All Metal

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-m20?sku=13194

10 Likes

Be nice top compare with the Polymer Frame for the following:

1. Accuracy
  2. Trigger Pull (Although Subjective
  3. Felt Recoil
  4. How many Rounds before frame failure

From what we have been told for decades now Polymer is a great leap forward, now this? Love the looks btw.

6 Likes

I’m drooling.

3 Likes

I received the email today and looked.
They look very nice.
To me the big question is how well the aluminum frame will hold up compared to steel and polymer. Definitely want to try one.
Will have to keep checking my range to see if they get a rental in play…

3 Likes

I saw the review today on the Smith&Wesson website. It is a sharp looking pistol. Would like to shoot it myself.

2 Likes

My wager

1. Same (and ammo selection + shooter both FAR bigger impacts)
  2. Same
  3. What I want to know, probably a little bit less?
  4. Irrelevantly high for both but I’d wager on the polymer being tougher overall/less likely to be cracked by abuse
4 Likes

What is the trigger pull like though? I have found they have a long trigger pull!

2 Likes

Are you referring to an M&P 2.0 or Shield Plus (Optic Ready gen) with the flat face trigger specifically?

Because the current flat triggers are no comparison to the stupid, long, break-way-too-far-back hinged curved triggers from the original and some of the early 2.0’s

4 Likes

Yes, but I know this is a different gun and it probably is not the same. I was just curious.

2 Likes

If they came with this 2 years ago I would be a great supporter.
Weight was always missing in M&P series. These are great pistols but not for shooter who loves the feel of tool.
Awesome move from S&W. Looks they started to listen users. SIG was smarter and came with metal P320 few months earlier.

I’m hoping to see and hear reviews. @Johnnyq60 … I’m counting on you ! :wink:

5 Likes

I will PM you later brother

1 Like

I would love to hear reviews as well if you are trying one.

1 Like

Why though aluminum? Rather see them go all out and use titanium instead!

:thinking:
I’m wondering what would be the cost of Titanium M&P9 M2.0 .

But seriously, aluminium is the way to build great pistol frame. Good material, keeps the price in reality and it’s reliable enough to take over steel.
Additional most people who are looking for weight, doesn’t need 40 - 50 oz handgun.
30 oz - 35 oz is a perfect weight for +/- 4" barrel handgun. And that’s exactly what aluminum gives.

1 Like

Sale price plus the idea is for it to not be as light in this particular case

2 Likes

Wonder how cold that aluminum gets in the wintertime? Free floating handguards made from aluminum will draw heat from your hands.

And since we are going for new frame material options, I’ll vote for a nice heavy brass frame.

1 Like

I’d say more. Metal is stiffer than plastic. But it isn’t chambered in 45 win mag so probably not enough to notice much.

1 Like

If carried IWB concealed, not (too cold), due to body heat.

4 Likes