Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Forgot me or have I been removed. Respectfully asked.

William

2 Likes

Hi William - I’m not sure what you’re referring to?

3 Likes

Three boys(25,14,12), two girls(19,17). Right now, the boys are all about video games, and the girls are all about being teenagers. The oldest is starting to think about the reality of CCW, and just recently the two girls have come to my wife and I saying they want to go shoot. So, there’s hope. We don’t force the interest, we only made sure that they knew the safety and responsibility. I’m happy to say that any of them would ask permission, then properly clear and make safe a firearm they wanted to look at.

5 Likes

Hello! I am new and I was attempting to be humors some here. I have been reading many

and listening to video to learn how be better. Some areas I can help and other people to

give them to the higher qualified people. You listed many addresses on one of you emails

and I was only joking, but I do care. I want and desire to be a Gun Safety Advocate too.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mikentexas and Thank You for your Service. You will find other veterans in the community just like me. We all love sharing information and even more we like learning new things too. Please share what you can. We have many topics to cover almost anything.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Gregory1. Thank You for your Service. I am a Veteran of the US Navy (1980-84).

I think our state (New Jersey) has California beat with the restrictions. While you have to prove to your local PD that you have a reason to carry a CW, we basically have to have been threatened, attacked (physically), shot at, or more and then try to explain to a County Judge why we need to carry concealed. We also can only carry 10 rounds if we can carry. We can’t have more than 10 round clips in our home also. There are also ammo restrictions. I’ve heard from some residents of California who when they looked up about New Jersey that they said they were glad that they lived in CA. :laughing:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @John12. Good luck with getting a CW. Not sure how strict your state is but ours is impossible in New Jersey.

Welcome to the community @Rob71. Good luck on your CCW as well.

Welcome @FLAG_Mark. Sounds like you have it all under control. Good luck with the new training business.

4 Likes

And hi @William_H :grin: happy to see you on this thread too :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. I enjoy all this and it is a great help to know what others are
going through. I appreciate everyone. I have just started to work on a
security team at my church and everything helps. Much to learn.

William Smith

5 Likes

Hello all,

Like many others here, I grew up in Southern California. I then spent several years in Northern Ca and Southern Or (yes, I had a California carry permit).

I then spent several years out of the country and when I returned I took a job in Kansas, which is where I am now. I am not much of a hunter, my hunting has been more social with friends. The same with target shooting, I do not compete formally.

I am more of an informal shooter. I have several, and have found a preference for, 380 acp. pistols. While, like most others, I have an AR, my preference in rifles is bolt action on wood.

Other than that, I ride my bicycle to work, by choice. I read a bit. Oddly enough, for work related reasons, I got into LEGO (AFOL). I am a bit of a boring person; the good part of that is that I won’t bore people with “lifestyle” posts. The last time I posted on Facebook was about ten years ago. As I write this I am listening to the weekly audio edition of The Economist.

So, thats me, Hello all!

9 Likes

Welcome Hasaf,

If you see a topic (or want to start one) that interests you, jump right in.

3 Likes

Welcome all!!! This is a great place, yinz will love it!!!

3 Likes

@Gregory1. Since you are a prior Law Enforcement officer, have you checked into LEOSA for obtaining your permit? Section 1 is for active law enforcement, but section 2 is for " qualified retired law enforcement officers". Not sure if it pertains to your situation but certainly worth looking into.

3 Likes

Hi Dawn Thank you for your welcome to the community. I am excited and honored to be a part of this great community! I am proud to be a 2nd amendment American and supporter. I am a Florida resident and I am 59 years old. Once again thank you for your wonderful warm welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Hasaf.

It sounds like you like information so any you have to share would be greatly appreciated. Also, we have many different Categories and Topics that you might find interesting so, Dive right in and find something you might like to learn about. Also, you can ask any member of this community for suggestions. We are a very sharing community.

4 Likes

My sister Shawn lives in Naples, which part of FL are you from?

4 Likes

Hello NJ thanks for your service as well.
Sounds as if New Jersey’s a tough one too. We have the 10 round clip limit as well.

3 Likes

Hello Gary,
Appreciate the info.

4 Likes

I am a retired USAF MSgt. I spent 20 years in Security Police/Security Forces doing everything from nuclear security to law enforcement to antiterrorism. I now work for the FAA as an Aviation Safety Inspector. I am an NRA instructor teaching NC concealed carry courses among other things and own an FFL.

6 Likes

Welcome @Brandon1, and thank you for your service.

4 Likes