Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Good afternoon. I am John Cook, and am now considered a Mississippi resident. We moved here in the mid-1980’s and never left. Still have family in Southern California, so I talk to them a lot. Mom will be 92 this year so we are blessed to still have her. I joined the US Army straight out of high school. I did that because my father had served during Korea. I served during the end of Vietnam, 1973-1976 as 11B Infantry. Found out I could shoot and repeat the hits reliably with the machine gun I carried. After leaving the Army I joined the US Army Reserves until we moved here. Spent most of the next 30 years as a tech for a local University. Could not carry there because of the local laws, but as soon as I called it a Career, I got my CCW and have carried ever since. Listened to a podcast with Mark Walter’s and have been a USCCA member ever since. Sorry it has taken so long for me to develop this introduction but I am working again and busy most of the time. I like what I do, and am very close to my local sheriff and his parents, so I have no worries. God bless you all.

5 Likes

Forgive my lack of manners…

My name is Jim. I’m an NRA Instructor and CRSO out here in the “people’s republic of California”. I’m glad to be joining all of you here!! Many thanks to all! :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard.
ANATA WA HANASEMASU KA ?
:us:

1 Like

Nihongo ha amari hanasema sen.

Sorry @Blacky , although I’m"hapa" I only learned some Hawaiian Pidgin street talk… But I’m working on it.

Arigato, Blacky-san!

You are doing a good job and the uscca is lucky to have you

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @William632 and God bless you.

2 Likes

E KOMO MAI Fukuro.
:us::us::us:

2 Likes

Aloha, Mahalo Bruddah!

1 Like

@Fukuro no problem, welcome to the family, so glad you came.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, glad to be a part of the community.

5 Likes

I think I read 10 other posts of yours before this one. Welcome.

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, have been a member a year but never tuned in to the community until now. I am fixing to go on vacation in North Carolina. I have concealed carry permit for Florida, Will that permit be legal in Georg, South Carolina and North Carolina as I am driving. Thank you.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Sandra7 and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Hey @Sandra7 if you check your USCCA portal and go to reciprocity and click on your home state it will show you different colors and tell you which states have reciprocity with your CCW. If you click on the states you are intending to travel through it will give you their states laws. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

South Carolina accepts Florida Resident permits but not Non Resident.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! I hope you come back and visit us some more.

3 Likes

Man this is a long thread. Welcome to all…

5 Likes

More like paracord😉

4 Likes

That’s why I stop by every once in a while. I really like Paracord…

5 Likes

Thanks Chief

2 Likes