Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

@Dawn Thank you! I’m excited to learn as much as I can from everyone on here. I’m sure you’ll all be a tremendous help lol I know my boyfriend is always on here asking questions and gaining new information. You guys are really helpful!

8 Likes

My name is Daren, I’ve been a member of USCCA for awhile now but I’m not into the “Social Media” type platforms since I left the ever popular “FakeBook”. After discovering this part of the USCCA Community and all the shared information here I thought I’d give it a go to introduce myself, so far what I’ve been reading everyone seems to be really eager to learn and share their wealth of knowledge about gun safety, personal preparedness, and the ins and outs of home security. In my opinion, I like to think, I’m never too prepared for any of this, I want to always be preparing for the worst case scenario, because I can’t expect it to be the best case scenario. Anyway, everyone keep the great discussions flowing and I’m glad to be here learning from everyone’s knowledge and experiences. BTW, for any of the folks who travel by 2wheels if you see me on the road sometime, all my brothers and sisters know me as “G00SE”. image

10 Likes

Welcome, Daren. What do you ride?

I like your meme. It is funny how the majority works. It is how we got “leverage” to be adopted as a verb when we already had “lever.”

4 Likes

Hey Brad, I’ve actually got a total of 4 bikes,
2-Kawasaki Nomads 1600&1700
1-Suzuki Bandit 1200
1-Kawasaki Versys 650
They’re all a blast, and yes my wife does know about them all(lol) she actually wants me to teach her to pilot her own bike someday, but the rest of humanity isn’t prepared for her debut. image

7 Likes

And yes I like memes, and yes I’ll try to keep them to a minimum, but the older I get I’ve learned that the more I enjoy history because it causes me to really stop and think like the memes do…

7 Likes

Very nice. I had a big Bandit years ago. Just two street bikes left now, VFR800 (which I was out on Thursday) and a CB-1 (which I’ll be out on a couple of hours).

4 Likes

Welcome, @Daren!

This place is legit compared to Facebook! I know the feeling and understand why you or other individuals would want to disassociate.

God bless!

5 Likes

Thanks Randall

5 Likes

Cool, I too ride year-round, most years, along with the past few years several brothers and I do a SouthEasternTennesseePolarBearRide.
Where we ride a minimum of 100miles on NewYearsDay, which usually involves TheTailOfTheDragon, in my opinion, it is The Best Time to ride it because hardly anyone else is on it (police included). Anyway be safe out there and enjoy your bikes!image

8 Likes

Motorcyclists are nuts…all of us. I spent most of my life in New England. We rode down to 18F. After that, the heated gear just couldn’t keep up anymore. Still, if there was any way at all, we would get in some miles on NYD also. The joke was that we could tell everyone that we’d already been riding that year, no matter if it snowed until the end of April. lol It is much easier here in Charlotte. These days, I spend most of my time coaching at track days, but I still try to get in some street riding.

7 Likes

@Daren keep the sticky side down brother.

6 Likes

Welcome to all of those who joined us over the wonderful holiday week! Please be sure to say hi to the new Community people when you see them here:

@Michael348, @Mark166, @kelmadics, @Matthew62, @Robert291, @Isauro, @Timothy52, @Duncan, @William210, @paul118, @Thomas107, @Greg35, @Michael349, @Thomas108, @Dave33, @Thomas109, @Tom34, @Brian100, @Thomas110, @Gary104, @dclayt, @Daniel104, @William211, @Kenneth_D1, @Dennis51, @Floyd3, @Doug31, @Jill2, @Gary105, @Priscilla1, @Michael350, @WILLIAM212, @Alden, @Terri1, @Charles100, @James270, @John294, @Christopher77, @Robert292, @Jarmone, @Joe34, @Wallace_N, @ray23, @Andrew53, @Mary6, @Joseph87, @Glenn21, @Christopher78, @Neill, @Duayne, @James271, @EDC_always, @Michael351, @Daren, @MATT20, @Tom35, @Kevin95, @Ernest14, @Michael352, @Alejandro8, @Kelly12, @Scott94, @Tim54, @Jordan14, @Thomas111, @Andrew54, @Edward57, @Blue_rockfish, @Noel3, @Margaret1, @James272, @Capt.T, @ROBERT293, @Donald62, @Fizbin, @David304, @Fumbler, @Rob14, @Johnie, @Joe35, @John_Sam, @DOUG32, @Michael353, @Douglas43, @Doreen, @Dorcas, @Carole, @H_Craig, @andrew55, @Joseph88, @Leigh_Brandon, @Michael354, @Bryan26, @Charles101, @Cole7, @Roberta3, @TrevorlHenderson, @Kristina, @RickS, @John295, @Crash_M, @DonB, @Kent8, @Daniel105, @Rafael6, @P.Ruddy75, @steve70, @Joshua36, @Michael355, @Wayne33, @Ken27, @Ken28, @Robert294, @Juanita1, @Joshua37, @Jason74, @Angel7, @Ron31, @Wade4, @James273, @CabbageToad, @BeastMaster45, @Dale27, @Paul119, @Sheila3, @Brian101

We’re so glad to have you here!! Please jump in and ask questions you’ve got! We’re all here to help and learn from each other.

5 Likes

Happy to have joined the throng of those who prefer not to be victimised. I’m resident in Naples, FL.
Kent8

6 Likes

Hi Samuel11 … I was born and raised in North Idaho (Sandpoint & Hope). You selected an excellent place to relocate. My life took me away from the beautiful area, but I have always enjoyed returning to visit. Spent a month during September and October in the Panhandle. Loved it! Hope you are settling in well.
Kent

4 Likes

Greetings all! New user here just shy of being social security eligible. Wife and I have been USCCA members since Veteran’s Day 2017. Why Veteran’s Day? 28 years active duty US Air Force, 2 years as an Air Force contractor, and 10 years as Air Force Civil Servant. So 40 years serving this great country! Just seemed the logical day to change over from Texas Shield.

Been around all kinds of guns most of my life, though only carrying the last 5 years or so. Now usually carry a version of P365 (have three, basic, NRA, and SAS models). Have other pistols, but these are by far the lightest and easiest to conceal. Wife (of 40 years) and I hit the local indoor range 2-3 times a month and put 100-200 rounds each down range. She has her Texas LTC as well, plus she is also a Veteran too, with 14 years of service with US Air Force.

Two grown daughters and three 60 pound puppies. Two Staffordshire Terrier mixes (5 and 2) and one full Boxer (9 months). All male, all adopted. 5 year old Staffy was adopted as “Lab mix” from local shelter, hence the user name I’ve been using since we adopted him.

Enough for now. Looking forward to gleaning and sharing whatever knowledge I can here!

6 Likes

Hey,
That’s awesome. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry you had to leave. We are between Sandpoint and Hope, off of Sunnyside. Been here 4.5 years, and feel like it was always home – we just didn’t know it until we got here. Reach out the next time you are coming for a visit. I’ll buy the burgers at MickDuff’s!

4 Likes

Greetings and Happy New Year to you ALL!!
It is a privilege and pleasure to meet the USCCA members. Reading your introductions and responses makes me feel happier-- just knowing you are all out there, seeing as we live in interesting times and it’s a fine set of rum customers we’ve got in Congress.
I am a retired teacher on the shady side of 60, and before teaching HS grades9-12 was a researcher in materials engineering ( bioimetics and carbon sequestration). Have been a lifelong bookworm and lover of cats. My dad liked guns and Japanese martial arts. I practiced Judo and Aikido for several years (that’s how I met my husband), read everything I could find about Samurai; but always feared guns- maybe because they are noisy.
Basically I am a romantic when it comes to firearms: I appreciate the necessity of them and I CAN’T STAND the idea of being a victim, but have a hard time with the realities of cleaning and shooting, though I own several because my husband is knowledgeable about guns.
My own favorite is a historical replica I got when we joined the SASS ( Single-action Shooting Society)- a black powder horse-pistol–reminds me of Alfred Noyes’ poem ‘The Highwayman’, but NOT suitable for CC…a cherrywood handle S&W 22 revolver I got for a Valentine’sDay gift, which I like because I can see what’s what-- but would (I suspect) be no good in a real emergency–and then there’s the serious ones my husband got me, but I am a little afraid of–so I HAVE to get out to the range with them (my 2020 New Year’s resolution): HK 9mm, Glock 17, Mossberg 20 gauge, and Tavor223 for home defense.
I am taking this to heart: “Under pressure we don’t rise to the level of our expectations but fall to the level of our training” --Navy Seal saying.

…I used to be a Democrat because it seemed they did a lot to protect wildlife and the environment, but then I read a biography of Teddy Roosevelt, who started our National Parks System, and then I learned Nixon created the EPA by executive order, and then I compared donations to support wildlife habitat from Republicans and hunters, compared to weepers and wailers, and realized I was in the wrong camp. I have become a fierce supporter of 2nd Ammendment rights.

God bless all our veterans, service members, first responders, and border guards and keep you all safe, healthy and happy this new year.

8 Likes

Sunnyside in Oden Bay, how well I know that lovely location. If you are interested in the history of your new home you might check out Sandpoint’s Early History (A story of how pioneers carved this city out of the wilderness) by Gary L. Pietsch. It was just published by Bonner County Historical Society, 611 South Ella Ave, Sandpoint 83864 a weeks ago. Gary resides on Kaniksu Shores Road at Oden Bay. He is my older brother and the one who stayed at home; whereas, I journeyed far wide.

I accept with pleasure the opportunity in future to gobble a burger together in my old hometown.

Kent

5 Likes

Hi, i found you over Christmas with that beautiful pic of AR.
Im a 71 yr old retired desert storm vet. Its just me sand gun control is a hot topic for me along with border cintrol.

7 Likes

You have got to be kidding! I live in Kaniksu Shores!

4 Likes