Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

will I made it back here. ha, love this USCCA stuff doing as much as I can everyday, got my level 1 patch. Learning alot. thank all of you here for all you do to keep us all informed. and ready for whats out there. I really need to go and check out one of your training classes soon. Money and ammo is problem lately. with the covid thing and this administration trying to kill the 2A. prices are skyrocketing. I’m not old, 58 ,on workers comp /s.s because of an injury at work, can’t do, that career anymore, in construction. want to go to school, ha, yea at my age, to be gunsmith or firearm instructor. going through this covid thing I did Stratford career inst. online school in gunsmithing, finish in 3 1/2 months got a Diploma but didn’t get to work or touch any firearms. except my own. I love cleaning and taking apart (to an extent) my guns just as much as shooting them. and teaching or showing friends how to shoot and be safe. so any one of these seem to be a good career move for me, anything in the firearms. since climbing ladders and carrying heavy things aren’t an option anymore. Don’t know why I didn’t try or do this many many years ago… Carry, be safe,
and God bless,

5 Likes

Hi Calvin,

I never really thought of a good alternative. Do you have any suggestions? I carry a knife all the time, but I don’t care to get in a knife fight. I have always carried one as a tool not a weapon.

2 Likes

Welcome! I carry a pocket knife, for me a tool but not unheard of as a weapon.:wink: Also carry a tactical pen, again more of a tool and a very small 1 or maybe 2 shot pepper spray on my carabiner with my keys.
I rarely go without my CCW, and I wouldn’t want to rely on my skills with the knife or pen, but I do have options. Of course you could bring an angry woman with you, something all men fear. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I carry my knife as more of a tool, as well. I like to carry pepper spray as my alternative defense. It is very effective and I do not have to be within arms reach to use it. It gives me a great opening to evade a situation. I have been carrying the Sabre brand that is carried in Walmart, but I am going to be getting the POM brand next time. It is a smaller container and comes with a pocket clip on it.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: :tipping_hand_man: :tipping_hand_man: :tipping_hand_man: By. :us:

2 Likes

Your Father-in-laws service has nothing to do with you. Perhaps you should emulate him. :us:

3 Likes

You probably have, but not for the reasons you believe.

3 Likes

I haven’t been on in a while so WELCOME new members. Be safe, be trained, be vigilant, be smart…and most of all be invovled in the preservation off the 2A.

3 Likes

Like Thomas, has been sometime since my last trip through the new member section. I was on about 2500th post and didn’t realize my count was much greater than that.

To all new members, welcome. Be sure to hit the training videos and information information available here with USCCA. Great training outfit and allot of great folks with allot of knowledge. Again welcome

4 Likes

New member here GW Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 Likes

Welcome Gregory, wonderful helpful community here as well as training and peace of mind.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Gregory_S2 and you are blessed to be here.