Watch out for your kids!

Two and four legged predators out there.

Moment coyote attacks and tries to drag toddler from front garden in LA (msn.com)

8 Likes

So, should I be concerned about wildlife, animal rights or my childā€™s survival? I canā€™t imagine seeing a baby or child or anyone being attacked, mauled, eaten by such a predator. I choose the protection of my child regardless to the sensibilities of others about an animal that attacks human beings instinctively. they have no feelings; they act on instinct. And for those that study their behavior and consider them ā€œsmart,ā€ only point to the reason that they would need to be dealt with, righteously. IMHO. If itā€™s my family verses the so-called rights of the animal, my allegiance is to the safety of my family every time.

8 Likes

Yup, these are the same people who donā€™t want anyone to hunt mountain lion and bear while they lose fear of man. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Bro, I canā€™t imagine having to carry just to watch out for some ferocious animal trying to eat or maul me, that donā€™t even know, didnā€™t lobby for, with no ability to be concerned that itā€™s got rights! Iā€™m bewildered by the thought of an animal scoping me out to do me in! Geeez, talk about triple dutyā€¦ If it comes in my yard, itā€™s got a reason, duh. Itā€™s got to go, bro! I just donā€™t understandā€¦

5 Likes

These people watch too much Bambi and disney. :rofl:

7 Likes

You know whatā€¦I donā€™t think Disney would make much money if we still had, in large part, to hunt, kill, dress, and cure the meat that comes to our table. Weā€™d still be watching Daniel Boone and Davy Crokett movies. How many vegetarians would we have? I believe the strong do survive and weak wither away. Try giving me a sandwich with no meat. You may as well just put everything back! As for Disney, Iā€™ll just have to be the bad guy.

I believe youā€™re on to something. Maybe animals are losing their fear of humans because of these rights or prohibitions to take them out when they come into human populated areas.

6 Likes

Nope, I still kill, dress and cut my own meat and fish, I never understood those that had to take their deer to a processor.

8 Likes

Convenience! This is a euphemism for either being lazy, too much money, or being a gutless wonder.

5 Likes

That is absolutely true, I am from Da U.P and while not a houndā€™s man I have always said that put the fear of man in the bear population and we had very little trouble with a large bear population, as many encounters as I have had I never had to shoot one.

7 Likes

The hard part is getting the bird shot out of the fishšŸ˜

11 Likes

Good one. Been there and done that. :rofl:

9 Likes

My Dad used to hunt up there, and on his way back he would stop off in Alpena before making his way back to Detroit.

4 Likes

Couple days ago here in CT. Think the raccoon votes for Murphy and Blumenthal.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why you use dynamite. :rofl:

5 Likes

Just as long as you have a net to get the floaters :grin::grin:

6 Likes

Along the same linesā€¦

6 Likes

@Todd30 thereā€™s a drill of the month idea in this thread from both of these incidents. How to practice that safely is another discussion altogetherā€¦ Maybe pick up a doll/stuff animal from Goodwill?

4 Likes

Now, they need some shots.

4 Likes

:no_entry: DO NOT DO THIS! :no_entry_sign:
tie a stuffed animal to your foot and practice shooting it! You will shoot yourself in the foot!

DO THIS!
Teach your kids that wild animals are not pets and will bite you!
Pets are animals and if disrespected they will bite you too! Especially a cat!

Awareness-: warning, be aware of your surroundings also applies to animals. The scariest one is the mountain lion; the lion will have thought of 100 ways to kill you and where he is going to eat you before you will even know he is there and then it is too late. They are an ambush predator, and they will attack with speed and quickness.
Baby bears are cute, but momma bear isnā€™t!
Just be aware of your surroundings, that includes your children.

7 Likes

OMG. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes