Best 9mm to carry

Greetings to all,
I am a newbie in this weapons matter. Several months ago I bought my first gun a IWI MASADA and I’m really pleased with it.

But I feel it’s too thick to carry. Maybe it’s just my impression, remember it’s the first gun I own and carry.
Can any of you recommend a 9mm that is not as bulky as the IWI Masada and is excellent for carrying?

Thanks in advance.Greetings to all,

I am a newbie in this weapons matter. Several months ago I bought my first gun a IWI MASADA and I’m really pleased with it.

But I feel it’s too thick to carry. Maybe it’s just my impression, remember it’s the first gun I own and carry.
Can any of you recommend a 9mm that is not as bulky as the IWI Masada and is excellent for carrying?

Thanks in advance.

7 Likes

Smith & Wesson M & P 9 C

7 Likes

One really popular 9 mm is the Sig Sauer P365- XL, I will have to suggest that you go to a range and try out different guns and see what you like, what is comfortable, and you can shoot like Wild Bill. It is like your underwear, use the size and type you are comfortable with.

11 Likes

This thread is gonna be interesting. :joy:
@FERNANDO10… you will be introduced to dozen of “the best 9mm” carry handguns, so good luck with the choice :crazy_face: that means - whoever carries handgun he already has the best.

So my vote is - CZ P-01 . :wink:

To be honest, you have to do some research, starting with firearm dimension. You will select about 5 models and next step should be rent, test and decide.

If you want thin handgun - you need to look for anything below 1 inch of width. I’d even say something around 0.75 inch.

@Todd30 got a good idea - P365 series is the starting point… M&P Shield, Ruger LCPII or Hellcat might be the option. Definitely single stack is what gives you thin shape.

6 Likes

I agree with Todd. Lots of great choices! Go to a large gun store, and put many in your hand…if the gun stores have supply. How it fits your hand, sight acquisition, etc.

I have shot many, and do like the 365. Again, many choices!!! What a great country we live in to have so many choices!!!

6 Likes

Jerzy, I think we have all discussed this on several threads? Good opinions…i am not a fan of CZ…why? I am uneducated of CZ. Next trip to a gun store, I will check them out! We love gun stores!! Might come home with something new…

3 Likes

Yes, I think there are another threads about good CC handgun. Hopefully @FERNANDO10 will be able to find them.

Regarding CZ… It’s always personal preferences. I’ve got the same with Glocks… somehow I’m not educated about them, but because I don’t like the way they shoot.
Thankfully gun stores get more CZ now, so I encourage you to check them out. They are not perfect for CC (because of the size) but they are great shooters !

4 Likes

I have carried a Glock 43 and currently carry a Glock 43X. I shoot them well, they are easily concealed, and they have worked very well for me. Those are my three criteria when it comes to choosing a carry firearm.

7 Likes

I forgot to mention this website:

You can choose handguns and compare them side-by-side.

5 Likes

Thank you for the website information. That will help me to choose the ones that I will try in the range.

4 Likes

Agree with what @FunCycle recommended or any M&P subcompact or compact 2.0 versions or a Glock. Just saying.

3 Likes

I carry a Glock 43 based on my build and ability to conceal without printing. I am familiar with Glock so that’s how I made my decision. The S&W M&P and Sig P365 are equally capable firearms.

Since it sounds like you do not have much experience with any of these firearms, it would be great if you can go to a range that rents some or all of the choices mentioned so you can actually shoot them. A firearm may feel good in your hands at the store, but there may be things that may not work for you when actually shooting, racking, reloading, etc. them.

6 Likes

I’ll throw my hat in the ring. Look at the Sig 938. Small, easily concealed. Great factory sights. Good trigger.

Your best bet is to find a range that has rentals. Try several different guns, unless, you just like to buy more guns.

5 Likes

When it comes to 9mm, I carry a Glock 19X, or Sig P365XL.

3 Likes

SIG SAUER COMPACT line, 12-15 rounds, P320 or the line of
SIG SAUER 365, 9 MM. CORRECTED, THANKS.

Taurus G2 or G3c

SPRINGFIELD Hellcat

Glock 19 Gen 5

Everyone of these are 9 mm,
just a start.

3 Likes

But only every 4 years… :joy:
I’m sorry… I couldn’t resist.

8 Likes

1911…
S&W m&p m2.0 or shield, some Sig’s can be used as boomerangs :joy: ( kidding from what I hear they are good), and I’ve heard good things about caniks, dependable as well.
20200827_141646

8 Likes

The best 9.mm to carry is the proven, reliable model that fits your needs, and your hands, in other words, you shoot it well, even under stress. For me that was the Glock 43. Surprisingly it fit my large hand well in spite of it’s size, which was great for that EDC comfort that ensures you will have it on you, and not in your safe at home, when that moment you never expected catches you completely by surprise.

6 Likes

I also had the Smith & Wesson Shield 9 mm. To me with my small hands it was not comfortable to shoot so I gave it to my grand daughter and I bought the M & P 9 c which has the adjustable grip and is a lot more comfortable to shoot.

4 Likes

Your choices may also depend on which state you live in. In CA for example, you can’t buy many (in fact, most) of the fine weapons mentioned above. :-1:

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that read:
PROUD AMERICAN and
EMBARRASSED CALIFORNIAN

5 Likes