We need your help!

I took the survey, but a couple of questions were not easily answered Yes and No. For instance, I got into guns to hunt and target shoot, but I haven’t hunted in ten years and am now stayed with guns because of self-defense and target shooting.

And a national ‘license’ would be great, but I trust my State government a lot more than I trust DC to do the right thing. There shouldn’t be a ‘National Permit’ system for Concealed Carry beyond the Second Amendment. A safe and thinking person would want training. Just as I do not trust DC to make a fair and balanced training program any more than I would California. But our local requirement is a decent balance between no training and overboard training, still I took more defensive training classes.

I live in a rural part of the county of about 50,000 people. Still two homes about 2 miles from me have been broken into (one an invasion). Do I feel safe? Yes, I do, but not because the ‘outside world’ is a better place. The local Pizza Hut was robbed twice in six years and, door to door, it was less than 500 feet from the town’s Police station. One place small town LEOs do not hang out is at the cop shop when it’s not shift change. They’re too busy. That’s not a slam, that’s just a fact. They are also underpaid (my opinion).

1 Like

My increased concern about safety results from: (1) the emergence of BLM, ANTIFA and the acceptance of their activities - rioting, looting, arson - by city and state government; (2) movements to defund law enforcement; (3) the rise of political left-wing prosecutors - DAs and AGs.

2 Likes

The question about feeling safer is not easy to answer for me. I live in a bedroom community on the edge of L.A. County where the most common crimes are automobile theft and vandalism. The 2nd most common one is breaking into empty homes. Home invasions are extremely rare, as well as other crimes associated with big cities like murder. A few years ago I walked on a long and sparsely lit avenue alone at night to one of the few shopping centers in town. I walked back home later that night using the same avenue. I never felt any fear and I didn’t have a gun. But I don’t think I would do that now.

2 Likes

Done!
I live in southern New Mexico (blue state) within 25 miles of the Mexican border. We’re seeing lots of activity due to bidens open border policies. Lots of these illegals are not here to work, so when they need money, they turn to crime. Hispanics/Latinos are the majority in these parts and they’re even fed up with what’s happening too. My Texas neighbors better hope and pray that Beto doesn’t get elected governor.

3 Likes

I don’t consider a survey that offers only two choices for answers to be any kind of adequate survey. Most surveys that I have seen from so-called second amendment proponents have been b.s. surveys that were designed to force the answers they wanted. I am afraid this survey is M.S You all know what B.S. is, Well, M.S. is More of the Same and PhD is Piled high and Deep. I completed it but consider whatever minimal information it generates to be worth about the amount of time I spent on it which was less than two minutes.

1 Like

Done. Generally across the U.S.; no I don’t feel safer. So, I moved out of Ca. and to Idaho. I feel much safer now. My family has known how I feel about firearms, whether they agree with me or not, and they know I will express my opinion if the subject is brought up in a gathering. National reciprocity means the U.S. Congress will be involved and will make constant attacks on Concealed Carry with amendments to any bill about National reciprocity, or they will introduce legislation against aspects of concealed carry opening the door for further restrictions such a mag capacity, training, the kind of firearm someone may own, etc… Having lived in California for well over 40 years and watched the constant attacks on the citizens 2A rights with constant repressive legislation and, now knowing 2 California anti- gun former AG’s, (Harris and Becerra) are in high offices of the federal government, I anticipate the constant onslaught of anti-gun legislation and restrictions “due to health concerns”, we the people most probably will be forced to resist and or fight against with our private donations against our own tax dollar using politicians. My distrust of our politicians is founded in all those years of experience in Ca… The resistance of abusive anti-gun laws and the recognition of the rights of the U.S. citizens as denoted in the U.S. Constitution by pro 2A states like Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, Missouri, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, and the rest on a state level against federal legislation and mandates appears to be a last resort, line in the sand, and seems to be the only reasonable method of maintaining the citizens their rights at this time. This is why I prefer Concealed Carry and 2A issues handled at a state level rather than at a federal level. It is definitely more complicated. But the alternative is the ATF and an unfriendly congress mandating rules and regulations to keep them safer not me or the rest of the citizens. I also agree with several other respondents that some questions such as; “what is my interest in firearms” sporting, self defense, etc.; is too restrictive. most gun owners I know would check at least 2 to 3 of those boxes not just one box.

2 Likes

What was with the last question, “would you like your 2nd amendment restricted locally or federally”? Sounds like your typical liberal question with no good answer available. Who put out this survey, the dnc? Should have asked “who do you want to take away your 2nd amendment rights, local overlords or federal overlords”? That sounds like the only question they really wanted the answer to. Surveys usually save the question they really want to know the answer to, till last. tomorrow there will be an article out that says in a recent survey… 90% of gun owners want the states to regulate gun ownership. :thinking:

3 Likes

I think that is an easy choice. State level. Not federal.

Zero regulation of carry laws whatsoever is not currently on the table. I’d much, much rather have folks in my own state choosing than have folks in CA, NJ, HI, and NJ choosing.

I mean, pop quiz, would you rather have state of NJ laws, or your local state laws?

…and if zero regulation or nearly so is an option, who is it that’s passing that? States. Not feds.

2 Likes

done . . . some could have had more choices, or extended questions. Thank you.

2 Likes

Done!!!

1 Like

I don’t believe this was a valid survey. Too many questions forcing an answer on one side or the other. No room for disagreement or expansion of answers.

I think this is trying to get the answer that USCCA wants to hear.

4 Likes