What does the USCCA Online Community mean to you?

Hi everybody! We’re looking for some feedback from YOU!

What does the USCCA Community mean to you?

Please share your thoughts below!

We want to know what you love about the Community so we can keep giving you more of what you love!

17 Likes

It is a place where I can get information on things that I don’t know. And also where I can give information on things that I do know. And the friendships made with others.

19 Likes

It’s a great place for sharing self defense info. It’s also a good place to come and have cordial discussions about other subjects.

16 Likes

I copy the words I wrote already few weeks ago.

This Community is the best thing happened to me for last few years.
My involvement into firearm business was a tough decision for me.
But USCCA’s Community made it easier within few weeks, once I found out what actually “carrying” means.
Most good advices came from here. Then checking, testing and applying them have made me a person who I am right now.
I started from “ZERO” to become NRA Certified Instructor, NRA RSO and fully responsible and trusted person within firearm society in short time. I can admit - 99% of my wins were thanks to USCCA Community.

16 Likes

It reminds me of the Military, you can trade information and ideas with people from all over our Great Country
and some from all over the world. At times it can be great fun and other times I just :roll_eyes:.
But at the end of the day it’s the comradery. :us:

17 Likes

Learning.

I’m a Johnny-Come-Lately in the community, became a gun owner less than 10 years ago, a CCW permit holder four years ago.

I look forward to posts by some members who are extremely helpful.

At times it can be great fun and other times I just :roll_eyes:“ - @BRUCE26 ,

14 Likes

The community is my family. I love the discussions and even if we agree to disagree all is well because I still return every day. I have learned a lot from some good people here. I also love to teach the people in the community and spread the knowledge I can throughout the forum. Most importantly I have developed some friendships here in the community. You can never learn enough in the community because there’s always something new to learn. I love the fact that there are people from all walks of life, nationalities, backgrounds and even different religions and beliefs all discussing different topics regarding self defense and firearms training. I have been on the forum every day since joining in Jan. 2019 and look forward to reading the posts every day and I do it with such enthusiasm. What I would like the people here to understand is that the community may not be perfect but I have seen so much progress here. A lot more new comers and the community continues to grow. I look forward to the advice that knowledgeable people can give on the forum. In conclusion I enjoy myself every day here and consider you guys my family. I pray for the community every day.

17 Likes

I’m so glad you asked this question, because it’s something that crosses my mind virtually every day. The USCCA Online Community is a place where I can come to listen to others, share my own thoughts and get feedback, and as a relatively new shooter, ask questions of people with significant hands-on experience in the things I want to learn.

The community is a source for 2A news and opinion. It’s my affinity group, the (virtual) downtown bar where like minded people come to talk, argue, joke, and hang out.

You guys are my escape from the constant drone of leftist drivel that drips from every crevice of the mainstream media, trying to erode our fundamental rights as Americans. You are my solace in a world gone mad.

And as the left tries to tear us apart by race, or class, or sex, you are my example that despite our differences, we have more in common that unites us than separates us.

12 Likes

I come here mostly to learn a thing or two. Sometimes about weapons & CCW, sometimes just about life in general, sometimes to see what a whack job I am & being corrected for it. ( Hmmm only sometimes lol)

13 Likes

I am a person who loves to learn things. I also really enjoy teaching too. I have carried a gun since 1984. I had to learn things the hard way at first. Since I got involved into the USCCA I have learned a lot. When I got involved into the community I was and have been able to share my view points and hopefully helping others out. When you come onto the community after a time you get to see others that continue to be on here regularly and they are very helpful too. You get to know some of these people as if they were just good ol’ friends. Some older than others! :laughing:
Learning information on the community helps me with teaching others. I would not know how to reply to a female if she asked me how to carry concealed in a dress. I have no experience with wearing a dress and trying to carry concealed in a dress but, I have learned from the Community. It would be fun to show up in Texas at the convention and wearing a name tag, TODD30 and walking along and seeing someone wearing JERSEY, RELOADER54, 45IPAC, BRUCE26, BEANCOUNTER, JOHNNYQ60, ALCES_AMERICANAS, GWASHINGTON, and DAVID-65 being a whack job because I know I would be in good company. Then there is @Dawn too, of all the people to meet it would be Dawn. It would be like seeing your favorite teacher from high school, yeah, I probably would be a little scorned for some things but, someone has to keep us all in-line. Community/Family/Friends!!!

14 Likes

With the growth of social media users the quality of information can become “foggy”. I see value in a membership community who all decided to put forth effort to be involved. Having a source of information “pre-vetted” tailored to fact from actual concealed carry owners.

10 Likes

A person I consider very wise told me long ago that if you don’t learn something new each day you’re dead!

The sharing of ideas on this community board is keeping me thinking and learning!

Life is good!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

10 Likes

I enjoy the comaraderie, but it is still a forum, so the ratio of opinion to facts is pretty high. My favorite part is the memes.

10 Likes

Take what you need and leave the rest!

10 Likes

Great idea.

6 Likes

Glad you’re here @BeanCounter, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know everything and learn alot from other users post and information. To add, it’s easy for seasoned firearm users to get a rhythm going, but don’t hesitate to slow down a topic to learn.

9 Likes

:+1: The more post I read reminds me to keep an open mind and bias at bay.

10 Likes

The scary part of this site is learning about freedom restrictions in most states…but the eye opening is needed.

12 Likes

Yes, I would agree to that and am happy for that on a number of topics (best gun, best caliber, best holster, where on your body to carry, favorite ways to train) because so much of carrying is a personal preference. Having a variety of opinions can help people shape their own opinion or give them a direction for researching and trying new things. :smiley:

If you’re looking for carrying law and facts, the USCCA Reciprocity Map and travel resources are your go-to! We do cite those resources a lot in the Community.

9 Likes

I could’ve gotten it on my license plate. It was available. I guess the 357 CAL I ordered will do. Sadly, the timing to make Dallas doesn’t work for me. Maybe next year, depending on location. But, I would gladly wear my tag on my name tag. Or a T-shirt even.

6 Likes