Nashville shooter bought 7 guns from 5 stores

5 Likes

I don’t know much about this police chief, but he sure is doing a good job of keeping the conversation focused on the firearms and away from the motive. She told her friend that she left plenty of information behind to explain why she was about to do what she did. Meanwhile, Chief Drake won’t comment on that information because “it’s an ongoing investigation”. At the same time, in spite of the “ongoing investigation”, he’s releasing endless details on the firearms used, how many she owned, where she got them, the fact that she purchased them legally in spite of being treated for mental issues, video footage of her shooting up the school and searching for more victims, and on and on. It’s as if he’s working overtime to whip up the irrational anti-2A crowds.

10 Likes

Why is this considered such an important point? All of this “bead clutching”. The vast majority of times someone tries to prove that Background check requirements are to lax they find out that the background check works.

Try a Google search “Reporter trys to buy gun fails”.

Not a shot at you @leo23

7 Likes

ok glad you put the last comment in about not a shot at me

4 Likes

Not at all. I enjoy the posts, for the most part, that you start.

4 Likes

I’m just a disabled vet with to much time on my hands and nothing to do but post about things I read. :wink: :smile: :+1:

10 Likes

I don’t understand how the firearms were ‘‘legally’’ purchased
it was a failure in the system to post on [ her ,him ,it] a notice to ban the purchase of firearms by [her, him ,it].

^^^^^redneck yooper being politically correct ^^^^^

3 Likes

I wouldn’t sweat the pronouns, too much. Even the woke press is having a hard time with this story. Let them figure it out first, since they’re the people who yell and scream about it.

5 Likes

waiting to see what happens Saturday in DC. at the protest
with all of the ------- at Mi Tech it could get interesting at church Sunday
we are at condition Yellow now [security team]

5 Likes

Did AR-15 owners catch a break?
The murderer used what looks like a 9mm carbine.

6 Likes

I don’t think so. Brandon already let us know that 9mm is military grade and can blow the lungs completely out of the body. But when they try to ban 9mm, I’m just going to switch to .355.

10 Likes

Another nut case kills, and the left blames guns.

6 Likes

Blaming guns is about the nicest thing some folks are saying, this week.

6 Likes

I don’t think her mental status, as described, would be a disqualifier on the 4473. It asks if the purchaser has been ‘adjudicated as a mental defective’ or has ever been ‘committed to a mental institution’. Voluntarily seeing a mental health professional for help with emotional problems doesn’t seem to fit either of those conditions.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven’t heard about any other aspects of the shooter’s background which would be disqualifiers under the current form, i.e., felony convictions, illegal drug use, orders of protection, etc. Willing to be corrected by additional information.

7 Likes

I think more attention should be given to the officers involved and ways this could have been prevented if there were already officers or responsibly armed in place.

6 Likes

There were some reports that the parents convinced the shooter to sell a firearm because they felt it was dangerous to have one in their current mental state. But unless the parents, the mental health care provider or someone else reported a clear threat to authorities, or the murderer made direct threats in a public forum, then there is no reason (pre event) for this person to have made it on the no buy list.

4 Likes

The problem is the anti self defense crowd seems to be very apposed to having defenders in place to stop these events as soon as they start. This leaves us with the extremely difficult and mostly ineffective options that might detect and stop them before they happen.

6 Likes

I am working on that. Responding to shootings in the New York Times.

4 Likes

WHAT!!! a failure of laws and law enforcement
 AGAIN!!!

4 Likes

And also an AR type firearm

Also, it doesn’t matter what is used. People routinely point to mass shootings where only handguns were used in an attempt to justify their push to ban rifles.

8 Likes