Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Thanks, I enjoy the benefits.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service!! And even thou I have my concealed I don’t get to carry as often as I want as well!!’ But I agree with your wife!! Sometimes just to know the guns are there when needed!!!

4 Likes

Hello, my name is nick and ive had guns for years, but i just got my CPL (michigan) this year. I have learned an astonishing amount from USCCA! The best investment I’m currently enrolled in. I pray to god above that i never need to use my EDC but if i need to protect life I’m glad to have the USCCA community with me.

8 Likes

@Nicholas107 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Nicholas107 ,glad you could join us.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Nicholas107 and God bless you.

2 Likes

k, let’s do this again…I’m Smiddy. Have been a member multiple times, this time I bought an annual membership so will be here a minute. See, last year, the VA decided to screw up my disability pay and cut it by 33% for bout 6 months, so I deemed membership here an unnecessary expense for a minute. As you see, I’m back. USCCA is solid.

I’m a vet of Desert Storm, served with B-52 wing in the sandbox. That’s all I have to say on that.
After that, I was injured in line-of-duty, retired on permanent disabiliity. Been in pain since July 29, 1991, every waking moment as a result. Thing is, I don’t give up on anything, so still gutting it out and hoping something will come along to give some relief, still.

“Responsibly Armed” is what i believe in being, and the USCCA has so many tools to facilitate that, they’re a top shelf organization for anyone who carries IMO.

So, hello again to those I’ve seen before, and hello to those I’ve not.

I pray for everyone’s safety and to not need to use that EDC gun, but also pray that if you must, you do it well and be the one sleeping at home that night.

Ya all take care :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome @Smiddy and thank you for your service .

3 Likes
  • Who are you?

I’m a responsibly armed citizen in Rhode Island

• What got you interested in carrying and self-defense?

I’ve always been interested in carrying and self-defense, but the events of 2020 pushed me to take the leap.

• How long have you been training for your self-defense?

I’ve only been training with firearms for about a year, but I’ve been training more generally in self defense all my life.

• What formal training have you had?

I’ve taken several courses at my local gun range. These include courses for legal aspects of concealed carry in my state specifically, general concealed carry, pistol marksmanship, drawing from concealment, shooting on the move, tourniquet application under stress, home invasion preparedness, others. I take as many courses as I can.

• What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten regarding your self-defense?

The only person who can keep me safe is myself, because I’m the only one who will always be there.

• What’s your favorite gun?

Tough one, but probably my XDS mod.2 9mm.

• How often do you train?

As often as I can afford to, but at least a range day every other week with a variety of drills incorporating shooting at various ranges and some dummy rounds.

• How have you gotten your friends and family involved?

I haven’t really gotten them involved much yet.

• What do you hope to learn from others in the USCCA Community?

Anything I can, but more drills, de-escalation techniques, home defense, how to converse with anti-gun people constructively.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @XDallThings and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service brother @Smiddy

3 Likes

Welcome back to the family brother @Smiddy :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Hi everyone. I go by Jon. I’m from Tyler TX and I am new to CC. Only been carrying for about a year. I’m very impressed with what I’ve seen here in the community and with the level of professionalism exhibited by the USCCA. I’m looking forward to getting to know folks and learning new things. I can’t carry everyday, but I do as often as I can. Thanks for having me.

7 Likes

Jon - welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Christofer1 , glad you could join us. Have paper and pen at hand because there is a lot of great information shared on here.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Christofer1 and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

@Christofer1
Welcome to the community!!!
Funny, my son’s middle name is after Tyler Tx. We were living in Bossier City, LA when he was born, and my wife kept hearing different news stations mention Tyler, Tx, said, “that’d be a good name.” So he has my first name, but goes by Tyler, his middle.

Have to agree with you regarding USCCA and professionalism…they seem to be synonymous.

Best wishes, post questions, I promise tons of answers and opinions will follow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Christopher1. We are happy to have you here. Since you can’t carry every day, what alternatives do you carry to help you to be a prepared defender?

4 Likes

will I made it back here. ha, love this USCCA stuff doing as much as I can everyday, got my level 1 patch. Learning alot. thank all of you here for all you do to keep us all informed. and ready for whats out there. I really need to go and check out one of your training classes soon. Money and ammo is problem lately. with the covid thing and this administration trying to kill the 2A. prices are skyrocketing. I’m not old, 58 ,on workers comp /s.s because of an injury at work, can’t do, that career anymore, in construction. want to go to school, ha, yea at my age, to be gunsmith or firearm instructor. going through this covid thing I did Stratford career inst. online school in gunsmithing, finish in 3 1/2 months got a Diploma but didn’t get to work or touch any firearms. except my own. I love cleaning and taking apart (to an extent) my guns just as much as shooting them. and teaching or showing friends how to shoot and be safe. so any one of these seem to be a good career move for me, anything in the firearms. since climbing ladders and carrying heavy things aren’t an option anymore. Don’t know why I didn’t try or do this many many years ago… Carry, be safe,
and God bless,

6 Likes

Hi Calvin,

I never really thought of a good alternative. Do you have any suggestions? I carry a knife all the time, but I don’t care to get in a knife fight. I have always carried one as a tool not a weapon.

3 Likes