Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome your in the right place to learn a wealth of experience and knowledge

5 Likes

Wow “Top 50”… I just checked my summary… 9 day read time. And just last month my parole officer said I couldn’t pay attention for more than five minutes. Showed him!

And a special shout out to @RocketPak for posting 134,647 gun memes in one night!

13 Likes

Welcome everyone. And to all you overachievers, keep up the good work!

8 Likes

Posted once and probably more as time permits. :slight_smile: Been a member since of USCCA since 2011.
I am 74 and been around firearms all my life. Grew up in Il on a farm where we hunted for the dinner table.
Moved to CA years back with the new spouse when it was a free state and not the current ‘peoples republic of ca’.
After retirement bought a house in NV which is still a free state. Got my CCW permit years back and on-going training.
As I have aged I have found that I have gone away from the .45 / .44 & ,41 mag to the easier for me to shoot & carry the compact .40 & 9mm.
Enjoy the site and leaning new things.

8 Likes

I’m a Marine veteran of OIF/OEF 3/4. I have been carrying for several years and have practiced as much as I can at a local outdoor range. I got USCCA after looking into them because I live in a fairy violent town, Kansas City Missouri, and I was almost involved in a shootout with a drug dealer that lived next door. I figured I needed this as extra coverage for the aftermath of a violent encounter. I am going through the training videos sent as the welcome gift as I have time. I really like the support I have encountered here so far.

11 Likes

Welcome all. Enjoy the site, contribute when you can. We all learn from each other no matter the experience. Everyone has something to contribute.

5 Likes

Don’t know if I’ve gave my background, I’m 41 (and dawn, I call bull crap, there’s no way you’re 74 :grin:), I served in the USMC just shy of 8 years with 2 back to back tours in Iraq and was retired do to medical. I was trained on firearms by my grandfather starting at 8 years old.

I’ve been carrying for about 3 years now and a member since day one. I personally carry a Rock Island 1911 and a SR9 daily. I practice either dry firing with a laser bullet or on my firing range set up for self defense. I live in the country outside Blooming Prairie, MN on a hobby farm.

I am disabled at this point in my life, but I still have the skill and the knowledge at my disposal. I’m more than happy to help anyone that asks.

8 Likes

I hope nobody minds if I keep this short, but its scary how much information can be collected about anyone from the net given time, persistence and some deductive reasoning.

I’m currently living in Northern Virginia and as a child, had a strong interest in history which then turned into an interest in weapons and firearms. While I’ve been to the range here and there through the years, I haven’t owned a firearm until recently because several of my friends have liberal and anti-gun leanings.
I lived in a seemingly safe neighborhood and avoided the not-so-nice areas of town so I didn’t feel the need to own a firearm. Things changed shortly before the current COVID crisis when I returned home one day and noticed the lock cylinder from the deadbolt on my front door lying on the ground. It looks like someone tried to force the lock, but didn’t have time or the right tools.

I was fortunate to be able to arm up before the current panic and get my CWP. I’m here to learn what works and doesn’t work for others with regards to EDC and home defense.

12 Likes

@George80 Welcome to the community. This is a good place to learn. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey everyone. I’m Brock Murphy and I reside in West Virginia. I am hoping to get to know everyone while we all talk about everything there is known to man.

11 Likes

Beautiful state. I love traveling there.

7 Likes

We may be one the fattest and poorest states but we sure are one of the most beautiful. I think when it comes to landscape, WV is number one

7 Likes

You’re right, but it is more than that to me. The people are always the kindest and most genuine of any state that we travel through. The food is delicious, especially if you like homemade pies and cakes. There is a real lack of officers (any any others, really) on the road, so it is great for motorcycling without the harassment we would normally get in VA/NH/MA, etc.

7 Likes

Welcome brother, we’re at your disposal for questions.

3 Likes

bm, welcome to the family. Like it’s already been said, if you have any questions, no matter how small, between all of us here were can help.
Some opinions will differ, but there’s always a middle ground.

3 Likes

Welcome - Knowledgeable friendly people on this community

3 Likes

@Brad yeah the NE is very gorgeous, especially in the fall but the people, it’s always hit or miss on what you’re going to get when you speak to someone. That’s something about the WV/VA/eastern KY area…very humble people and would do anything for ya! The movie Wrong Turn gives us a bad rep😂

3 Likes

Greetings, you’re going to love it. It’s one of the best decisions you’ve made is what I think you’ll find.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Andy and I’m new here. I’d like to listen to recommendations for a “concealed carry” firearm? I’m a novice and currently own an “American Pistol” by Ruger. But, it’s too big to conceal carry!

Can you help me?
Andy

4 Likes

Hey @Andy6,
Since you already own a Ruger and that is what I carry as well, I’ll have to recommend the Ruger SR9C. It’s concealable, has an ambidextrous mag release and safety. There is a Round in Chamber indicator which is nice as well.

But, my primary recommendation would be to put your hand on some compacts and see what “feels” best. I trained with the SR9C’s so that is what I carry. If I could do it again, I’d probably go with a Sig as the grip fits my larger hand better.

Welcome to the forum man.

4 Likes