WA Insurance Commissioner Fines USCCA For Selling ‘Unauthorized Insurance’

You are right, it’s the entire system, top to bottom. Like I said, I had to get out of the city too. When living there I often took the CTA and EL, and wondered on what day I would be jumped.

Did you know that the people on an Orange Line passenger car, between the Halsted stop and Roosevelt Rd stop were robbed? This happened a couple of years ago.

I stay on top of the news coming out of Chicago via Twitter feeds on the Chicago Scanner and CWB website. They need to build more jails, and toughen up the courts!

1 Like

Well there’s a proposal for the Cook Co. budget for a brand new County jail and if you ever had to go to jury duty there or testify (I have) at Cook County jail it’s a place you never want to be. As to the El yes I knew the CTA Police don’t care much, no insults meant to anyone reading this but they’re not in the give a hoot business. I grew up in the 1950’s, 1960’s, early ‘70’s I was gone to the Army for 18 years, came home it was terrible. Lived through the 1968 Chicago DNC Terrible the Hippies and Protesters tried killing the police civil war was here They took actual Golf Balls put nails through them as weapons took the heads off and sharpened the head side so both ends were sharp and Chicago became a war zone. I’m 69 years young and I love the city but I’m never going back. Well it was nice talking to you Tommy I have to go out now and get a few things done. :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

In my experience liberal = lazy generally, because liberals are content to let someone else look after them. That is to say, government.

I’ve asked that same question and been told they’re working on it. I’m guessing they have a lot of rocks and shoals to navigate if WA Mike is any example of what they’re dealing with.

Edited for language. ~Dawn

NRA went with a company called Lockton Casualty, which had carried their insurance heretofore for stolen and lost firearms. Reputable outfit. Then the Capo Mafioso masquerading as governor of New York sicced his state administrators on Lockton and threatened to stop them from selling anything in New York State. Lockton, being faced with a mega-bully, bailed.

1 Like

I’m hoping there’s an opportunity for USCCA and Delta Defense to take these political bullies to court and beat their damn ears back!

3 Likes

Man that’s a crappy deal and a horribly expensive education.

At least you were able to stop the assault when you did or you could have easily doubled or tripled the cost treating the injuries that would have followed a prolonged assault.

2 Likes

I’d like to think that I did the right thing. The small pocket knife never left my right hip. It was not moved, thrust, or swung at anyone, nor did I say anything other than “Knife!” I did not threaten anyone with the knife, did not motion toward anyone with the knife.

I have NOT been hired due to having this record. At this point, maybe a thorough beating would have been preferable…and then if I thought the beating was over the top, then draw the knife to my hip.

It all happens so fast. Then they arrest you, and there is no time to explain…and the guys that did strike and kick me walked away. I never testified in court and accepted the charges when I was $1,500 in debt for pretrial.

2 Likes

I feel for ya and this is exactly why the USCCA exists.

3 Likes

Anti 2nd Amendment Types: Gun owners need to carry insurance like a car

Also Anti 2nd Amendment Types: Gun insurance is illegal

1 Like

Please remember, name calling is not allowed in this Community - whether the person is in the Community or not.

@Stephen49, name calling and generalizations about any group of people does nothing to advance educational conversation. Choose your words wisely so that your opinion does not alienate those whose minds you are trying to change.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re question is, @Gluon? I’d love to assist in any way I can.

2 Likes

txradioguy, Thanks! What you say is very plausible. It seems the way to fight back is on the premise you stated in your post. If USCCA is not an insurance company, rather an organization that provides education, training, and LEGAL PROTECTION if a member is in a physical self defense incident, there is no basis to the insurance commissioners argument. Right? USCCA, what say you? USCCA, reword everything to read LEGAL PROTECTION, disassociate from anything that COULD imply insurance. Align all marketing under the guise LEGAL PROTECTION to proactively fend off other states that may want to offer the same arguments as Washington, New York, and New Jersey.

Also, I’m 1/2 hour from Insurance Comm Ofc in Washington. I can go there (fact finding) any given time. Not looking to represent USCCA or any organization in a formal capacity. Just looking to contribute to our struggles against a common enemy. In that sense, are there any ideas here in the community as to what information we may need to gather re: their position, how they plan to defend that position, what pressure points we can apply to help them reconsider their position, or info we can/should collect to assist USCCA in initiating a strong counter, or give USCCA any advantage.

I wish USCCA had contested the fines and any payments. Paying is like admitting guilt, and payments fund their fight against us pro 2nd amendment, law abiding, lovers of our constitution and our constitutional republic. I live in Washington, this affects me directly. I want my mental back, and I want to fight back or assist USCCA in their (our) fight. Anybody with me?

If more law-abiding citizens would speak out about this it could change & without all the legal expense’s for the USCCA. I love that you guys will fight for the rights of law-abiding-fire arms owners, but sometimes the people should do the “fighting” (in a legal way) for their rights.

When people stand up it gets done! Look at Oklahoma…thee legislators were going to place Red Flag laws but instead got constitutional carry when the people raised to their calling.

4 Likes

I’m not sure we know if they have paid or not… being issued a fine, and paying it, are two different things… there can be appeals and court actions in between the two.

4 Likes

I was just informed that my Elite USCCA membership would not be able to be renewed for 2020. I have been a member for many years now and I feel like the USCCA has left us Washington state members in the rearview mirror. I hope and pray that this will get resolved quickly but I now hear the same thing happened in New York over a year ago and still those members do not have a resolution. Please if anyone has any information as to why self defense insurance is not being offered in Washington state or what the USCCA is doing to fight for us, I would greatly appreciate it. Carry on, Carry often, Carry absolutely everywhere! Never leave your cave without your Club. You don’t want to be that unarmed Caveman… (Mark Walter’s, AAR)

1 Like

@Andrew42 - welcome!

You might want to look through this thread → WA Insurance Commissioner Fines USCCA For Selling ‘Unauthorized Insurance’

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @Andrew42! I wish it was under better circumstances and that I had more information for you. The USCCA does not sell insurance, we sell a membership with education, training and legal protection.

We are working diligently to find a resolution so that we can once again sell memberships in Washington and New York. I wish it was a faster process, but it unfortunately isn’t. I want you to know we definitely aren’t just sitting back and waiting for one option to work out. We are continually exploring options so that we can find the best option for ALL responsibly armed Americans in the future.

I know that’s not the answer you had hoped for. I can’t wait to be able to share that we once again serve all of the US. Until that day happens, we appreciate your patience and will continue to work toward finding that resolution.

BTW, I moved your comment to this thread as the topic was already started. Hope you don’t mind. ~Dawn

2 Likes

Don’t blame the USCCA, blame your crappy politicians…

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the information. I am born and raised in Washington state and I am shocked at what had become of my home state in such a short amount of time. Most of this state is Red and believes in the constitution being the supreme law of the land. However Seattle, Tacoma, and Spokane have all the political power nowadays. Shameful what is being done to honest law abiding citizens.

2 Likes