Do you name your weapons?

For instance, “Carrie” is the living room handgun, in condition one, “Caesar” is our AR-15 behind the bedroom door, in condition one, and the “bit$#, is the Mossberg 500 under the bed.
Do you code name them for covert/overt acts in the home.
So if you had kids and in an emergency you yelled at Timmy a trained 10 year old to go get daddy’s gun, they are all daddy’s guns, which one does he bring you?

12 Likes

I’ve only named my edc guns. Max is a glock 19 and Mike is a H&K Vp9

7 Likes

I have used the name ROSCO and so does everybody else.

11 Likes

Names have to be earned and not just made up.

14 Likes

Rosa is my Ruger ec9s, Tina is my Taurus g2c, Samantha is my Smith & Wesson SD40VE. Hailey is my h&r pump action 12 gauge shotgun. Of course Marlin is my model 60 rifle and I never named the 10/22 Ruger.

6 Likes
8 Likes

I’m not as big on naming guns as I am on naming cars. My wife named my edc of 30+ years for it’s sound compared to all the other 45’s that day. 3.5" barrels sound different than the 5’s. Hence Thumper was tagged. She also named my 357 Mag Derringer “Snake Eyes”. When I was down range the bloom must have fallen off the rose for naming your rifle as most of the Marines didn’t have names for their sticks, probably because they had to turn them in so often. Mine was always “Rat Gun” or “Rat $h!t”. My pistol was generally a string of expletives that ended in “Beretta” or “M9”.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

Absolutely, that’s what makes them memorable and respected, the names I used in this post, are fictional, the real names are a closely guarded secret. Need to know and all! I cannot confirm or deny one of them to my wife or you guys!

7 Likes

I agree with Todd30. I have not given a specific name to any of my weapons… I will sometimes refer to them by their function, ie; My Battle Weapon vs hunting rifle. Until some significant event happens with one of them they remain addressed by their purpose. I do know a couple friends who have given names to a couple of their weapons.
Kind of reminds me of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit where swords were given names, but the names usually had a significant reflection on the purpose or history of the weapon in battle.

9 Likes

I named My Glock 30 only. That nasty thing is called black widow

6 Likes

I have a S&W M29 6 1/2" barrel. The bitch’s name is Karen-she has a big mouth and very loud :+1:

10 Likes

Kids are all adults now. Mostly have mine on me or at times verey near.

5 Likes

Roscoe comes to mind. So does Smith
How about Roscoe Smith?

5 Likes

My sccy cpx 2 is Luke Sky Talker :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Nope. I think it’s kinda dumb personally, though I get it. I just call them by their factory name, or a short description based on caliber, size/barrel length, and or purpose, circumstance depending. Like a tool type/size. It is what it is and it does what it does.

6 Likes

My carry guns kind of have names. I have “The Kimber”, the “Dan Wesson”, and the “Springfield”. :grinning:

9 Likes

Since I like a little humor in life, both the mrs and I name items. Since her cowgirl caddy is white thus the name “ghost”. In my sled racing days for arctic cat…“sh$$$ty k$$$$ty. Firearms…two glocks, dill and doe. Renamed my edc to whizzbang. Shotgun, that I cant hit a darn clay…boomstick. Mrs Kimber…Finicky. Adopted son “ace”. His preggars GF…“squeezums”. Our one sled is yellow, " school bus”. We have a grocery getter bike, sorry folks, made in china Idaho, called “china” or “china syndrome”. (PS, the yammys are better bikes)

However a problem exists, we have two older dirt bikes, twins, and haven’t name them. The mrs yammy has hot pink hand grips. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Likes

or Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

5 Likes

Maybe a little childish, but you took this thread way too seriously, it was meant to cool things off a bit. If we can’t laugh, we’re doomed.
So lighten up a bit and name your carry piece “LUCY” and hold her tight!
Hopefully we get through all this and get back to a normal state of affairs and I can stop my humorous topics.

4 Likes

Each of my firearms carries the name of the grandchild that uses it at the range (Anya, Olivia, etc.). Simple system, and pretty much foolproof.

6 Likes