Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

@Andy6

Once things start getting back to semi normal I would go out a place like Bass Pro Shop/Cabalas or something local that will let you fondle their guns (I like fondling).

Once you find a few which feel right in your hand the next step is to find a range or ranges that rent the guns you would like to try out.

In the mean time while the world is still afraid of its own shadow go with Brad’s suggestion

It is always time well spent doing research.

Don

3 Likes

To big overall? You can get a RAP Compact. Also, don’t overlook the Security 9. Ruger makes good guns.

2 Likes

Hey Fizbin, thank you for you sound advice!

Andy

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice!

Andy

3 Likes

Thank you Brad!

2 Likes

To all you great Patriots, thank you for your excellent insights and advise on the “conceal carry” firearms!

Andy

5 Likes

Glad to be here, from the Last Best Place, Montana

5 Likes

Hi, I am Johan. I am an immigrant. Former UN. Former Merc. Former Fed. I live in the fifth largest economy of the world [as of 2020 pre-Covid-19]. I am a liberal and I believe in all parts of the constitution. I EDC in most states [not Washington, Oregon, nor Hawaii]. I believe in insurance as I know ending someone is to “take away everything someone’s got and all they are ever gonna have”.
I carry both light and heavy artillery, and spray for those with sensitive noses.
My biggest beef with California gun laws is the 10 round magazine restriction for CCW holders, though it has taught me to reload really quickly and carry hide many magazines on my body. :wink:

6 Likes

William…welcome…I grew up in Great Falls! Left MT in 1993. MarkinMT is also from MT…I think that is his handle, off the top of my short memory…

4 Likes

Welcome…all…great variety of folks here…from over achievers (Mikes word of the day) to OWB, IWB, pocket, chest rigs…guns long and short…holy moly!!! Welcome all!!!

4 Likes

YES SIR…word of the day “overachievers”! Thanks Mike…maybe you could be in charge of the word of the day program. My vocab has diminished over the years, guess I am not as smart as our 16yo LOL!!!

5 Likes

Lots of folks here from VA and WV! Welcome!!

4 Likes

Welcome @George80! Very true! Please only share what you’re comfortable with sharing! There are questions throughout the Community about what you prefer, you definitely don’t have to answer them or you can answer them hypothetically :smiley: We want you to be safe in every aspect - including online.

@Johan, welcome to the Community. Everyone is welcome here no matter what their political affiliation! I know there are other liberals here, even if they’re not vocal about it. What matters is that we all want to protect our families it the best, smartest way possible and we can agree on that. And what works for each of us may very well be different. Glad to have you here!

6 Likes

Welcome ladies and gents!

Sorry haven’t been around lately but will say I’ve been missing it!

4 Likes

I noticed you were missing. Welcome back.

6 Likes

Thanks bro! Means a lot!

5 Likes

Chris…Cumberland County here! You?

4 Likes

Sir, I am grateful to have taken Emergency First Aid and I have my Trauma kit along with my
entire survival and first aid kit. I carry it in the car everywhere I go.

Have a question for you an it seems not many have the an answer for it. I enjoy the live fire train and practice, but I also like taking E-Learning classes and I have been working on this for 4 years now.
I just took the Range Safety Officers course to qualify, but is that course as a Pre Qualification Course to get to the next step? The major qualification class and exam. I enjoyed the course and learn and renew many new things there and I receive my certificate as well in APRIL. How may I get caught up here and how can I get the course qualifications on STOP THE BLEED. I am from Florida and so far I have not seen that course anywhere, YET. Thank you very much.

6 Likes

Just a short intro due to the lack of interesting things to say. I like Firearms, Motorcycles and my machine shop here at the house.
Back when most of my grey cells were working I made my living in the Aerospace engineering along with 100,000 of my closest friends in Southern Calif. Grew up in Orange County Calif, at that time it was so far to the right even the cars could not turn left.
Left 25 years ago and currently live on a 100 acre farm, NO close neighbors, perfect.

Larry

7 Likes

Hey @larry84 , Welcome to the forum! Where are you at. We’re in the Hill Country of central Texas.

5 Likes