What did you name your weapon?

Every good weapon should have a name.

Six men came to kill me one time. The best of them carried this.
It’s a Calahan full-bore autolock. Customized trigger. Double cartridge. Thorough gauge.
It is my very favorite gun.

I call her Vera

7 Likes

@Harvey,

INDEED!

That is so true!

I felt the part where he said, “Has extreme sentimental value!”

3 Likes

Does it ever make yawonda why she named your gun but not hers @Randall318?
Dad jokes at their best!!!

2 Likes

IT DOES!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

LOVE DAD JOKES!
That’s usually my type of humor anyways—

2 Likes

My 2011 Camaro SS is Carissa. CARiSSa simple!

3 Likes

My Ruger, is Bertha the Blaster, and my truck is Rolling Thunder. Yes, inanimate objects have feelings too.

4 Likes

My car is Skippy, my evil twin. I blame Skippy for any tickets.

Secret :chipmunk: edit: my shotgun is “my Boomstick”. Sorry someone had to say it. :eyes::innocent::laughing::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Lots of people I know name their guns… For instance some of my female friends do it because they’ve got young kids, and the kids can then say things like “Mom, do you have Lola with you?” without announcing to the entire grocery store that Mommy Has A Gun!!! :wink:

Most of mine don’t have names… but my Para Ordnance 1911 .45ACP Warthog, now… SHE’s got a name. Her name is “Grace” :blush: Don’t ask me why she’s got a name and the rest don’t… I have no idea :joy: It just seems right that she has one.

So how about you? Do you name your guns? Is there a purpose or a theme?

2 Likes

How do you like the Para I have looked at them for a long time hated to see they got bought out. How do you carry it?

2 Likes

@Derek I’m not currently carrying Grace… not enough range time with her to be my EDC. I love how she shoots though. I’m a fan of compact fat grip guns that feel heavy in the hand, and she just feels solid. She will, however, royally kick your backside if you aren’t paying attention to your grip.

Right after I got her I decided that Grace deserves a Fancy Dress :laughing:
Sometime in the next couple of weeks I’m ordering a custom OC holster from Andrews Leather… it’ll be this style (“carjacker”, see the left photo) with a thumb break, but made in the stingray (see the right photo) instead of the lizard:
image image

The plan is that’ll be my open carry rig, worn appendix (probably 11:30 to 12:30… not sure, will have to see how she rides). I mostly CC, but there are times when we carry specifically OC for a purpose - usually educational - and then I want a proper rig.

I did buy her used (as you said, not available), and the holster will probably cost as much as the gun :roll_eyes: but… fancy girl needs a fancy dress :blush:

ETA: Andrews leather, SERIOUSLY awesome folks.

5 Likes

Cool I like the compact that is the one I am looking at for carry but the full size could be good for Shtf when I won’t be hiding anything.

3 Likes

My soon to be wife 30 some years ago named my EDC 'Thumper" Me and the boys were doing IDPA before there was such a thing as IDPA and all of their full size 1911’s were “Cracker’s” to her ears. My 3.5" Officers model sang with a deeper voice. My soon to be wife asked if she could shoot "Thumper"and it stuck. She named one other that has also stuck, my .357 Derringer, she called it “Snake Eyes” most of the rest were just referred to as “That ugly black one (Beretta, Sig, HK)” or the “Heavy Silver one (EAA)” In general I don’t name my guns unless there is something special about it and it has more to do with performance than physical attributes. Cars/Trucks on the other hand always seem to get a name.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Thumb brake: 1911 = Correct answer.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

:smiley: trying to get it right @Craig6

2 Likes

@Zee With a 1911

Yoda:
“Try not, Do.”
“There is only one path to the Force. Loaded and Locked, Thumb Brake you shall have.”
“This is the way of the Force.”

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

AHAhahaha! Ok, you know I’m naming my next 1911 “Yoda”… :laughing: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yoda:
Name it you might.
Build it you can.
Understand it you will.
Master it you shall.

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

I also do not name all of them. My Sig 1911 is named “Scorpy”… Farscape reference if any of you remember that. My son took Vera…

3 Likes

My carry guns are currently named “The Sig”, “The Springfield”, and “The Dan Wesson”. Yes, I am very creative. :grinning:

@Zee That holster you are getting, it lets the barrel stick out? No issues expected drawing it with the front sight?

5 Likes

The one I’m getting is custom for my firearm, so there should be no issues on the draw. I’ll be sure to ask about that when I place the order though.

3 Likes