What does the USCCA Online Community mean to you?

I agree. It wasn’t a complaint, just a comment.

8 Likes

Compared to other forums, at least for me, as a paying customer of USCCA, the community is value for money.

I agree. It encourages each one of us to be vigilant.
What’s happening in Kalifornia may not be a remote possibility for free states. As Pres. Reagan said,
Perhaps you and I have lived too long with this miracle to properly be appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and it’s never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by way of inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. And those in world history who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.

9 Likes

What was the question again? Oh yea now I remember. Well I didn’t know how to read until I joined, seeing everyone writing a book on here. Lol just joking, don’t hurt me.

It’s the same as all others. The sharing is caring. I have learned a lot in the short time I have been a part of the family and I really do appreciate it, hopefully I have also been a help to someone. But most of all I appreciate the respect shown.
5 Likes

I joined USCCA for the insurance mostly but found the education part soon after. I have the first two parts done and I upgraded my membership this week so I can get the third part of the instruction and have started it now. As for the community I enjoy reading what others are doing or not doing and I have learned a lot from some of you on here. I have asked questions and gotten answers to them maybe not what I was expecting or wanting to hear but it has all been polite and respectful and I have learned what I wanted to learn from you. I am 77 years old and I still have a lot to learn, and feel that the community is willing to help me with that. I also like to comment once in a while and get feed back on that .

6 Likes

Could not have put it better!, Same thoughts here

4 Likes

Opinions, ideas and facts! :100:%!

4 Likes

When considering this question I realized that this community makes up 99% of my social media involvement. I check in on the Community several times a day, every day. Very occasionally I take a peek at the forums sponsored by Ruger or Taurus but never seem to spend much time on either one. I appreciate the willingness of most members to behave civilly, even when discussing highly charged subjects. One can be emphatic without being rude, and most are.

The most important feature of the Community, whether by design or by happenstance, is the relatively low level of “kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out”/ hyper-aggressive/ in-your-face sort of posts. I saw way too much of that on some of the forums I checked out and don’t care for it at all. Holding firm to your convictions is admirable; screaming them out every time you open your mouth is annoying, and not very productive. Also the reasonable but firm attitude of the moderators.

OK, the TWO most important features are the low level of “yahoos” and the reasonable moderators. And the great information presented.

The THREE most important features are: Lack of “yahoos”, reasonable moderators, great information, and the memes.

OK, OK, the FOUR most important…no, wait…AMOUNGST the many great features of the Community are the low “yahoo” count, reasonable moderators, great information, the memes, and the general “agree to disagree” civility. And the links to all the USCCA info, like Reciprocity Maps, State Law overviews, and such.

(sigh) I think I’ll stop now.

10 Likes

You forgot the comfy chair. :wink:

6 Likes

I tend to avoid the community due to the summary emails containing a lot political posts. I could go on Facebook or watch the news to get political opinions that have nothing to do with the core reason for joining USCCA.

I would rather read about gun laws, reasons people chose the caliber they carry or why people prefer a carry position instead of posts about current events in the country that have nothing to do with guns.

Everyone should have an opinion about our country and how it is run but for me this is not where I want to read those opinions.

5 Likes

Thanks for the post, @Taleft! You can tailor your notifications in the Preferences of your profile here in the Community:
Shared with Zight

Hope that helps! There are a bunch of the topis you’re looking for throughout the Community. You can easily avoid most of the political conversations with some selective clicking :smiley:

8 Likes

It is nice to know what other members has to say on different subjects. I get a lot of information and learn things I didn’t think about.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @Taleft and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Likewise @Robert_G

4 Likes

:point_up_2: :clap: :point_up_2:

8 Likes

It is virtually impossible to separate firearm laws from politics as it is the politicians that are proposing and passing the infringements on our rights. Ideally, the entire political spectrum should believe in and defend our Constitution and our inherent rights that are guaranteed and protected by our Constitution, but our past and current political environment proves otherwise. The vast majority of “gun control” laws are passed by Democratically-controlled legislatures.

The now 21 “Constitution Carry” states became so under Republican-controlled legislatures. In Virginia, “Constitutional Carry” has been proposed several times, but the Democratically-controlled legislative committees will not even let it out of committee for a floor vote. That very clearly shows the political nature of one side infringing on our rights. However, as it is not mandatory for you to read those posts, you can choose to ignore those topics, posters, or stop reading the thread, as you choose.

We may have different ideologies as to other topics, but we apparently all believe in our RKBA and in our Natural Right to self-defense, otherwise we would not be here. As such, I would hope all understand that “gun control” does not prevent crime, but it does make legal firearm ownership onerous, costly, and legally perilous. The worst part of that, and I, again, hope everyone understands and agrees, is that “gun control” also is inherently discriminatory as it makes it more difficult or impossible for the poor, minorities and women to own firearms. As it is today, the majority of firearms and firearm owners are wealthy, old, white men.

One positive outcome from all of the violence, calls for “defending police”, lock-downs, vast increases in unemployment, numerous small businesses being bankrupted, etc., is more people have come to understand that self-defense is their responsibility, not that of government. As a result, we have read that more minorities and women have become firearm owners. It is now incumbent upon us to teach them about their responsibilities as free citizens, their inalienable rights, firearm safety and how to shoot.

6 Likes

I Believe USCCA is the best for any gun owners for information and learning new things.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Roger99 and God bless you.

4 Likes

As for myself,I joined for the sole idea of having insurance to legally protect me from the so called JUSTICE SYSTEM,and the cost of representation,to defend me,of which I had to use in 2019 and you came through for me,thank you,for the protection!

8 Likes

I just joined USCCA and the online community is interesting read. I enjoy it and I am learning new things.

8 Likes

@Anthony268 Welcome, we are glad you enjoy the community and look forward to hearing more from you. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :us:

4 Likes