Walther POQ M2

Who’s got one and what do you think about it? Finally broke down and rented one at the range two weeks ago and fell in love. Have one inbound as we speak.

1 Like

:+1:
Once you felt in love… you are done… don’t even think about other gun… :crazy_face:

PPQ was my first firearm. I’ve been using M1 (Classic) version, which is exactly the same action as M2, just different magazine release mechanism.
This firearm is very similar to H&K VP9, so rent this one as well if you have a chance. Perhaps VP9 will fit better?
PPQ is easy to shoot, reliable, takes all kind of ammo. Barrel made from extremely hard steel (I’ve been using empty shells as blanks to check my anticipation for a long time, and no sign of wear on feeding ramp).
Very easy to disassemble (can be done with one hand), doesn’t require much lubrication, works fine when dry.
I love the trigger… Best trigger in Polymer Family !
Great steel magazines (made in Italy) with red followers.
They say - plastic sights… I haven’t found issue with them. They are polymer (not plastic) and I can rack the slide on belt without any problems.

Hmmm… It should be enough :face_with_hand_over_mouth: . only PROS… I don’t see any CONS…
Anyway - check VP9. It has more PROS than PPQ .

1 Like

Thanks Jerzy, really looking forward to it. Had a VP9 for a short time. Unfortunately I could not find one to rent or shoot in my areas so I purchased blind. Didn’t work for me, which is why it took so long for me to try a Walther, I worried the similar ergos would equal a similar experience. I’m so glad I was wrong. Renting it again at my local range tomorrow while I wait patiently for mines arrival. Found a great deal at Buds gun shop on the Q4 Tac, much cheaper than what I’d pay here at local stores so I’m even more excited.

1 Like

Buds is the best choice. My PPQ M1 was priced $700 in local shop, I had it from Buds for $450 :+1: (S&H, transfer -> extra $60)
Q4 TAC seems to be nice pistol. I hope you won’t use it for EDC :slight_smile:
One more thing I haven’t mentioned - PPQ has EXACTLY the same slide stop/release lever on both sides (long, very practical for fast reloads)

1 Like

I was wondering why James Bond never used H&K… You have just answered my question :rofl:

1 Like

No it won’t be for edc. My 365 will be my EDC for the foreseeable future. I do live where open carry is legal but I almost never do that, but it’s a possibility if ever needed.

1 Like

Unbelievable… SIG, Walther… Just tell me you also love 1911… and I’ll be your best friend…:grin::+1:

1 Like

Very much love the 1911 platform, though I currently do not own one. A Sig Nightmare in .357 Sig is on my wishlist and hopefully coming sooner than later.

2 Likes

A couple years back I was at the range with a friend and he had a Walther PPQ M2 9mm…and I thought it was pretty awesome. Then a year or so ago, I started thinking about putting together a “tacticool, go to war” handgun and learned that Walther made that PPQ in .45ACP so focused on that as my purchase.

I found a used one that had been purchased but never fired outside of the manufacturer’s test at my local gun shop (shout out Wrigley’s) for $449…grabbed it up immediately…purchased a laser/light combo for it (and a leg holsters) and now it’s one of my night stand guns.

Smooth shooting, balls on accurate consistently makes the little hole into a big hole (and I’m not a great marksman by any means). My fellow RSOs always ask when I bring it to the range as they love it too.

It’s a great gun…so I feel you Jeff.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience James. I’m really looking forward to getting mine in next week.

2 Likes