Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

I didn’t realize so many thought the same way I did. Sometime insurance is a good thing.

5 Likes

Glad to be here. I have been a member of USCCA for several years but just recently found the forums. I got my CHL the 1st year Texas made it available. I EDC a variety of Glocks in 9mm or 40 S&W, with a 10mm in reserve for hunting and hiking. Timmy aka Tim thank you for your Service.

7 Likes

Welcome @TX_Tim!

Don’t feel bad, I was a member for a little while before they were found too. Actually they told me several times they were here it just went over my head like a led balloon. I’m glad it clicked one day upon browsing what they ment.

But we are glad you are here!

4 Likes

Hi. My name is Kevin and I live in Virginia.
I joined USCCA because the incoming legislature in Virginia is proposing a host of new gun laws in 2020. These new laws, if passed, will make me and many other gun owners in VA Class 6 felons in July 2020.
I’m going to need support and ideas about how to grapple with the above mentioned situation.

10 Likes

@Kevin93 - welcome!

You will find many like-minded folks around here. A good place to start regarding Virginia is → Virginia may be ground zero! - #75 by Patrick47

9 Likes

There are a bunch of ongoing discussions here about the current situation in VA, @Kevin93! We are all pulling for all of the responsibly armed Americans in your state!

Glad to have you here!

Evidently I should have kept reading, @Oldgnome beat me to the comment! :rofl:

7 Likes

Kevin93, Its hard to believe that there are so many idiots in Virginia to try and pass such legislation but look at what in happening today with DEMoCRATS in Washington. We are all waiting to see what is going to happen in your state! Hang in there and get some of your friends sign up with USCCA.

4 Likes

Hello,

My Name is Kevin. I have been carrying almost daily (daily the last few years) since I was legally able to obtain my CCP. The first gun I ever fired was a Rossi .410/22 changeable combo. The first handgun I ever fired was Sig P226 (lucky me).

I’ve always been interested in weapons technology, mindset and training and have thoroughly enjoyed introducing many individuals (some of whom swore they would never shoot a gun) to the community. I’m passionate about education and teach discipline with a calm demeanor and make sure that there are no (or as few as possible) questions left to the anxiety of new shooters. I often use recent events, or mock descriptive scenarios to provide perspective to the thought process of ones willingness to handle firearms, carry them, and engage in sport shooting as recreation.

I am from NC and currently live in my van (it’s a nice van we converted!) with my girlfriend. We enjoy traveling, backpacking, camping, and anything outdoors. I currently made a career change from an Operations Manager of a company to working few days a week doing Live Edge Woodworking.

I have always considered making a living, or at least supplementing my income by being a firearms instructor. I’ve recently decided to put a plan in place to make this happen, so I’d sure you all will be seeing quite few posts regarding what experiences you’ve had, and what you’d like to see if you were to be instructed by me. Also, about gear, weapons systems, and other things.

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome, stay vigilant, and enjoy all that you can!

Kevin

8 Likes

@KevinActual - welcome to the community!

6 Likes

Good morning. Thanks for the add. Hope we can all learn from one another.

7 Likes

Good evening all. Mike here, Philly fan, retired Navy in VA. Glad to be here!
M

6 Likes

@Michael126 - Welcome to the community!

Thank you for your service.

Have a Merry Christmas.

4 Likes

@Michael126 Welcome aboard! Another anchor clanker. Keep the faith.

3 Likes

Happy Holidays to all.

4 Likes

Elite member of the USCCA, interested in receiving my CPL for the state of MI, interested in learning all that I can. F

4 Likes

Welcome to all the new Ladies and Gentlemen!!

We are glad to have you here!!
From my family to yours…MERRY CHRISTMAS!
&& A Happy New Year!

4 Likes

Happy Holidays to you and your family

4 Likes

Hello ya all. Name is Smiddy. Retired USAF, disabled but ambulatory. Desert Storm guy.
Carry a Kimber 5" 1911 in 45 ACP n have for years. If I carry a BUG, it’s another 5" 1911. Both IWB in Clinger holsters. I carry a 45 because they dont make a 46. And seriously, a 50 DE is a bit much!
This is my first post at all.
Biggest interests are hardware and reloading with Dillon RL550c.

6 Likes

Thank you for your service, sir!

My grandfather who him and I were really close also was retired USAF.
Matter of fact…
If you are fimilar with Barksdale AFB (I know you atleast heard of it) is where I’m located…well right by it.

3 Likes

And to you and yours. Merry Christmas.

4 Likes