WATCH: Milwaukee man mobbed by BLM activists—arrested for trying to defend his home | The Post Millennial - News, Politics, Culture, and Lifestyle

Love your icon, my favorite firearm manufacturer. So what is in your glass? I poured a 13 year-old, lightly peated cask-strength, single cask from Loch Lomond, Inchmoan, one of 247 bottles produced from that cask. It turned out to be the last dram in that bottle.

These single cask, cask-strength Scotches really give you an appreciation for what real Scotch is, and how amazing it can be. I can’t imagine the job of tasting these casks and trying to decide when is the “right” time to bottle them. I had a 41 year-old recently that was mind-blowingly amazing, it was probably not much different than it was when it was 40 years-old, or younger, even. Makes you wonder why they waited until then, not that I am complaining, it was the best I have had yet.

I now notice nuances of those flavors in some of the younger ones I enjoy. It was truly an amazing experience, especially so for my friend who got to experience a whisky older than him. An old song lyric popped into my mind as I was writing the prior sentence, life is good to me so far, by Joe Walsh. I always laughed at the lyrics.

1 Like

A few more facts trickle out:

So he was charged. He had threatened neighbors in the past. He was intoxicated the night of the arrest.

Our community has reinforced some sound logic. Don’t provoke violence. Don’t threaten folks.

5 Likes

Well you do have a point there!

3 Likes

You’re right, how could I be so blind. This must be the new world order that George H.W. Bush told us about

4 Likes

Yepp, cant say he did everything perfectly. Thank you for posting that update!

4 Likes

To drink from a cask, is now on my bucket list!

4 Likes

@Dave17 – I cannot say that I’ve tried a great variety of Scotches. I am willing to learn. From what I have tried so far, I like Talisker. And I guess by now we are completely off topic.

Thanks, I think some others here asked about the Beretta logo. A quick explanation at the link below.

2 Likes

Lol I love how this went from home defense to favorite liquor! Thanks for sharing the story behind the logo, I didnt know that; and I also agree that it looks cool!

3 Likes

And lets be more “gray man”.

While I think everyone should be able to express their political beliefs without fear of harm (like displaying a Trump Train flag in front of your house), from a practicality perspective it might not be the best idea. Just like how we don’t want to print while carrying concealed, its not a good idea to print with our politics in places where we don’t want the discourse or want to protect. Political signature reduction.

I do not display items that show my political beliefs in front of my home or on my car. I had a local candidate for city council come to my door asking for my vote, I told him he has it and he turns to the person with him and says “lets get him a yard sign”. I said, “nope”. He was like, “Oh, its not like its a Trump 2020 sign”. Even though the office he was running for was non-partisan, he was well known as a Republican.

Political signature reduction.

6 Likes

That is definitely wise to go around as more of a gray man.

4 Likes

As @Jeff-A1 said, it helps to wait for more of the story to come out. Guess I jumped the gun on that one a little bit. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, sorry about that. I was just enjoying a nice Scotch while reading about these disturbing events. I’ve been fortunate to be far enough away from any rioting that those events have not personally impacted me.

I do have a couple of Beretta t-shirts that I wear on a rare occasion outside of the home, but as like most here have stated, I do not have anything on my vehicle nor on my property to identify my politics or firearm ownership.

2 Likes