Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

For sure! If you’re interested, look up Train and Learn 2023 - Memorial Day Weekend and get signed up HERE. This event WILL sell out quick and would highly suggest it. :slight_smile: Follow us on Instagram and can see highlights from this years event.

4 Likes

Hi all. I am new here.
At the beginning of this year, my wife expressed high interest in self protection, due in part to alot of the idiocy we keep seeing since the pandemic.
To this point I had a very subcompact Sig that sat around mostly in a locked box for a few years. We had bought it about 5 years ago when we were doing alot of RV camping. After shooting a few times I was not happy with it just sat.
With her major interest now, we went to the local range and took a basic class, traded in the Sig for a full size FN for me and a SW Shield EZ for her.
She loved the range time so we are now members. We both took the CCW class and have been spending alot more time looking into our home defense.
It has been a fun experience for both of us.
It is amazing how once you start, you seem to think nothing of spending $$$ on more items. We now have four pistols and a shotgun in the house and are working diligently to improve our skills. Took two handgun courses and eventually plan on taking more in depth defensive pistol training.
We signed up with USCCA at the recent Sig Freedom Days event in early May.
Neither of us actually carry just yet. Still getting our feet wet in this area, but have laid out the home pretty well. No kids for us which gives more leeway to what we can do.
I have found a ton of very helpful info on this site and hope to be able to give back to the community here at some point.

12 Likes

@Bill170 and Wife, welcome to our community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Bill170

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Bill170 and wife and God bless you both.

6 Likes

Welcome Bill! Glad you joined us and if you have any questions that haven’t been answered within the feed, reach out. There is a ton of resources at your fingertips and glad you’re taking the steps for continued education. Stay well and stay safe! :us: :us:

6 Likes

Hi Everyone, I have been a member for several months. I am a retired LEO and an 8 year USAF veteran. Prior to retiring, I was an IALEFI certified Master Instructor (3 gun) as well as an FBI certified Firearms Instructor (3 gun). I held several other LE instructor certifications. I am enjoying retirement and still qualify annually to maintain my HR218 CCW. I hope to devote more time to the forums and maybe assist in answering questions that may fall within my areas of experience.

12 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @WDB444 and God bless you.

6 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service @WDB444 :us:

5 Likes

@Bill170 Welcome to the Community! Glad your here!

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and sister @Bill170 , glad you could join us.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @WDB444 , glad you could join us. Thank you for your service.

4 Likes

Welcome @WDB444! Hope you enjoy the community!

2 Likes

Thank each of you for the warm welcome, and thanking me for my service. It was my honor.
Thank you all. I am looking forward to good conversations and new friendships.

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @Lu-Can :confetti_ball::balloon::tada:

4 Likes

Have a great day and celebrate your Birthday! @Lu-Can

3 Likes

Thank you brother.

3 Likes

Thank you my brother.

5 Likes

As always…Welcome to all the new folks

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Day @Lu-Can , the only day you know you can have your cake and eat it too.:grinning::birthday:

5 Likes