Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

New to the message board. Looking forward to discussing firearms/self defense/training with the group.

6 Likes

@Brantley2 Welcome to the community. This is a good place to be. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome Brantley2, we have a dear friend in the eastern part of the state with the same name!

3 Likes

Hello to all!
My name is Mark and I’m new to both concealed carry and the USCCA. I’ve been around guns since I was very young, I have a USMC father. I didn’t host the idea of having handguns in my house until my children grew up and moved away. I taught them how to use the various shotguns I’ve had in my gun case, but the idea of handguns never crossed my mind.

A close relative passed away and left me a Colt Police Positive .32 handgun. It was manufactured in 1929! Research into the guns history opened my eyes to the reasons to have handguns and their PROPER use. However, I didn’t think a 91 year old, heavy gun was going to work for CCW. It shoots fine but it has a 4" barrel - not ideal. I’ve since added a Ruger LCR 38 special and a S&W M&P 380 Shield EZ. I have a smaller Taurus Spectrum pocket gun on the way.

My wife also has a license to carry but is on the fence about actually carrying one. (I know, I know…bad) But her reasoning is, her work doesn’t allow it, the stores she shops at post NO FIREARMS at the door. She very nervous about leaving a handgun in her vehicle. I’m doing more research on how to safely store a handgun when in a vehicle. I’ll keep ya’all posted on the outcome!

I’ve taught Drivers Education for 15 years. I like to tinker DIY home remodeling and welding, and am now enjoying shooting - living in the country has that added benefit. My children are all college graduates and off living on their own. My wife and I now spend our time raising all the ‘furr-babies’ (6 goats and 3 dogs) left behind by my adoring offspring.

Living in WI, I’m very close to USCCA headquarters and spoke with my CSR John H. about calling in for a tour of the facilities. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you then.

7 Likes

@Gonzo38 Welcome to the community, Nancy and I are in WI also. This is a good place for anything guns, shooting, CC, and just plain life. We are glad to have you and your wife onboard.
Please have your wife open her own account, we have many knowledgeable women on board.
Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

3 Likes

Hello Everyone. I"m excited to be a member of the community and am looking forward to many discussions.

8 Likes

@MHJ Welcome to the community. We look forward to your discussions.
Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome Gonzo! I still remember my driver’s ed teacher very well…Great guy…welcome aboard!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard mhj!!!

4 Likes

Welcome, I am also fairly new to the community and I have gain a wealth of knowledge through this community -

7 Likes

So are you guys going to issue the cool t shirts for this years expo to your members for a low price I’ll take one XXL size please I love those USCCA t shirts😁 Patrick Clopp

2 Likes

Give us a shout at support@uscca.com, @Patrick28 :wink:

2 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! And a warm welcome to those who have visited the Community for the first time in the last week!

@Tom47, @Roque, @sweetp, @Walter24, @Cynthia7, @Jim79, @Ronald82, @StercusEnFuego, @Debra6, @Rodney16, @Daniel131, @JEREMY46, @Larry85, @Griffith, @Richard206, @James364, @Carl41, @Robert357, @Grant11, @Thomas148, @Hunter4, @Michael462, @Thomas149, @Hiten, @Garrett4, @Kirk4, @Alphan_Tejan, @Eric_j, @Judah1, @Thomas150, @Rogelio2, @Kevin120, @Mike92, @Taylenn, @Alexander15, @Juan_Carlos, @Logan11, @Nathaniel12, @Michele2, @GregS, @John370, @Tim-MI, @Ian8, @Andre10, @JohnG, @Charles43, @Gordon15, @Delwin, @George79, @Darwin3, @Kevin125, @Ray30, @Guillermo3, @Reggie, @BABATUNDE, @Zhen, @Preacherman84, @Devin_L, @Brad20, @Dan50, @Ronald83, @Todd62, @Shane23, @Gonzo38, @BrianLoch1974, @JeremyR35, @John371, @Glenn26, @George80, @Eric82, @Don46, @HapaHawaiian, @Andre11, @Donnie9, @Danny23, @James365, @Mark213, @Russ7, @Patrick68, @Levi1, @Richard207, @William_K, @Marcia1, @Stephen97, @Billy17, @John372, @Daniel132, @Darian1, @Long, @Greg44, @Mark214, @Edward80, @Ricky17, @lyndol, @DENNIS65, @Daniel133, @bmurphy315, @_jovonrobinson55, @Kurtis, @Nathan32, @Candace4, @Sujeil, @Shelby3, @Enrique3, @Michael463, @Michael464, @Jeremy47, @J_Paul, @John373, @dogtor_chris, @Syn, @Jose_A4, @Melvin14, @Matthew82, @addison1, @Schearon, @WennyPenny, @Dylan8, @Thomas151, @Nestor_L, @Garterrius, @Chaoxian, @Timothy70, @Rickey5, @Driver1914, @Lonny1, @Paula7, @Dennis66, @Amanda7, @George81, @Kelli1, @James366, @Troy18, @Brindin, @Andrew77, @Nancy11, @Duaine, @DARRYL12, @Walter25, @Tim64, @Robert368, @John374, @Mike-4545, @Duane15, @David385, @Stephen98, @Robert_Owen, @J_Steven, @Olavo, @michael465, @Ronald84, @DSWinTexas, @George82

And a special shout out to the 50 top Community users (based on post score calculated using reply count, likes, incoming links, bookmarks, time spent and read count)

@Robert15, @RocketPak, @ScottC, @BJP, @Lacy, @45IPAC, @JamesR, @MikeBKY, @Sheepdog556, @CabbageToad, @Cloudified, @Michael7, @ES16, @Greg1, @Jeff-A1, @OldGnome, @TexasEskimo, @Scott52, @Jeff4, @JustinK, @DBrogue, @Virgil_H, @Patrick47, @Spence, @Jerzees, @Brian_J, @Chris3, @Henry_A, @John150, @Paul1, @KenM, @David38, @Gary_H, @Harvey, @ScottH, @Raymond, @Brett13, @Sneezy, @Reloader54, @2A-Patriot, @luke_ouellette, @Brian1, @Craig6, @Fish, @William220, @Randall318, @DLVick38, @Fred_G, @Robert8, @John292

18 Likes

Am Babatunde Ogunwale, I just joined the Association last week, I’m in the very early stage of my self- defence journey, I can’t wait to learn from everyone of you.

15 Likes

Welcome to everyone. You’re going to love it here. Great info available. Even better people. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love this and I am so glad it exist.

9 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome and the info on the definition of “loaded” in Indiana. New to the USCCA and waiting for the lockdown to clear up to process my CCW application (everything is completed but turning it in to my local precinct when it reopens). New shooter. Taking intro classes, private lessons, going to the range twice a week (with my mask and practicing distancing which is supported big time by the gun shop) and purchasing my first firearm this week after renting and shooting a wide variety in the last month (I’ve pretty much exhausted the classes I can effectively take with rentals (I know the general procedure for taking down a 9mm but want to train with the one I’m buying.). Just trying to do things the right way. Joining USCCA was a big part of that. Thanks again.

12 Likes

Good Morning!
This community is beyond awesome. It has to be the best on-line forum of it’s kind. A rare combination of knowledge, class, civility, and common purpose. I am very glad to be a part of it. My thanks to all and our fantastic moderators.

10 Likes

Welcome to all the new members, also know as OUR FAMILY. Feel free to ask its any questions, you’ll get a lot of answers. :grin:

7 Likes

Also. For new members, feel free to check out my YouTube channel. You might get some new ideas for you EDC.

5 Likes