What do we do?

Molonlabe777 how sad. God blessed me and Debbie to just have STJUDE children because my spirit could never take the pain of what our country has become in the last couple of years nigh and day We can not protect our selfs let alone the children we pray for true leader ship asap some one that cares about our children

2 Likes

Check out what the Missouri State Legislature is trying to do. They are aiming to pass the ability of trained and certified school personnel (teachers, admin, etc.) to be the defenders in case of an emergency. I’m part of a non-profit, non-political organization that follows Missouri legislation. There’s a lot going on to encourage teachers in the classroom to be prepared for a possible violent encounter. Some teachers in our organization admit to carrying concealed just in case. Like you, they are terrified of what may happen to themselves and their students. Missouri also seems to want to allow CCL holders more freedom on where they are allowed to carry, such as public transportation and churches. It’s not easy to get a CCL in Missouri and the legislators know it. The CCL holders that I know of are responsible gun owners. I can’t say that this is a good answer, but at least we have to do something.

8 Likes

We have a grandson that is almost 1 now and my son and daughter in law are already preplanning their home schooling :us:

7 Likes

safety is a well crafted illusion. When that illusion comes crashing down, either you’re prepared, or you aren’t. Peace only exists when all parties are willing to participate. Better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war. People also need to be reminded that you aren’t peaceful unless you are dangerous. if you are peaceful without being dangerous you’re harmless, not peaceful.

5 Likes

As Reno May says very often" Stay Dangerous :us:

2 Likes

Molonlabe777. I can remember that anyone that wanted to be president !! Did not have to be Rich . . And jimmy carter. For one!! Was a pen nut farmer,!! In19,76. And won the dimacrat . Nomination . And we on to beat president Ford. And !! He was not rich.!!! And his brother . Had Billy. Beer. An i got a Model 19,76. Truck . That Billy carter . Had a jimmy carter. Was not a bad president. He never sold the NASHION. And after jimmy carter!! No one . With out. Billions of dollars will never have a . Every day person in the White House. For president. Now they buy. The office. And they are not for the American people . And they all Leave office .MUCH MUCH RICHER. Then they GOT THEIR. And we are all paying for. Them to ROB. All of us . And take away our rights to defend our selfs!!! We the people by the people for the people . Better . Wake up PDQ,:bangbang:BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE AMERICA I . Was born . In. And freedom is, just A DREAM . That has become a nightmare,:bangbang:Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::100::us::us::us::heart::100::100::100:

RangeMatt I agree peace THROU strength. ,!! No one wants to mass with any one that can . Defend them selfs , evil people only hurt . The people that cannot . And will not . Defend them selfs. They want soft targets . You are so right . Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::us::chile::100::bangbang::bangbang:

Their not breaking current law of schools being a gun free zone? Is there a law that currently allows them? Only asking because I would think a liberal DA might go after one to set an example.

1 Like

The teachers are breaking the law. Fortunately, our DAs are not political. Unfortunately, violent crime is an issue that they have to deal with on a daily basis. I’ve met with different members of the local PDs and other officials. They are normal people, and they have priorities. The funding to them is not robust. They deal with what’s important first. I’m sure they suspect that some teachers carry. The DAs probably ask themselves what they would do if roles were switched. The DA in a city on the other side of our state had some policies that could be considered very liberal. The policies were also totally ineffective. She was pushed out of office by a bi-partisan vote of the state legislature.

1 Like

Which State?

In NV,
NRS 202.265 allows the following people to possess guns at a school or childcare facility in Nevada:

• Peace officers;
  • School security guards;
  • Anyone with written permission from the president of a branch or facility of the NSHE;
  • Anyone with written permission from the principal of the school; and
  • Anyone with written permission from the person designated by a childcare facility to give permission to carry guns
1 Like

According to state law: “Teachers who are specifically authorized in writing by the superintendent of any unified school district, or the chief administrator of any accredited nonpublic school may carry a firearm.”

According to the teachers we have spoken to, there are resource officers assigned to the schools and the superintendent prefers not to allow teachers to carry. Obviously, they aren’t universally on board with that.

3 Likes

This prohibition does not restrict the possession of a firearm on the property of a private or public school or child care facility by a: 1) peace officer; 2) school security guard; or 3) person having written permission from the president of a branch or facility of the Nevada System of Higher Education, the principal of the private or public school, or the person designated by a child care facility to give permission to carry or possess the firearm. The possession of a firearm is also permissible at a child care facility located at or in the home of a natural person by the person who owns or operates the facility, as long as the person resides in the home and complies with any laws governing the possession of such a weapon.3

1 Like