Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

@Smiddy

Thank you, sir!

I’m glad you liked it down here! We do have great people here…
Might not be the best as far as sight seeing unless one likes gambeling or bars but that’s for sure good people and it’s because of people like you who make (made) it great!

If he were here he would definitely salute back!
Thanks again, sir!

Blessings from my family to yours!

• Randall W. Anderson
5 Likes
  • Who are you? New dad
  • What got you interested in carrying and self-defense? People being unpredictable
  • How long have you been training for your self-defense? 7 years
  • What formal training have you had? Armed and unarmed security, some military/police style training
  • What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten regarding your self-defense? The bad guy will win unless you have enough money.
  • What’s your favorite gun? Beretta 92
  • How often do you train? Weekly if possible
  • How have you gotten your friends and family involved? They don’t care much
  • What do you hope to learn from others in the USCCA Community? Comradererie
5 Likes

@NunyaBidness - welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Welcome the newest people in the USCCA Community:

@Wayne31, @Michael345, @Dean17, @Kevin91, @Daniel101, @Laura5, @Christian15, @Rafael8, @Jonathan36, @Jacob25, @Bruce36, @Richard166, @Ryan41, @NolanL, @Paul115, @Timothy51, @Lab4Us, @Dan46, @Rodger, @Roger29, @Mark165, @Chris64, @gerald25, @Catherine2, @Andrew51, @Kevin_USCCA, @Julia1, @Carl33, @Jordan13, @anon93456519, @Jamie9, @KyleH, @USCCA_Zach_1, @RebeccaH, @Lisajo, @Frank38, @Joseph1963, @Daniel102, @Scott92, @George_W1, @Brian98, @Gary101, @Nicholas24, @Jonathan37, @Kevin93, @Gary102, @David301, @Kevin94, @Stephen77, @David302, @Andrey, @John_F2, @Norm, @shelley, @Helen2, @Tim49, @Edward55, @Charles99, @Rudolph1, @KevinActual, @Jerry48, @Chauncey, @Alfred8, @Thomas106, @Nicholas25, @Joseph85, @Dudley, @Cecil4, @Keith45, @Brentley, @Andrew0341, @Edward56, @SuperChicken, @Robert288, @Rankin, @_mike.mclimans, @Rex1, @Dave32, @Wayne32, @Leon7, @Michael346, @Richard167, @Norman13, @michael347, @Robert289, @Gary103, @_webbt09, @Scott93, @Daniel103, @Pamela7, @Carol4, @James267, @Mandel, @ShooterSGDP, @Harleymac1, @James269, @Lennon, @John293, @Lev, @Robert290, @Harry9, @Chris65, @Franklin6, @paul116, @Joseph86, @GlockGuy, @Nathan24, @Jack21, @Esteban, @Tennessee, @Jason73, @Paul117, @_PCWrightTX, @Phillip25, @FrankW, @Jeffery10, @_adkffjd, @Handsome_Herb, @William209, @David303, @Jennifer5, @Sherm, @NunyaBidness, @Desmond, @Brian99, @Andrew52, @Doyle5, @Abby_A

Please help them feel welcome! Also, don’t hesitate to ask questions publicly or shoot the moderators a message privately (@moderators).

Hope you all have an amazing holiday week with your family and friends! We’ll be here all week if you need anything!

5 Likes

Hello, Jim52 (Jim Williams)
I have been a gun owner since I was 12 a 22 single shot rifle folks got me for Christmas, I am 75 now and a Navy Veteran. I have had a CCW for 10 years and my carry gun is a Kahr CW45 .45acp, also have other guns, well a bunch more. I know my carry is not a Glock but if you are not aware of the Kahr they are great gun and the CW 45 is perfect carry gun for me.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @David271. Have a Very Merry Christmas!

5 Likes

Hi everyone! My name’s Priscilla, and thank you so much for accepting me into the community!
I’m going to be honest, I don’t know very much about guns or self defense or conceal carrying lol I actually don’t even own a gun. I was completely uninterested in owning a gun until I met my boyfriend, who’s actually been in this community for a good while now. He was one of the first 50 members. @luke_ouellette
I liked guns and all, but never enough to want to own one. Well one day my boyfriend was teaching me to shoot with a rifle, shotgun and handgun (don’t ask me the types lol I think the rifle was a 22 but I’m not sure). Once I got a feel of a gun in my hand, I realized I really wanted to carry. And plus he wanted me to get a gun anyway cuz he wants me to be able to protect myself. So it’s a win win lol
Anyway, I’m really excited to be here and really hope to learn as much as I can about carrying a gun and the types there are out there and how to defend myself and anything else I need to know. I look forward to chatting with you all!

10 Likes

@Priscilla1 We are excited to have you! Welcome aboard. Make sure you are diligent in your training, get familiar and follow through by applying for your concealed carry permit. @luke_ouellette train her well.

7 Likes

@Priscilla1,

Merry Christmas to you! While my brother @Jeff-A1 did, in fact, lay out the most crucial aspects of carrying a firearm daily, you should also know this is the right place for educational purposes. Also, I would emphasize that the USCCA can & will assist you to find astronomical resources for personal training. As mentioned in regard to boyfriend, I’m sure he can assist in some training and giving you a proper understanding of the safety measures you should always practice while carrying, handling, and storing a firearm.

If you are not a member of the USCCA yet, I highly encourage you to become one. While they contributed a lot to my knowledge and here’s the best part, “They still do!”

They are the leader in the nation’s industry because of the preeminent educational and training tools provided.

I’m just blabbing along because your mans already told you all of this but here is another perk…
“We are like a big family here” so be advised you are in good company here."

8 Likes

I have mentioned that I want her to join the USCCA at some point. Right now I’m getting her comfortable with my guns and how they work. How to load and unload the semi auto pistols and rifles. Stuff like that. Eventually I’ll get her to the place where she’s ready to buy her own and to join the USCCA. :grin: But I’m excited to start her on this journey.

8 Likes

I’m excited for you guys as well! In the pure fact that she wants to learn about guns is amazing!

Keep in mind, when you put a ring on her…It will save up to 72% on her membership.:wink::grin:

8 Likes

:joy: thank you Randal. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. :joy:

8 Likes

Thank you Jeff! And I definitely plan to get my concealed carry permit as soon as I am able. I want to learn as much about carrying and just guns in general as I can until then. And still after of course.

7 Likes

@Randall318 Yeah my boyfriend knows quite a bit about self defense and carrying a firearm already. He’s constantly asking questions and starting new topics on here and gathering new information lol he’s my go to for any questions I have about guns or carrying.
But I’m hoping to gain more understanding about it all through everyone on here. I have plenty of questions and a lot to learn so I’ll probably be asking question left and right lol
Lol that’s awesome. I appreciate it. I’m glad to be accepted into such a friendly and informative community.

7 Likes

[Edited]
@Priscilla1,

I’ve been following @luke_ouellette since joined the community and, I would have to agree with you and also will add to that you are blessed to be with someone who is interested in your well being and his own.

Glad you joined and best wishes for the two of you.

7 Likes

@Randall318 Thank you so much. I am definitely blessed. He’s an amazing man and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

6 Likes

Hi my name is John, I’m from Illinois and I’ve been a member since 2015.

7 Likes

@John276 Welcome John nice having you here.

5 Likes

Welcome @Priscilla1. Also welcome @John276 from a fellow Illinoisan.

7 Likes

Welcome, @Priscilla1!! I’m so glad to see you here!

This is a great Community of people who want to help each other learn to best protect themselves and their loved ones. As someone new to the lifestyle there is a lot you can learn and a lot we can learn about how to help people learn! We all start somewhere - glad you’re here!

7 Likes