Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Happy Birthday Day @Lu-Can , the only day you know you can have your cake and eat it too.:grinning::birthday:

5 Likes

Hello, Noel, I’m a former teacher and railroad engineer. Before becoming disabled I was an avid hunter and always had a handgun to play with. These crazy times have got me thinking about not being able to physically defend myself so I bought a Walther PDP that I love and took a conceal and carry class. I shoot once or twice a week and check out the training videos.

6 Likes

Welcome @Noel14! I hope you find the Protector Academy as fulfilling as I do. I’ve been working through the various training videos and think they provide a good introduction to the various topics centered around personal defense. Also, depending on which state you’re in there are various organizations which work to help those that are disabled to get out for a hunt.

5 Likes

Hello! I am new here and new to gun ownership and concealed carry. I am so grateful that there is a community of experienced people that can provide support here. It feels safer already! :slight_smile: I am a civilian and mental health professional that is interested in hearing thoughts about how gun owners can foster a healthy mindset so everyone is safe and healthy both physically and mentally. Outside my profession, I am generally interested in self-defense and sports shooting as well. I can’t wait to hear insights from others!

14 Likes

Welcome @PBLorenzo to the community, I’m sure you will find a vast amount of knowledgeable people here. If you haven’t yet you might want to work through some of the classes in the Protector’s Academy. https://my.usconcealedcarry.com/ Also, if you are interested in sport shooting you might be interested in the USPSA and looking for a local group. Welcome to USPSA - USPSA.ORG They are centered on practical shooting and a fun way to spend an afternoon.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the resources! I will definitely look into USPSA. It’s definitely something I would love to do for fun.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family @PBLorenzo and you are in the right place at the right time.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @PBLorenzo

7 Likes

Welcome @PBLorenzo ! You are at the right place for responsible gun owners and unlimited training resources. As I have told countless gun owners for over 30 years, Choose a carry/home self-defense firearm you feel comfortable with (fits your hand well) and has the power that is capable of protecting you and your family. Invest in practice ammo, a lot of practice ammo. Seek out a qualified gun range. By qualified, I mean a qualified instructor on site. Your goal is to achieve a level of muscle memory down to fine motor skills that will allow you to operate and manipulate your firearm safely by feel and instinct while focusing your senses on your surroundings and possible or actual threats. Sorry I got a little wordy there, but once an instructor, always an instructor. Welcome again, you are among friends and qualified helpful people.

7 Likes

Welcome, PBLorenzo!

I am also in the mental health field. I’m an LPC in Wisconsin. There have been numerous discussions on this forum about mental health and red flag laws. As a gun owner and mental health practitioner, I’m sure you will be able to add to the discussion.

Glad you are here! Welcome!!!

7 Likes

I’m Robert from Texas. My training and experiences come from 14yrs. in the military as well as a combat veteran. I train routinely every other week along with range time, ammo permitting. I personally carry a Ruger security 9 or a Springfield xd9 mod 2 subcompact, depending on dress or situations attending.
Thank you for adding myself to the community.

9 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Robert1293 and God bless you.

7 Likes

God bless you and your family brother. I see you are retired NYPD, both my son and daughter in law are both current NYPD.

6 Likes

That is awesome brother @Robert1293 and may God keep them safe at all times and thank them for their service for me.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Robert1293 thank you for your service :us:

7 Likes

Welcome @Robert1293 Thank you for your service!

5 Likes

Welcome to the family sister @PBLorenzo ,glad you could join us.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Robert1293 ,glad you could join us. Thank you for your service.

6 Likes

Happy belated Birthday @Lu-Can !

7 Likes