Watch "BREAKING NEWS: ATF Making AR/AK Pistols AOWs & SBRs and MORE!" on YouTube

Make sure this gets spread around.

12 Likes

Saw this the other day, atf is just nuts. They think they can do whatever they want. First atf says ok, no problem. Then they see tax money coming their way. Oh boy we got them now, lets change the rules, who cares. DemocrAts made some room in the prisons lets fill hem back up. Yeah I think their nuts…

4 Likes

Yeah, so those people who own those guns can they take the brace off to be compliant? @MikeBKY, @Craig6 or are they instant felons.

3 Likes

Naw, didn’t see this one coming…

3 Likes

@Zavier_D I have heard of the recent interpretation but do not know yet what is really going on with it.
All I will say is, if you think it is bad now, just wait and see what happens with a Biden or Harrass (intentional misspelling) presidency.

6 Likes

I still fail to see how the ATF can change classifications like this and make things “illegal”.

3 Likes

The ATF needs to be removed

3 Likes

I unfortunately have not had time to get down in the weeds on this one. As I understand it the ATFE banned a particular manufacturer from producing a specific platform NOT the parts on the platform individually. As I understand it the ruling is now under litigation and as such is held back from enforcement, but I could be wrong. Like I said I haven’t had the chance to see the letter or the other pertinent bits.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

My understanding is that the turmoil is due to the fact that there are a number of already approved ‘pistols’ that, if reevaluated, would fail to be certified for the same reasons.

3 Likes

I’m glad I read this post. I was actually looking at an AR Pistol for a pretty good price and close to making the purchase but I don’t think it’s a good idea now.

2 Likes

Ok, so I have seen many of these on youtube, read the articles and the letter from The Wiley firm.

We all know the recent Honey Badger debacle has caused huge concern on how the ATF will potentially be coming after certain types of firearms.

Here is my take…your AR/AK pistol is still legal. Why do I say this? Because there is nothing released by the ATF making it illegal. The Wiley firm represents many firearm clients and released a letter issuing it’s interpretation to warn clients about POSSIBLE future limitations on importation of pistols. This interpretation for the ATF is about importation at this time.

What this does mean though is that there is the potential the ATF could rule that ANY firearm not meeting specifications for a pistol could be subject to NFA regulation. With the 60 stay on the Honey Badger and the recent importation regulation change, I believe they are gearing up for a Biden presidency. Under a Trump presidency, they know they can’t just suddenly make them restricted so if he gets re-elected then we may see this go away…hopefully.

For now, your AR/AK pistol is legal, but if you have been thinking of making yours an SBR, you may want to just pull the trigger and do it now. Or, just wait and see what happens.

Best thing to do is write to AG Barr, Trump and your local congress people about your concerns and start fighting back against this type of tyranny. If you have time to post on a forum about it, you have the time to talk to the people that can make a difference.

2 Likes

Just watched it. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Just to coin an old phrase its not what it was, what it is, it’s what it shall be.

1 Like

If, and I repeat - ‘IF’ ATF rules that having a brace on an AR-Pistol puts it into the category of an SBR, just remove both the brace and the brace buffer tube, then install a smooth, round AR -Pistol buffer tube and you’r good to go.

2 Likes