WA Insurance Commissioner Fines USCCA For Selling ‘Unauthorized Insurance’

So the way that reads, if you make an illegal left turn and cause an accident, your insurance is prohibited from responding to subsequent damages? We could go on, how about drunk driving, etc………

4 Likes

USCCA is a Membership organization. Maybe our Buddy @MikeBKY can talk about it but it seems to me if they for whatever reason your state is disallowing USCCA if there’s a self defense situation you can file suit on the state because they took your right to belong to USCCA and financial protection away from you by disallowing your protection. To me Washington is acting irresponsibly in behalf of the citizenry.

2 Likes

As a retired insurance broker and risk manager I remain surprised that USCCA does not contract with an appropriate insurance carrier and offer this liability coverage as a member optional benefit.

2 Likes

Until the ACA (Obamacare) was enacted, private insurance has always been regulated at the state level. Washington state is interpreting the financial protections provided by USCCA as insurance which the Constitution gives them the power to regulate. See the 10th Amendment.
And even the ACA didn’t say you have the right to have insurance only that you had an obligation to purchase insurance.
And always remember that states are sovereign and can always claim immunity.

3 Likes

@MikeBKY I understand more now Mike Thank You Sir! I like learning things like this even though I’m never going to be in Washington, you just never know what the crooks here in IL will move towards

5 Likes

These people will never stop. Whatever they can do to attack & circumvent the 2nd Amendment will be done. The endgame is already known- complete disarmament of the people. I will never be surprised by the lengths they will go to in order to accomplish that goal. Only the ungodly call good evil & evil good. They defend the lawless. They demonize the decent folk.

3 Likes

That’s actually what the USCCA does. Our memberships include education, training and legal protection if you ever have to legally defend yourself for your physical self-defense. The responses below yours (especially @Zee and @MikeBKY) pretty much explain it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The NRA has done exactly what you are saying and they are in the same boat. Last I saw, it sounded like NRA’s CarryGuard legal protection was a thing of the past.

2 Likes

If the NRA has done “exactly” what I suggested USCCA do and are experiencing the same problem, then they obviously failed to do it properly.

If the NRA’s policy does go away it will be largely due to the fact that their policy terms and conditions (to use a technical term) suck. This is why I took coverage with USCCA’s program.

If you prefer to blame the current difficulties in the State of Washington, solely on politics, that’s your prerogative. I merely made a suggestion that could overcome the problem. To believe that this problem won’t occur in other jurisdictions would be incredibly naive.

Best wishes from a loyal member,

Mike

@Mike56, I cannot speak to what the NRA did or didn’t do, as I am not a part of that team.
What I can tell you is that the USCCA is working with a team of experts to find a solution that will allow us to help responsibly armed Americans in all 50 states. Unfortunately, there is no easy, one-size-fits-all answer to the situation.

As soon as we have a solution that will work, we will definitely let everyone know.

3 Likes

Dawn, no one expects you to speak for the NRA, especially not me.

I made a simple suggestion, then proceeded to describe the NRA policy in negative terms, finally stated that the superior terms of the USCCA coverage is far superior and was a major factor in my decision to enroll my wife and myself as USCCA members a few years ago.

Surely no one connected to USCCA in any capacity has a problem with any of that, do they?

Regards,

Mike

My response was mailing regarding these portions of your comments. If I misread your comments, please let me know. :slight_smile:

When someone mentions the NRA and the USCCA together I do usually clarify that I cannot talk to what they’re doing as I don’t follow all of the details going on with the NRA and their programs. You’d be surprised how many people expect us to know all of the details of a different organization’s workings. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I think we’ve exhausted this subject, don’t you agree?

Thanks,
Mike

I was attacked by 5 guys on the South Side of Chicago. I was looking for a group of people that went by the name “43rd Street Boys.” I have no idea if they are a gang or not, but as soon as I asked about them I was under attack. The individuals kicked me, grabbed at me, threw me up against the wall, and they were ALL trying to grab a hold of me. I had to stop the attack immediately.

The only thing that I had on me at the time was a folding knife with a 1.5 inch blade. I managed to get the knife out of my pocket to my right hip, where it stayed the entire time of the event…and I said, “Knife!” That was the end of the altercation, and I left.

The police arrested me less than 500ft away from the altercation. I was frisked, admitted to opening the knife, and did not have USCCA insurance. The court costs spiraled out of control, and I had to eat Misdemeanor Ag Assault charges.

This is why I have USCCA insurance. Had I had a decent lawyer, I would not have this charge on my record. Having this on my record may mean that I never work again in information systems after investing $70,000 for my education.

Edited for language ~Dawn

2 Likes

@Tommy_Chi. I’m from Chicago Tommy, I now live in Lisle but I’m originally from the south side Rosemoor-Roseland area. Went to see the old neighborhood in February 2016, was shot by attempted robbery lost my left index finger but saved my own life. I had the time because I was 1 month retired and I was wanting to see a once beautiful neighborhood. I’m feel for you, my incident turned out much different but I’m fine as always. You know us South Side Irishmen do always . I will never go back to the city again ever it’s just not safe. :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Thank you for your support of the USCCA, @Tommy_Chi. I’m so glad you’re safe and sound. The legal aspect of self-defense can be devastating.

I did remove the last line of your post as it was against Community Standards.

3 Likes

It is much easier to take over a company/state/country, if the current owners have no way to resist the efforts to take anything/everything away from you/others. If people think that is not the goal, they are not too informed on what is planned for us. Those among us who have enjoyed the freedom this country (U.S.A.) has provided, are most likely just tools used by the real aggressors. Wait until you find what is in store for “US” if and when the political situation changes. Most of us are not going to like the difference!

1 Like

I’m right up the road from you at Naper Blvd and 55th! Canaryville is where the altercation took place. I’ve been in and out of that and the Beverly neighborhood for decades. I’m not John Wayne, but teens don’t scare me. These kids eventually grow up and become productive members of society.

I’m use to discussing things with people. I’ve had to admonish members of the “42 Boys,” “29th Street Bishops,” “Saints Disciples,” “Latin Kings” it’s all good…usually you just talk to them and tell them their acts are not going to fly in the neighborhood, or bring the events to their parents knowledge and they straighten up right away. I had never been in a fight with ANY of them…and I feel like I got railroaded by the system.

I agree 100% with you. Chicago is not safe at all. I’m just getting too old to deal with the teens, and they are living in a system that protects them now.

2 Likes

Sorry ma’am, I don’t even know what I wrote. Thank you for fixing my message so that I stay within the rules.

3 Likes

Well it’s not the police it’s the liberal Democratically appointed or elected bleeding heart judges Cook, Lake, are the worst. Dupage is normally ok. When I was young we lived on 101st I went to Catholic High School at Marist it was all boys, since then it’s boys and girls now. I took the CTA bus across 103rd St & the city and through Beverly etc. transferred at Kedzie and up to Marist on Pulaski so I know the city well. Got in real fights back then with Brother Rice kids at Kennedy Park. Fast forward 60 years and spent 18 years in the Army and now retired I was a Illinois licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer and here I am at our community talking to you.

2 Likes