To buy or not to buy

I would like a small sub compact. Looking at a beretta pico or a bond arms . Cant make up my mind. Any ideas.or suggestions.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a really big fan of the XD/XDM sub compacts. I have several of them.

If you donā€™t want high capacity the XDS series is well worth looking at.

Iā€™ve handled and shot a few of the Bond Arms offerings, not bad but not what I wanted to own or carry.

2 Likes

My EDC is the Mossberg MC1 .

A very accurate sidearm with hardly any recoil and conceals extremely well.

1 Like

For years I only liked full size and compact sized frames. I now greatly enjoy my Glock 26 in 9mm

1 Like

I like my G2C

1 Like

Iā€™ve I picked up a new Bullpup 9 a couple weeks ago. Iā€™ve put around 350 rds through to date. Ammo was 4 different types from the Bond list. Had 3 failure to chamber in first 50 rounds. Cleaned thoroughly and lubed and sheā€™s ran fine since. Fits a size 3 sticky holster great and is in my jeans pocket as I write this. Iā€™m impressed with the fit/finish and performance. The problems I had were with a brand new piece I had NOT cleaned and lubed ( too anxious to try itšŸ˜). I love mine. After another 250 w/out issue it will become EDC. Just havenā€™t had the chance to pick up another couple hundred defense loads. My go to is 250 rounds of a given load to prove reliability.

1 Like

Interesting. I looked up both of those versions. Perhaps if I become a collector, I might also want to add one of those. Talk about portability.

In the category of ā€˜10 rounds, semi auto, CCWā€™, have you heard of any problems with the Beretta APX Centurion 9MM, JAXQ920? Appreciated.

I have been tempted so many times by that MC1ā€¦
I need it to have optical plates and I am inā€¦
I keep waiting some day I am sure I will get it with an optics plateā€¦

I find this website very useful when researching guns of various sizes/weights. It allows me to see them side by side with actual specs.

2 Likes

I went down the Bond Arms for home defense path. I was impressed that I could fire .410 shotgun shells. Three inch. In practice I could maybe fire off 3 rounds before having to just stop. The recoil was downright painful. The gun would also fire .45 Long but that was hardly worth doing. If I wanted that I would get a revolver. I suppose this is complicated by the fact that a range with rentals is unlikely to have a Bond Derringer, so, no way to try before you buy. My advice, if you donā€™t handle recoil well then donā€™t get a Bond to shoot .410 gauge. If you are looking at Bond to shoot anything else it is hard to figure how it will be better than a revolver or auto-loader. Sure is a beautiful gun, though, nice to look at. I sold it at the range on consignment. When I pulled it out for inspection everyone behind the counter sighed and groaned. A real looker. Sold right away, so thereā€™s that.