Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the family @Fukuro and God bless you.

2 Likes

Welcome and enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

I am Sebastian, currently live in Ohio.

Bought my first gun in CA after seeing Katrina and how it disrupted society. CA has earthquakes and I didn’t want to be defenseless. So my first experience was an ordeal of red tape and dumb laws like you can’t buy your firearm and ammo on the same transaction.

Moved to Ohio and got my CCW. What a relief.

I regularly take courses about every three years to just keep reminding myself. I used to practice every other week, but now more like every other month. As a result, I’ve transitioned to 9mm for EDC as my control with that seems to be very easy where higher calibers needed practice.

Decided to get insurance after seeing cases like the St Louis couple, Detroit couple, Kyle, etc…

11 Likes

Welcome to the family @Fukuro and @Sebastian6! We are glad y’all found us!

2 Likes

#Sebastian6. Welcome to the family, I know you will find information that is handy and will be awaiting good information from you

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m retired and USCCA has been a great part of helping me understand to defend myself and family from potential threats. I’m new to all this and hope to learn about your experience using a CCW. I just walked out of the house carrying a 38 and it felted a little scary. I know that I will feel better as time goes on. Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
Sincerely,
Luis45

7 Likes

Welcome to the family, brother! We are glad to have you with us! Try carrying while you are at the house doing whatever to get more comfortable with it. I carried around the house for a while before I was comfortable going out wherever. It’s something that helped me, maybe it’ll help you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you, I will take your advice. Good to meet you.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Luis45 and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Hello my name is Owen. I am a retired U.S. Army Warrant Officer. I have serve the Both as a Soldier and Civilian I recently fully retired after 43 years of total Federal Service. I am a three time Combat veteran with two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. During my tenure as a government man I have lost many good friends to fighting on the battlefield. To date those losses still haunt me. I am also an Ordained Baptist Pastor and previous Adjunct College Professor teaching both Criminal Justice and Business Management. I currently live in Hawaii and am licensed to carry in both Arizona and Virginia. Though Hawaii is a very gun- unfriendly state I still ensure my home is protect and though Hawaii can be Heavenly, it’s not Heaven so being prepared for every eventuality is paramount. I love my wife of 45 years and will do all in my power to keep her safe in the event a threat arise. When I travel to the mainland (I.e. Texas, Oklahoma and other states that recognize my Conceal Carry Permit) I am armed… USCCA provide me the necessary protection I need in the event the unthinkable and unexpected happens .Having been a Soldier i full understand the need for personal situation awareness and the combat mindset. I have seen upfront close and personal the devastating ravages of war and armed conflict. I know the destructive power of firearms and the carnage that can be left in its wake when employed. So my desire is to deescalate conflict and avoid areas that have the greatest potential of danger. But if I need to defend my wife, property or loved ones I will as I did as a Soldier. Insurance of any kind is a transference of risk and an added measure of security I wholeheartedly endorse. I am glad to be a member of the USCCA Family and encourage like minded responsible gun owners to do the same. My Son is also a Soldier, he is a Lieutenant Colonel and a legally armed citizen and I have encourage him to join. I gave Uncle Sam almost a half century of service and now my remaining years of service belongs solely to my wife and very best good friend (VBGF). Blessing and stay safe family. BTW, just call me “Chief” it’s a title I cherish.

9 Likes

Thank you for your service, and welcome to the family, chief! We are glad to have you with us!

3 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

A mindset we all carry as CC holders, regardless of whether or not we were soldiers, such as you. Though most states do not recognize defense of property as a legal use of lethal force, therefore in those states we do not employ lethal force in the protection of property.

I am a Virginia resident, so if you are ever in VA, send me a PM, I will gladly be your host.

4 Likes

No worries :+1: Good to meet you as well, sir.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Owen1 and God bless you and thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Welcome all new members. A hearty salute to you Owen1!!! I’m retired Navy…be well bro!!!

3 Likes

welcome to the family, we are very pleased you are a part of the USCCA family.

2 Likes

welcome to our USCCA family sir.i to have served, only wished i could have gave as much time as you sir. Looking forward in sharing CC info.

2 Likes

Hi, y’all!
Greetings from the Metro Atlanta area, from a 70-year-old patriot who has been shooting for >60 years and has been a USCCA member since 2011.
We love, support, and actively promote the USCCA! (We’re just not big social media types–sorry.)
Grace and blessings to all–stay healthy and safe out there!

6 Likes

@Edward13 welcome my brother, looking forward to the sharing of information , stay safe and carry every day.

2 Likes