Walmart, what are you thinking?!

This guy was open carrying at a Walmart in Kentucky, now he’s barred from all Walmart’s in the country.

3 Likes

Well that’s not much punishment I have been to Walmart only a couple times in probably the past 20 years or so. But my true feelings are that, that Psychopath is going to try other Walmart’s to see if he can get away with it

1 Like

Who are you calling a psychopath?

1 Like

The guy who went to Walmart dressed in his black shooters outfit who was it you thought I was calling a psychopath?

1 Like

No I thought you were referencing the guy in the video who was just open carrying in a paddle holster. I was actually lining up some reasons why he might be open carrying otherwise.

Even if you were calling me a psychopath I would most likely have taken it as a joke, I’m not easily offended in the slightest. My coworkers can attest to that, we’re absolutely savage with each other lol

1 Like

Spence I should have said that guy who wanted to shoot up walmart was a antisocial nut but I’m sorry as to not be crystal clear. Sometimes I get in a hurry and leave things out I’m sorry have a nice day sir

2 Likes

It’s all good. These forums are a constant reminder of how easy it is to misunderstand what’s being said without the visual and audible cues we’re used to having in day to day conversations.

4 Likes

There is one fact: Walmart is not prepared to sell firearms. Even buying ammo there is a challenge.
One day I was in need to buy ammo for my range and Walmart was the closest place… I spent 20 minutes in the aisle because they couldn’t find anyone with FOID card to sell me ammo.
People may like shopping in Walmart because of prices. So do I. However Walmart’s employees don’t know s**t about selling firearms. (I hope not all of the stores, I’m mentioning my location - 3 Walmarts).
I definitely agree that Walmart has “firearm security issue”.

4 Likes

The Walmart’s around me all sell firearms and ammo. I’ve only had an issue one time and that was with a new middle management lady who wanted to play 20 questions about why I wanted two 250 round boxes of 9mm. Thankfully the guy who normally runs the counter showed up and got what i needed without my having to ask again. I was doubly impressed when he told her to stop trying to chase his regulars away.

6 Likes

Hmmm… I think if I would be purchasing ammo regularly at Walmart I’ll be arrested :wink:
I usually buy 1,000 - 1,500 rounds in one order. I do this online only - no questions ask, no strange looks from people…
People are scared seeing such amount of ammo in Walmart. There is no such problem on any gun store. And that’s the reason Walmart should stay away from firearms. (…but it will never happen…)

3 Likes

Hmm…I just saw a guy leaving Walmart the other day with 5 bricks of Winchester white box, 500 round bricks that is.

He was grinning ear to ear and then I was cursing him out under my breath when I found out he bought the last 5…

I went home and ordered 1000 rounds through Fenixammo.com since i couldn’t get the winchesters.

Edit: I honestly think we all worry too much about what others think. Maybe it’s just time to start telling people to mind their own…

5 Likes

You are so right. Sometimes I have a terrible time finding my place again when I try to come back to it.

1 Like

I shop several Walmarts around me near DFW. Dallas has 4 now in city limits proper iirc. I have 3 with 12 miles or less and 5 more under 20 or less. Several have wall gun style cabinets and at lease 1 has a rotisserie style turn table. All glass type doors. After they close the registers in sporting goods the guns still remain so yeah I agree they have issues overnight. But otherwise they have a limited number of associates that can access them and locked ammo.

1 Like

Walmart has announced they will stop selling some types of ammo including handgun and 223/556. According to this article the plan is to sell off current supply and not restock:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-to-stop-selling-ammunition-for-some-guns/ar-AAGKJhQ?ocid=spartandhp

1 Like

Just saw that reported on FOX. My local ammo shop is jumping for joy!

3 Likes

Probably breaking out Champagne

2 Likes

Walmart has now banned open carry I all of its stores.

2 Likes

Yep. Done shopping there. Now I need to go let them know why.

1 Like

Tell them why you aren’t shopping there anymore.

1 Like

Not surprising here. It takes stones(or pearls) to stand up for the 2nd Amendment, especially amongst all this media coverage and pressure. Walmart is for-profit and they’ve already done the math. El Paso pushed it over the edge for them and I can see how that would look. Oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like