Weekend Training Ideas

Check this out, we all need this for sure. Very impressive. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll be more impressed when they make it fire back. :wink:

1 Like

A lot of our Tactical Tuesday training videos require movement or multiple targets which is a no go on a lot of ranges. Here’s one that should be able to do at your local range:

yes, I seem to share our older Tactical Tuesday training videos on Fridays for some reason :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Who says that women don’t rock? This is awesome, a montage of the women of USPSA, Warning, some of these women can shoot better that you think, my friend is in this, he was an RSO back then, now he’s a rangemaster. Enjoy
4 Likes

Well I went to the range today, and did a warm up by making 10 circles on the target and writing numbers 1-10 in the circles and shooting the circles (or around them). Then doing the Mozambique drill on the silhouette target to practice POI up close (shoot at the hairline to hit the brain stem) and every mag I threw in one or 2 empty brass to mimic failures when doing mag changes. I did forget what position the empties were in when I started shooting. It was good training.

2 Likes

I just worked on this last week at outdoor range

Thats something I will work on today.

IM HEADING TO THE RANGE TODAY YAYYYY. super excited.

2 Likes

Here’s an oldie but a goodie! It’s a great drill for the new shooter as well as something every level of experience should practice - clearing a type 1 malfunction.

Kevin explains it in this video from 2014… I wonder if he’s going to see that I posted this old video of him? :thinking: :wink:

If you’re at the range with a partner, have them load your magazine and put a snap cap in a random place in the magazine. It will simulate a Type 1 Malfunction and help you train for the surprise of your firearm not working.

Please know where your barrel is aimed at all times on the range! You may have to adjust how you clear the malfunction on the range so you keep the barrel down range.

3 Likes

“Your gun is not working, incoming rounds have the right of way.” That’s a good one. I always drop and retain my mag when clearing a jam, or just drop it, and put in my spare if more than half of my 12 round mag is shot out. Idk, maybe what I am doing is overkill. I’ll try it Kevin’s way.

1 Like

I make dummy ammo all the time, I keep a spent primer in the Shell, Sometimes I’ll drill a hole through the brass and chamfer it. I’ll throw 10 of these in a box of fifty rounds and load them randomly.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea, @Steve-G!

1 Like

I may need to look into that. I currently use purchased dummy ammo but when I load my magazines (NOT CLIPS), I always know where it is in the lineup so the failures aren’t always a surprise, like they should be.

3 Likes

@Fish It took me a few minutes to find it, but I love that meme!

4 Likes

The clip on the right looks like a quick loader.

1 Like

So what are y’all training on this weekend?
I’m training on being a USCCA certified trainer.

3 Likes

It’s an awesome class! Be prepared to present! :slight_smile: I loved it. I found that I learn more as I teach others - it’s a fabulous training!

1 Like

@Dawn … oooo… ok! that got a little zing of adrenaline :slight_smile:

Good to know in advance, I’ll get my head in that game now :smiley:

1 Like

Edit: asked question before researching it myself. Can’t do what i was asking about.

I missed your question before you changed it.

No matter if you want to teach or not, the training for becoming an instructor is awesome! It also helps you get over some of the anxiety of talking in front of people. (People fear public speaking more than death.)

You learn a ton and feel much more confident in the knowledge you have.

I loved it! (I also don’t mind talking in front of a group of people.)

1 Like