Walmart to end sales of handgun ammo and not allow O/C in stores

I like this idea but with the sign as Zee suggested (already emailed cooperate).

1 Like
2 Likes

Excellent, just f&#$*&^ Excellent! Printing my sign now. I love the, oops I left my money in my other holster.

2 Likes

At the risk of being too subtle
 you may want to give it a subtitle spelling it out.

2 Likes

Reading the comments it’s good to see that people are emailing Walmart corporate and letting them know what a bad choice they made.

2 Likes

To be honest, our emails won’t change one thing. Walmart is gonna stand firm on this, especially in this current climate. And because of El Paso. Of course concealed carry is still permitted. Just mark them off the list because Walmart is big enough to accept the loss for what would be perceived as the greater good for the public. I won’t spend one dime with them, that’s to be sure. 2A til after my dying day!!! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I disagree Tex (respectfully). Walmart may not change but you can bet other retailers are watching.

4 Likes

@TX_M, just tell 'em why. If they want to stand, let them know what it costs. Maybe they shift, maybe they don’t. Companies do sometimes course correct, but not unless they know what’s biting them.

6 Likes

I respect that. And that’s exercising our rights within itself.

3 Likes

Just e-mailed them. The fact that they are still selling some ammo suggests they know this won’t be popular with their customers.

2 Likes

They said they will stop selling after existing stock sells out. Be sure to email Walmart Corporate and tell them how you feel.

2 Likes

This is a shame, walmart has already caused local grocery stores to close around here. Almost no choice here without paying more for food.

4 Likes

We’re going to pay the difference. But we buy local when we can anyway. Just going to be a bit more diligent about it now.

3 Likes

This is typicality what happens of Walmart @John150 The normal situation is Walmart builds and mom and pop type establishments pretty much dry up.

3 Likes

Honestly, I can see this as a business decision. They aren’t selling much if any, they get to cut down their inventory and virtue signal at the same time. I think their sales show firearms account for 2% of the total across all retailers and ammunition counts for the 20-some % mark. This, in my opinion, is where they’re trying to reach for the customer base they don’t have. I think the Chinese tariff situation will fix them in time anyways. I don’t shop there. I can go elsewhere, pay 1-3 cents more per item and avoid their lines lol

3 Likes

Wow, just watched the report. In California it is already illegal to open carry and we already have background checks, and now they aren’t going to sell pistol ammo nation wide. I am tried of hearing about these evil people messing it up for law abiding citizens and then the citizens get treated like a bunch of little kids, like it’s our fault. There is always going to be evil in this world and the only way to change it, is to change the persons Heart one person at a time. This is what happens when people react off emotions and don’t think logically.

5 Likes

I’m not really a Walmart customer, only on occasion I have used RIA money transfer to send money, which are inside by Walmart customer service desks. It’s just a very symbolic gesture from Walmart its never going to stop a criminal from purchasing ammunition elsewhere and it’s going to be good for your local gun shop. The thing about it is that once again we decent law abiding citizens who own millions of guns have to be lumped into our local, state, and federal politicians “feel good” hypocritical policies because a company such as Walmart will not stand up to the antigunner leftists in our country. Every time without fail this happens and law abiding people like you and me have to pay for it because some nut job shooter shoots up a soft target aka (Gun Free Zone)

5 Likes

I don’t buy ammo at Walmart. I buy from my gun dealer, Hood’s Guns and More. If he goes out of business, Rural King is across from Walmart, and they are Pro-2A.

3 Likes

What I have been doing today, and will continue to do forever, is to tell other merchants in advance that in the event they ever do what Walmart and others have done, they will lose my family business and that of my firm forever. Today I started with Kroger where we buy all of our groceries and Atwoods where I buy handgun ammo and other products from time to time, in both stores telling local managers to pass the word up to line to corporate.

After several years of being an everyday customer who spent thousands of dollars per year in their local store, I got fed up with Walmart and swore them off years ago. They automatically assume that any customer who walks in the door is a criminal. Their “greeters” are actually exit guards. And I refuse to be stopped to have my receipt checked. I"ve told them so, and they don’t care.

I swore off Academy, too, when they moved their ARs to the back room in response to the Florida shooting. I told them that since they showed themselves to be ashamed of selling ARs, I was then ashamed to be their customer, and they could do without my business.

A few years ago a local convenience store I stop in occasionally changed ownership, and the new owners posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs, which in Texas prohibits both open and concealed carry. I stuck my head in the door and told the clerk to tell her new boss that I wouldn’t come back in their store until those signs came down. Next time I drove by there the signs had been removed.

FedEx customer service has told me that corporate management’s policy is that only the military and police should own “assault rifles.” Since that time, every time my family or my firm looks to buy anything from a merchant over the internet, if the merchant ships only by FedEx, we call them and tell them that although we had budgeted to spend quite a bit with them, we won’t do business with them unless they provide us with an alternate shipping carrier, and we explain our reason to them. Some say they are pro-gun and agree with us and will look into the matter further. Others say they will make an exception for us and ship with another carrier. Other say they don’t care, or they agree with FedEx, and are happy for us to shop elsewhere.

You have to understand that many of these merchants don’t know that these issues are import to us, and they don’t know that there are large numbers of us. Many, once it’s explained to them, are happy to do what they can to help out.

5 Likes

The bigger impact will be not on lost ammo revenue but in lost customer revenue
 if 2A folks walk their entire business elsewhere. We don’t spend much on ammo there anyway because we choose to buy ammo through firearms-focused businesses, but we do (did) use them as our primary general shopping venue
 and that’s a fair amount of dollars.

Yes, we do that as well.

Yes, this ^^^

5 Likes