powerful any recommendations?

3 Likes

Welcome to the group @Reinaldo :slight_smile:
Are you looking for a bigger caliber? I carry a .45ACP (Glock 30) and my hubby carries .40s (pretty much every Glock .40 cal model).

Do you have any particular criteria in mind? or just more power?

2 Likes

Good Evening Zee,

Are those more powerful?

2 Likes

@Renaldo, Mostly it matters what you want to achieve. The bullet weights generally step up as you go from 9mm to .45, but that’s not the only thing to consider.

Different bullet types have different effects, for instance a hollow point is going to leave most of its energy in what you hit, doing more tissue damage, than a jacketed round which is more likely to pass right through (over penetration) and delivers much less of its energy to what you hit.

Lucky Gunner has done pretty extensive testing on types of bullets and calibers, here’s a video that shows how they tested:

Here’s the link to the data itself:

there’s also some pretty good discussion here:

2 Likes