What have you added to your workout aimed at shooting?

Congratulations on your weight-loss!

2 Likes

I used 10 pound dumb bells and hold them at my side as if they are in my holster position. Then I go through the action as if I am drawing from a hip holster and presenting straight into a one handed firing position. Then I pull back, rotate and go back into the holster. I do sets of 10. It is similar to going through a 5 step draw - firing grip, pull straight up, rotate down range, push out and elevate to full extension, verify sight alignment/sight picture. What I found is that I can pick up my sights better and can hold my firearm out longer without shaking.

3 Likes

The best exercise that will strengthen your grip that I came across is jump rope start small and work your way up to a pound size rope this will definitely strengthen your grip . Stay safe you all

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Eddie37 and God bless you.

1 Like

Welcome @Eddie37 and thanks for the response it sounds like something I will have to try out.

1 Like

I’ve posted this before, but I use the Prohands GripMaster while reading this forum. I choose the GripMaster because that’s what Sports Authority (now out of business) had on the shelf. I have the black (9 lb.) version. They have a full product line including their Tactical model for handgun training with a laser.

Shop Page – Gripmaster (prohands.net)

2 Likes

My workout? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks; I needed a laugh this morning.

3 Likes