What are your thoughts about the Mossberg mc1 9mm single stack pistol?

I’ve been thinking about purchasing the mossberg MC1. Just not sure if I like the plastic mags. Plus I have seen on youtube that it seems to have problems with aluminum casings. Would you make this a carry gun?

1 Like

I am curious about this gun as well. Anyone have experience with this gun? Certainly attractive for a person on a budget. I have never held, much less shot one, but am a bit leary of plastic mags.

Not sure about the aluminum casing, I only shoot brass.

1 Like

First off, I haven’t shot one. Opinion could change! I’ve handled it a fair amount of times now and IMO I’m not really that impressed. As you guys mentioned, I’m not thrilled with the plastic mags. Removing the striker assembly to field strip the firearm is definitely unique. Regarding how the firearm feels in the hand, I’ve mentioned it feels like a G43 and Taurus PT111 combined. And its…round. hahah. I get it, aimed at making the profile more concealed and snag free. But, it’s just too rounded for my tastes. I know that’s not a great description, sorry. Lol. Again, this is IMO and i haven’t shot one yet. Maybe once it’s been around the block a few times and more reviews come out I may look at it with some interest. It just doesn’t really do much for me I guess. :woman_shrugging:

Call around an find a range that has them available to rent. Generally, I’m not a fan of single stack magazines but definitely see they have their place. I occasionally carry a .380 Glock 42 when I am limited to something that is concealable wearing almost anything. But, along with the single stack magazine is a tiny little grip that does not feel good in my hand and I have to pocket 3 spare mags to account for what I usually have on hand with my EDC.

1 Like