What do you have to legally do to buy a gun?

The crown accepts a utility bill as the 2nd form of ID as it has your name and address on it. Also a “Real ID” will be required showing non restricted federal compliance once the old school Driver’s Licenses expire.

LA city and county are jokes, new sheriff Villanueva is a politician SJW. The FFLs I go through make the process tolerable and I’ve been through it a few times so it’s almost 2nd nature I walk in with everything ready to go.

I laugh when people say how easy it is to just walk in and grab a gun and leave faster than a fast food restaurant.

I’ve seen the Houston we have a problem situations as well as the stop step away from the counter, and the at this moment I must inform you I believe this to be a straw purchase and I cannot proceed for other folks.

4 Likes

It changed during the Obama administration. I bought my first handgun the day after Obama was elected the first time and my second one the day after he was re-elected… There’s no correlation between the two, just dates I remember. :rofl:

The first time I had to wait, the second time I didn’t.

3 Likes

Straw purchases are something fun sellers take very seriously. It can have serious repercussions… :confused:

2 Likes

Oh yes it got real very quickly, fun sellers this occurred in are very laid back it helps I’m a frequent flyer so seeing them switch gears, pull the merchandise back into the case, ask them to the door, pull in the welcome mat and turn out the lights was an experience. One set of funny guys kept trying to stay saying no it’s alright.

2 Likes

Ok, don’t throw things… :grimacing:

Bought two handguns today… first was a private party sale… I looked at his ID, he looked at mine (to confirm we’re both MO residents) I handed him some cash, he handed me a gun. Ok, we spent another 10 minutes talking guns, otherwise it would have taken about 3 min.

The other was through an FFL… had to fill out the background check form, took less than 5 min to come back clear, gave him my CC, he gave me a gun. About 10 minutes including filling out the form.

Yes I DO live in paradise, now that you mention it.

2 Likes

I am SO JEALOUS! I also found out yesterday that one thing that delayed my NICS was the Police Department Secretary left off ONE NUMBER of my FID card! I’M PISSED! Dealer said he could fix it though. Just have to wait a little longer.

1 Like

Sorry about the delay, that sucks. At least they’re fixing it

1 Like

Silently to myself I was blaming the Sergeant but then I found out from my friend on the force who is also a Sergeant that it was the secretary. She is very nice and very helpful and this was most likely an honest mistake but it cost me a day or more. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I feel blessed in Kentucky, also called Guntucky, that I can walk in to any firearms dealer in the state, complete the required federal form, show them my CCDW license and walk out of the store with any non-FFA weapons in a matter of minutes. Without a CCDW, it needs to run through NICS.

2 Likes

Go to the Gun Shop, they do a computer check, if you pass. You can go Home with your firearm.

1 Like

I would love to hear someone from NY post their requirements. From what I understand from my wife’s cousin, he cannot even go to a shooting range or hold a handgun in a store without proper documentation.

According to one person i met at the Expo in Pittsburgh this is correct. He said he teaches firearms course in the state of New York, but needs to bring the participants to the state of PA for actually holding and shooting the firearms.

1 Like

Holy cow… really? You need permission from the government to even hold a handgun? How is that constitutionally possible?

Remember New York is one of the states trying to ban the USCCA insurance as it promotes murder.

1 Like

I’ve never timed how long the background takes in KY. I fill out the 4473, give them my CCDW, then end up shopping for new goodies so long it’s done way before I get back to the counter.

1 Like