What hobbies do you have outside of firearms/self-defense?

@Jerzees I’ve never seen it.

1 Like

:scream::nerd_face::scream::nerd_face::scream::nerd_face:

what

It’s like having 10 guns and never watched John Wick :wink::grin:

6 Likes

I enjoy cooking. I’ll start with a recipe and then change it based on choice or necessity, like i don’t have an ingredient in the recipe. I worked in a restaurant through high school and the owner/chef always told me recipes were suggestions; play with your food. Usually my changes work out. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are just ok. There have only been a few real flops.
It frustrates my wife. She goes line by line by the book!

3 Likes

It’s not real unless there’s video!

2 Likes

@MikeBKY

I also treat recipes as suggestions. Always double the garlic and add a clove! I started a cooking blog once but never finished it. I could start a whats cooking thread here. That would be fun.

@Jerzees

I have only recently seen John Wick!

1 Like

Unless your baking! Then recipes are much more important - at least for the basics of the recipe. you can embellish a bit with the extras.

2 Likes

That’s why I avoid baking! Precision shooting is easier than baking from scratch. I used to make custard filled chocolate eclairs but got to the point I would mess up the first 2 or 3 batches before I got it right. No thank you!
I like the result when someone else bakes!

3 Likes

I think we can invite @Nancy here :wink::joy:

1 Like

Hopefully you will find time to watch “Fast & Furious” series. :+1:
It’s fun to see all the cars in the movie.

1 Like

I make a killer home made apple pie with the best flaky crust. My scones and biscotti are amazing as well. :wink: I love to bake!

2 Likes

Hmmm… Definitely it’s going good direction… I smell good party soon :wink::joy:
… apropos direction…
Next Party somewhere here? :wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::cup_with_straw::maté:

2 Likes

Sounds like we may need to have a cook off in KC @Dawn! @Jerzees I make a hell of a margarita.

4 Likes

@Jerzees thanks for inviting me here. I didn’t know this thread existed. What do I do besides firearms/self-defense? I volunteer at the Veterans Memorial Center, play video games (mostly Call of Duty and Battlefield), and very light jogging/walking. Watching tv can be interesting, too. Nothing as interesting as cooking! I microwave nearly everything I eat! Cooking is anathema to me and if I have to do it, I follow @MikeBKY’s wife’s example, following the recipe line by line (if I can even understand it!!!). My mother broke her arm last year and when I stayed with her (we sisters took turns), I had to cook for her. It was terrible! I learned more about takeout and eating out during that time than anything else I learned! lol You guys don’t want to sample my cooking, trust me! I’ll come to your houses to eat, though! Yum! @Dawn, I’m dying to try your scones and biscotti! I’d like to try @Sneezy’s creations, too. Just about anybody’s cooking but mine!!!

3 Likes

I used to listen to the “Blues and Roots” podcast all the time - learned a lot of things about blues I didn’t know and found some fine music :smiley:
share your podcast link?

2 Likes

So there is literally NO video of me online - but I’ll see if I can fetch some stuff off my computer and upload it. Here’s a link to my old blog (with pictures) though - just keep in mind some of these are a bit of a time machine :wink:

You’ll find pictures of my troupes and other pictures of me on these pages:

and one more pic:

4 Likes

DAMN! You are legit Girl! Multitalented!!!

2 Likes

Well… I look a little less legit now than in some of those photos :wink:
But I did win an international belly dancing competition in 2000. :blush:
And I had the biggest bellydancing website on the entire internet, worldwide, for the first 15 or so years there WAS an internet … all of it hand-rolled HTML code :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
… and now you know where my name comes from… Zee is a nickname for Aziza.

3 Likes

:joy:

I love this cooking:
https://laurainthekitchen.com/

1 Like

@Dawn you can bake with Bourbon . Edit - just for the record, I have served these to the Bishop of our Synod! And also to a local chocolate maker…

@MikeBKY

Do you make the Margaritas with lemon and lime juice ? That’s the only way to go in my book. none of this mixer stuff.

1 Like

Mine is a takeoff of the Outback top shelf. No, it is not a pure margarita. The recipe is

1.5 oz Patron Reposado (or Silver)
1/2 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz Grand Mariner
1/2 oz Rose’s Lime Juice
1 oz cranberry juice
3 oz Sweet & Sour mix

All in a shaker with ice and strained into a salt rimmed Margarita glass over crushed ice with a lime wedge.

1 Like