Full Size Walthers - Worth a second Look

Just read this article, I have herad of Police Departments using S&W, Sig and Glock, but it looks like Walther is making some inroads with the PPQ - Why this Florida agency made the switch from .40 caliber to a 9mm Walther

Anyone have any experience with these?

4 Likes

I have a PPQ First Edition and absolutely love it. I’d love one of the newer fancy ones…but they did away with the “better” mag release. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

$800

1 Like

Walther makes best striker fired handguns. P99 has been used by many European agencies. This one is close to me because has been manufactured in Poland. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
PPQ is even better. (Replaced S&W as Taiwan Police standard issued pistol)
I owned PPQ-M1 and could say - no better striker handgun. I used past tense, because I gave it to my son.
I’m not surprised these firearms are more popular every year.

1 Like

Offering money back (and meaning it and standing behind it) speaks volumes. I love all of my Walthers, so much so that I got one for my friend as a gift a few years back (PPQ M2).

2 Likes

Walther is one of the most underrated guns in the USA market. It is considered a Premium maker in Europe but I believe their partnership with S&W has hurt them in the USA. I had a Walther PPS that I regret having sold to a relative that needed a small carry gun. I have yet to replace it but I will someday.

It was the first real ultra compact 9mm on the market but I remember the first time I took it to the range I was absolutely blown away by it’s accuracy. It was so good I moved from the pistol range to a 50 yard rifle range and was happily making a bowling pin that someone had just dropped on the berm dance! If I was not hitting it directly I was hitting dirt close enough to make it jump with every shot out of this toy gun. I was having so much fun I ran through about 100 rounds just doing this. :laughing:

Anyway I can honestly say that all the Walthers I’ve shot have all been above average in quality, finish and accuracy! Even the early 1940s war time PP that is sitting on my desk as I type. It’s a 7.65 I’m cleaning for an old friend and I took it to the range a few days ago to test it out. It’s going to take a plastic surgeon to wipe the smile off my face.

2 Likes

I love my Walthers. I now have a PPQ Navy, and I absolutely love the thing.

1 Like

Quote of the day…

1 Like

I honestly like the look of Walthers. My next full size handgun will likely be one.

1 Like