Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Merci pour l’accueil

1 Like

I did not know how teaching 4-H would come to be one of my fondest memories.
What got me started, I was laid up from a surgery and was not allowed to move my shoulder at all and my wife asked about me taking pistol training and I did shooting off handed and next thing I know I had all but living history and coordinator.
Got to love them kids.

3 Likes

Howdy Y’all,
My name is Joe O’Brien. I am a US Army Vet (medically retired). I was stationed in Ft Hood Texas with the 1st Cav Division. I always was for guns and the 2nd amendment. I grew up conservative and never touch or shot a gun until I enlisted into the Army. Less then 2 months after I got out I got my first firearm. I got a a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. First gen. Since then I have own and bought 10 different guns. I current carry a Glock 19 Gen 3. I have always owned smith and Wesson because I felt like they where my first love because that was the very first gun I had bought. (sorry bout me geeking out). But anyways I bout my first Glock 19 feb of 2020. I don’t go to the range as much due to my dwindling supply of ammo. But I used to go to a flat range about 2 maybe 3 times a month. No I usually only go about 1 a month if that. I do a lot of dry fire drills at home. Im, in the process of buying a Mantis X. I forget which model but I would be able to use it both for dry fire practice and live fire to better help with getting data and being more proficient. I have had my CCW permit for a few months now. I am going to be taking some more defensive class in the near future as well as getting into a pistol competition with the dream of dong not only pistol competitions but 3 gun as well.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Joseph262 and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Semper Fi Devil Dog!

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Brian. I’m a new gun owner, who just completed CC training about a month ago. Desire to protect my family by learning responsible gun handling and self-defense. Been doing a little range time and some dry fire training, but mostly reading through Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals by Michael Martin.

8 Likes

Welcome all. Recognize the feeling also Luis. :blush:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Joseph262 @Crimsonbri

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! There is a lot of information in here as well as good people. Feel free to ask questions because that is why we are all here.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Crimsonbri and god bless you.

1 Like

Is that Maddog or Murtog ?

2 Likes

Welcome @Joseph262 , glad to have you aboard, Joe! Thank you for your service too!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, @Crimsonbri ! Thanks for joining us, Brian!

1 Like

I’m Jim, NRA instructor out here in California (though my heart is elsewhere). No military or LEO background (thank you to those who have served). I teach the basics to new shooters and enjoy giving people a good start . I also RSO at a number of ranges. Thanks for having me here!

9 Likes

Welcome to the family @Fukuro and god bless you.

1 Like

@Fukuro , welcome to the Community.
I’m glad you finally introduced yourself :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Fukuro glad you’re here. :us: :us:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

You brought it up so, I want to inquire. Where is elsewhere?

3 Likes

I’m a native Californian but I don’t like the firearm laws! It was much different when I was younger (I’m 60), but those days are long gone now. With so many states going open carry, it’s easy to wish for a new home state. For now I’ll just keep “fighting the fight” out here.

3 Likes

With family that lives in the same area it makes it worth sticking around them and not be a Spector.

2 Likes