What hobbies do you have outside of firearms/self-defense?

Got back from the sunrise archery shoot a few days ago! ! If theres ever an albino deer, I’ve got it at 55 yds! My mom, my aunt, and my brother in the other photos. Good time with family

2 Likes

Or course i showed my best shot! We had seen several signs of fresh bear scraping on several aspens throughout the courses we had shot. My brother and i left on a sunday morning (ue to work on Monday morn). My parting words were, " remeber the signs that we’ve seen and be prepared for the unthinkable". That sunday night, my mom and aunt were awakened at about 4 am with dogs barking inside the camper and load noises outside…a bear had sniffed out the dogfood left outside, and decided the beer and Gatorade was worth opening the coolers. He wasn’t concerned with what noise he was making and thankfully my mom and aunt were prepared with their firearms and a flashlight to spook the bear away! Lesson: always prepare for and commit to execute the lessons you practice for, it actually may not be too far away from the reality you live!

1 Like

A couple of others are photography and stargazing. Fortunately I’ve learned to combine the two as well.

8 Likes

@Gary-A 55yds!!! Daaang.
@JOSE that’s some beautiful work.

1 Like

I read and with over 26,000 resources I have a lot I can read. Mostly biblical studies, but I read all sorts of things. Here is a look at my digital library. I enjoy fishing too!

3 Likes

I’m a hiker/backpacker. One of my goals is to thru hike the Appalachian Trail. This is me sitting on the edge of McAfee Knob in Viginia

I also like to dabble in wood working. Here is a picture of a rocking horse I made my mom several Christmas’ ago.

I also used to show Arabian horses a long time ago. Sadly I don’t have the time or money to do it any more.

5 Likes

I ride horses, programming for a non profit organization and coach little league baseball, ( although that is becoming quite a challenge lately).

Love the Missouri community I am in and semi retired life.

3 Likes

@Raymond where about in Missouri? I am originally from the KC area. A town about 45 minutes south call Belton.

2 Likes

I’m so impressed with everyone here! Amazing talent in this group!

@Lacy, I’ve hiked part of the Camino de Santiago in Spain and am debating part of the Appalachian at some point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Dawn that would be so awesome to hike the Camino de Ssntiago. I would also like to hike in Ireland as well. Of the roughly 200 miles of the AT that I’ve done so far I highly recommend the Great Smokey Mountain National Park section.

1 Like

My man just reminded me of another hobby. Shaving my legs after he said didn’t you just do that. Probably not really one but might as well be with how often and how much time I spend doing it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Lacy the other side of the state!! South of Saint Louis about 70 miles.

2 Likes

Blacksmithing, Motorcycles, Archery, Handwriting and collecting fountain pens and ink, Gaming, Supporting and spending time with hubby and our son, and our pets. I need to spend some good refresher time on horseback, as I want to get back into horses and maybe rescue when we move to Tahoe, in addition to what farrier work I can do, want to get into leather working as well. I used to do SCCA, but lost my car for that in bankruptcy with my ex a decade ago.

2 Likes

I’m just about an hour east of you as the crow flys.

1 Like

@Lacy and @Raymond - Lower west corner of Missouri, about 45 minutes east of Springfield.

1 Like

My dad is hiking Ireland next year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Zee Had to go down to Anderson Missouri for a Purple Heart event with the relatives of Chris Marion a few years ago i am sure that is around your area

1 Like

@Raymond not too far at all, just the other side of Springfield from us!

Have you made it out that way yet? Beautiful area to ride. I’m out near there every day…I drive truck.

1 Like

As seen in the prior post, I drive truck so my time is limited for hobbies.

I raced off road (VW powered buggy) for most of the '80s and '90s and used to ski but that may be gone forever as I don’t think my knees could take it anymore.

Currently, my main hobby is motorcycling. I have many other interests but not enough time or money.

The old girl…

3 Likes