Wake up America! A word to LEOs

I do not need to self-reflect on this. I have been pulled-over and told to get out of my vehicle. I did as I was told. I have friends that have had traffic stops, too, none of them decided non-compliance was the right path.

1 Like

Was I not heeding their commands? No. Neither did I give them reason to draw on me. And if I had, I donā€™t believe non-compliance would have been wise. Drop the mic.

I did read the story and in my initial post I posted quotes from it. I even watched the video. Whether or not one believes he/she was ā€œbreaking the lawā€ has no bearing on heeding an officerā€™s command. We are told here to always comply. If the officer is committing an illegal act, it is in oneā€™s best interest to comply, then file charges later. Arguing/fighting. etc., can result in more charges, harm or death. It is much better to not be harmed or killed than to argue whether or not the officer is wrong. I have yet to read where fighting an officer works out well.

Reminds me of a Ron White joke. I do not know how many it would take, but I saw how many there were.

1 Like

Didnt say or imply that. What I dont do well is suffer fools.

ā€œNo winners if Civil Warā€ ?
I disagree.
China wins.

3 Likes

I am not trolling you. The video clearly shows him fighting, aka, physically resisting the officers. Nowhere in the video are the officers beating him. The only physical actions taken were, first, pepper spray, then physically getting him to the ground when he refused to do it himself, and struggling with him to get the handcuffs on when he did not submit.

You claim he was afraid for his life. If this was true wouldnā€™t not stopping, resulting in their drawing their firearms after he did stop; 4 or 5 minutes of non-compliance, not heeding their commands to get out of the vehicle; forcing them to pepper spray him; and struggling with them to get on to the ground and be handcuffed, turn an otherwise normal traffic stop into one where the police had to use force to subdue, make the traffic stop more dangerous for all involved?

Police do get injured arresting people when they resist. My relative, now a retired LEO, with severe work-related injuries, has related numerous stories about the antics arrestees use, and the injures he and them suffered as a result of that.

Traffic stops are where most police are killed in the line-of-duty. The last year I could find with full stats shows assaults on , injuries to, and deaths of police for 2018 of 60,632 assaults resulting in 18,379 injuries, and 181 deaths.

He does that a lot. I keep him on ignore.

2 Likes

I troll no one. I read most threads. If you find that I disagree with your opinion, that is not trolling, that is just me expressing my opinion. I will not be bullied by anyone just because he/she disagrees with me.

1 Like

Where do you see racism? The officer obviously could not see who was in the vehicle when the officer signaled for the vehicle to pull over, the windows were darkly tinted, and it was night time.

@Dave17 and @KillJoy If you two want to have a pi$$ing match why donā€™t you PM each other.
Do not get my topic shut down because you two cannot control yourselves. Other people still find it interesting. :unamused:
Itā€™s a difference of opinion, get over it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Now now. Things will get easier. Oo child things ā€˜ll get brighter. Oo child ā€¦

I already fixed it. But thanks for the nudge.

1 Like

I would argue that a law enforcement officer, thatā€™s key, that ā€œenforcesā€ an unconstitutional law or an ethically or morally questionable directive is the one with no integrity. Integrity means doing the right thing and doing it whether someone is looking or not.

4 Likes

@BRUCE26, it is not a ā€œpissingā€ contest. Your comment is rude.

1 Like

I hear ya. Sorry. Iā€™ll get off my horse.

2 Likes

How dare you tell me not to get butt hurt, itā€™s my butt if I want to have a stick up my ass ! Wait Never mind. Iā€™m offended you suggested, my offense was because Iā€™m offended because whoā€™s on first? Whatā€™s on second , and donā€™t call me a snow flake because I melt at the first sign of heat and because I like the comfort of wool and like minds itā€™s baaad ! Practice to label our short comings. Cause my echo chamber is my small set of people with our narrow focus. Because Iā€™m slightly racist mildly misogynistic and arrogantly ignorant and possibly prejudiced, and a pinch homophobic, how dare you call me anti Asian! Iā€™ll have you know my best friend Tae kwondo , is Asian and Iā€™m offended you would suggest Iā€™m butt hurt all butts matter not just black butts ! Ps keep up the good work

3 Likes

@Owen2 :flushed:

1 Like

@Owen2 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like