Metal Frame Gun for CC

Been going through a weird time when I think I’d like a new carry pistol. At first I was tempted by the PX4 storm or some other gun with a rotating barrel. Then I looked at the 92s. Now I’m researching 9mm 1911s. I can shoot my Glocks competently and I really like the slim grip of my Shield Plus. Wondering what metal gun might be a good choice (that doesn’t cost a small fortune).

What do you carry and how did you decide?

6 Likes

I carry polymers, for all the reasons almost everybody does.

But:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/m-p-9-m2.0-metal

7 Likes

Agree with @Nathan57 suggestion. That would be an excellent choice.

7 Likes

PX4 Compact is great and very accurate.
M&P sheild Performance Center is good too.
92s are delicious.

If you are looking for 1911, metal with grip like M&P sheild without spending too much $$, I suggest you check 1911 RONIN® EMP® 3", awesome trigger, reliable and easily concealed.

5 Likes

There’s no way you will know without trying.
Firearm is very personal and subjective. What works for others may doesn’t work for you at all.

For me metal / aluminium frames work much better than polymer.
It’s not about material, it’s about proper weight balance which gives me better stability and faster multiple shots.

I actually found 2011 model with polymer grip module to be the best.
Aluminium or metal frame and heavy slide create very stable platform and eliminate huge percentage of muzzle flip and dip.
It is just easier to shoot than any polymer pistol.

4 Likes

That’s the hard part: finding a place that rents…

3 Likes

Smith and Wesson, CSX is a very small gun for carry and has a metal frame and hammer. Its also excellent for the price, around $600.

4 Likes

Welcome to our Community sir. We are glad to have you. The CSX is quite interesting.

2 Likes

Bersa BP9CC. Very reliable and I got it on sale at $249.99

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Joe196

3 Likes

Where from? There are several places here in MS that you can try before you buy. In fact they are building one very near my home. Just about every firearm they sell they let you shoot the firearm before you buy it. They have indoor ranges. You have to buy the target ammo and the target but if you purchase the firearm they waive the ammo and target charges.

2 Likes

Do they have a heated garage? :grin:

3 Likes

I don’t know but they do have a sign that says No Overnight Parking. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Kimber makes a few good choices

4 Likes

I have two Kimbers one in 9mm the other in 45 and love them they shot great. carry them every day.

5 Likes

There are a couple of new S&W M&P steel frame 9MMs that are worth checking out.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday brother @Larry130

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Joe196 and we are glad you are with us.

2 Likes

Went to a local place and handled several models. It struck me that maybe what I really need is just more range time. Having the guns in hand reminded me that I’d have to invest in new mags, holsters, learn different fire control. Maybe not something to prioritize now.

However I would like to handle a 4” shield plus if I could find one…

Thank you all for your comments.

And welcome Joe!

4 Likes

Northern Arkansas

3 Likes